Upcoming changes - Oct 15 build

• Developer

For the next build, we are working on:* A very big, very mean creature that will hunt you down if you anger it.* A medium sized, very weird creature that you can steal things from.* A new type of insect to catch.* Farming overhaul: As a couple of people have mentioned, farming is waaaay overpowered in the current build, to the point where if you are a min/maxer it doesn't make sense to do much else. This change will make it so that you can only grow seeds, and it will take a bit longer. We'll probably bring back the meat and veg duplication behaviour later with a high-tech end-game structure. * To soften the blow of losing duplication, we're adding a bunch of new veggie types to grow. These will be useful for a... later update.* 'Gardening': You will be able to move replenishing plants around using the shovel. I'm looking forward to seeing lots of meticulously arranged grass fields.As usual, these are the goals. What actually gets in will come down to the vagaries of game development.

I got the game this morning, and been playing all day!This game has sooooo much potential!I'm deff' gonna stick around to see the various updates for this.Terreia was good.Minecraft was better.But "Don't Starve" beats them to ashes!!!I love the whole survival theme, but neither Minecraft or Terreia seemed to grasp that mechanic like "Don't Starve" does.Btw, is there a list somewhere where I can see whom is involved in the development of this game???

Can you give a hint as to character development? I see new characters that can potentially be unlocked (beyond W & W). Can you say anything about character powers and if they are under development or already released? No specifics. I just want to know how to invest my time with Wendy and Willow.

Are the things from the last list automatically on this new list if they didnt make it in the last update? Or are they gone forever?Last pre update list:http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?440-Upcoming-gameplay-changes&highlight=upcoming

It's a safe bet that if it doesn't make the cut for whatever reason, it would be in the next update. But that's not always going to be the case. There could be circumstances that make something take a bit longer than anticipated; but as a general rule, Kevin isn't going to post anything unless it's pretty much a sure thing. The previous list wasn't meant to be "In the next update" it was just meant to be "Upcoming Changes". If for whatever reason we said something was coming that was later decided wasn't going to happen, we would let you know.

Will I have to start from day one again to enjoy the updates or will they be applied to my progress? Might be a stupid question but my game doesnt seem to be updating or what not. Do I have to manually do something on this end? Again sorry if these are stupid questions.

Edited by hwarnack

• Developer

Certain things require a restart, but other things do not. It really depends upon the nature of the change. For this particular update, most of the new content will show up automatically in your existing world. The non-big-and-scary creature will not, however, because its home is created as a part of the world generation.I would recommend just playing your current world until you find the... other creature. Things should just work themselves out for you after that.As always, unlocks and research points will carry over.

Same here made it almost 40 days and a darn beefalo got me when my torch ran out and I thought I had another but I finally figured out how to hunt those things.Oh yeah is there a certain time this update is happening or just some time through the 15th?

is 67418 the new one? i'm not up-to-date

Nop, that build is from October 11th. Is the last one that was published.To check when a build was released, while ingame (not in the menu) press [bAKSPACE] and in the lower left corner you'll find a date and a time; that's when that particular build went live.PS: I know it says October 15th in the title, but the updates aren't released on Tuesdays? I think we'll have to wait until tomorrow...

• Developer

Ha! I read the calendar wrong when I made this thread. We're planning on pushing out the new build tomorrow, Tuesday the 16th, sometime in the early afternoon PST (so long as nothing blows up between now and then).