Invisible Inc - Update 11: Fresh Code is now live

• Developer

post-251510-0-96569700-1438819816_thumb.

Click here to download the full 1920 × 1080 image!

The update is live! The official update notes are in the spoiler below. There are a few extra items since the post on the weekend.

In order to save the progress of missions in older saves, some of the update features will not apply until after the current mission is complete. Any new mission started after the update will have all the features.

Items marked with a * will apply to missions started before the update.

New Features

- 2 new starting programs to unlock.
- 8 new programs to find and buy at server terminals.

Kevin's expanded agent banter added

- New versions of the location maps: 

• new Vault
  • new CEO office
  • new Detention Center
  • new Guard Dispatch
  • new Server Farm
  • new Nanofab Vestibule
  • new Cyberlab (special!)

- New starting room variations

Open single door hotkey - default is F. *

- Armor icon and stat always visible on guards. *
Item requirements always show. *
CTRL click for right click on MAC enabled. *
Tooltip on guards searched and expertly searched by an agent with Anarchy 5. * 
- Augment grafter panel improved. *

Balance Changes

- Felix daemon has been changed. 

- Cloak Rig III has been changed.

Bug fixes
- Guards insta killing KO agents when they wake up is fixed.
- KO resistance will modify all KO effects like shocktaps and flash grenades
- Fixed blocked peeking in an obscure case. *  
- Blinking rewind button no longer pauses gameplay. *
- Time attack mode will now also unlock Expert level achievements. *
- Holocircuit Overloaders do not make a noise that will alert guards.
- Modded plastech guard spawn rate bug fixed/
- Endless key card exploit removed/
- Central can now pick up the final mission item ( for when she starts with a full inventory).*

- Anatomy Analysis will not activate on disabled heart monitors.

- A Prisoner or Courier can abandon an agent in the field as long as at least one agent has escaped beforehand. *

- Items killed while parasited will release the parasite.

- Fusion shows the right tooltips and operates as described.

Hotfix - build 146094

NOTE: the hotfix works like the other fixes. Changes will not apply to missions saved before the hotfix was applied unless they have an *

- Taurus, Datablast and Oracle interact with Charge correctly.
- Lightning, Root and Nika tool tips corrected *
- Program Cooldown will show up more prominently on tooltips at the store *
- Server farms will not spawn the old Felix.
- Safe's will not show the steal icon unless there is something for that agent to steal 
- The new Vault will no longer have guards spawn behind the vault door 

Hotfix - Build 146665

Note: Items marked with a * will apply to old saves. Other fixes will not apply to old saves until you finish the mission or you choose to regen the mission when loading the save file.

- Emp spam bug fixed

- Felix duration bug fixed

- Repeating programs at the upgrade screen fixed *

- Guards won't spawn in the new cyberlab vault area

- Option to regenerate a mission with new version when loading and old version save.*

- Fixed a bug where augment grafters could generate different augments between rewinds

- PASSIVE tooltip no longer cut off at shop screen for Charge and Overdrive. *

- Prism can undisguise behind cover and cameras won't see her.

- Fixed an error that could generate levels without important rooms (exit, objective)

- Fixed an error that would create different results when REWIND was used.

- Fixed a bug that caused Prism to be shot when guards searched through doors.

- Fixed a bug that caused guards not to reveal disguise when opening doors right onto prism.

- Fixed reversed buttons on volume controls. *

Hotfix - Build 146742

Note: Items marked with a * will apply to old saves. Other fixes will not apply to old saves until you finish the mission or you choose to regen the mission when loading the save file.

- Fixed a glitch when Monster's gun spawns a Daemon.

- Added some more agent banter lines.*

Hotfix - Build 147076

- Agent string data will localize properly again.

Hotfix - Build 147308

- Fixed a bug that was failing to load po files properly in OSX and Linux.

- Fixed a bug with the REFRESH LANGUAGES button. It sets the language to what is currently loaded now and you don't need to restart twice to get a new language choice to stick. 

How to install the update for those of us who bought the standalone game?

If you bought the game on another site (Humble or GoG for example): Just go back to the site and redownload the game (or patch it if you have a launcher like the Galaxy beta).

Question about new character:

Is it intentional that Archived Prism has no augment slot at all? I mean, there were agents with no augment, but not having even the slot seems a bit too much of a cost for her Holovid skills...

edit: Never mind, I just watched the beginning part of the stream and realized it actually was intentional. Al though I really need some practice with this...

New programs so great, and new Prism playstyle is so different and awesome, it's like new surprising definition of "different" for this game.

Played only with new starting programs but can't wait to try Fool+Faust combo next time.

• Developer

Just put a hotfix up. Changes were:

- Taurus, Datablast and Oracle interact with Charge correctly.
- Lightning, Root and Nika tool tips corrected *
- Program Cooldown will show up more prominently on tooltips at the store *
- Server farms will not spawn the old Felix.
- Safe's will not show the steal icon unless there is something for that agent to steal 
- The new Vault will no longer have guards spawn behind the vault door

Hey does anyone know if this update affects the modded mk II left over code? I am asking because it was "useless" in the sense it was code for a guard that is not even in the game, but I used that code for a mod I made so if that was altered or altogether removed that would break the mod. I would like to know beforehand so I make backup for the scripts.zip file. I have some more mods in mind that I would like to code, but this compatibility issue is making me doubt if I should backup before updating or not. Thanks in advance to all those who answer my question.

• Developer

That code was not changed as far as I remember. 

When the DLC comes out, there will be some mod api features which should make your life easier if you want to add a custom agent or enemy.

That code was not changed as far as I remember. 

When the DLC comes out, there will be some mod api features which should make your life easier if you want to add a custom agent or enemy.

Yes please!

OH DEAR LORD! YES!! KLEI you rock!

@Jason Thanks for the new Cyberlab. At first I was like: only one augment crafter, Im going to avoid it, but its kinda cool (but I would like 2 of them even if that means we wont be able to at more slots. I think it would be more useful on the long run).

@Caischcer @Cyberboy2000 You can alredy see some of it in the mod-api.lua file in the client folder. I hope they will document some of the stuff in there, some thingds confuse me. Also, one more month till fall, yeah. This means, if Klei will hit the time they annunce, it a mx of 4 months to wait, woooo.

Edit: It migth be also worked into the modloader. It seems tha mod-api is functinal. But I can not promise you that, since I do not develop the loader, I only chat with the creator.

- Fusion shows the right tooltips and operates as described.

Uh ignoring the fact that calling it a bug is sort of a cop out because it's worked this way for months without being fixed; this kinda ruins Fusion :(. Takes 15 turns now to break even with power drip, compared to 5 before.

Great update though. I love the Overdrive/Charge interaction with everything, almost triples the amount of programs just from these two.

I'd REALLY like an answer to my question:
Where can I get Update 11? It's not listed on GOG. It's not listed as a download here on this site.

So, is the game no longer supported on GOG? Do I have to buy a second copy and pay again for the game to get the update?
Do I have to expect that DLC (should I decide to buy it) won't run with the game I bought because there's no way to update it?

I'm feeling somewhat confused and slightly annoyed.

Archived