Attempt to index field 'sleepingbag' (a nil value)

@Tirimiru, well, backpack works fine for me. I tested with a dedicated myself.

Maybe it's also the Stack Size mod? Or maybe another mod?

Are you also sure your friend has the correct version of the mod?

Unlike the time I posted the "if not TheWorld.ismastersim then" line.

@Zackreaver:

Hey, turning it off solves the birch monster issue as you've concluded -- does this have anything to do with the coding on my side? Like is there a way for me to avoid this? Or is it the stack size mod that needs to be fixed?

Other than that, I'm glad the underlying cause was found :)
Thank you

@DarkXero:

Hah, well I just uploaded the mod on Steam recently so my friend hosting the server got that version today -- and so 'magically' the backpack works for both host and client. I guess he somehow had an outdated version after all.. even though he claimed to have deleted the mod folder and extracted the new one I gave him

Sorry your testing was for naught

Thanks again!

Or is it the stack size mod that needs to be fixed?

Stack size needs to be fixed, the mod is being called out for having it's component actions out of sync.

This error is intentionally created to inform modder's of out of sync actions.  It's getting called for Stack Size probably because Stack Size is creating a change to the INSPECT action so that it can look at items that have stacks higher than the default 10,20,40.

I haven't checked it myself, but when a situations like this happens, it's not your mod's fault.  Chances are Stack Size creates this crash on it's own.