Sign in to follow this  
MarcLWK

My Character Wont Stop Running To The Right

MarcLWK    10

So as Soon as I start the game, my guy wakes up and starts running to the right. wasd keys do not respond but when i click, he will run to that point and then start running to the right. I cant double click anything. Please help!

JoeW    23,650

Can you check to make sure this isn't happening in any other game that you are playing please?This sounds like a keyboard issue.

KonradosHut    29

Try using you keyboard to move to the right (yes, press D).I think that might work because it sometimes happens with me, you just move the way the character is moving, and then he'll stop, hopefully.

Excess    53

This JUST happened to me. I was able to play for 13 days straight without any issue, and I suddenly started running to the right for no apparent reason.

I'll do some testing and report back.

REPORT!

Couldn't find a way of unblocking the right movement in-game.

I exited to the menu and continued the game from the last save: Still running to the right.

Closed the tab, reloaded Don't Starve (without cleaning cache or closing Chrome, just the games tab) and it got fixed.

I'll now attempt to go back to where the problem started and try to reproduce the bug.

REPORT!

I couldn't reproduce the bug. Went to where it happened before and nothing. I took some screenshots of the place, in case it's of any help.

PS: Two piggies died hunting this bug. May they rest in pieces of bacon.

Edited by Excess
REPORT!

Excess    53

Ok, this happened to me again, only this time it was on the Steam version. Not much else to report, other that the bug ain't Chrome exclusive.I was running from a couple of tallbirds, [ESC]aped to main menu because I had to run (for real) and when I came back a couple of hours later, resumed the paused game and Wilson began running right......like Forrest Gump.

Deviched    10

I've also have this occasionally when I start a new world, but Wilson runs where ever he wants. Up, down, right (If it's important, I haven't seen him run left yet)Spamming creating new worlds, doesn't seem to cause Wilson to be disobedient anymore ._.

Edited by Deviched

Sign in to follow this