Investigation of Maxwell

How can you tell that it's a cigar? And why is it tied to his hand?

I think you may be confusing the white highlights, which are used to give his hand more definition so you can distinguish fingers instead of it just looking like a vaguely hand-shaped black blob, for string.

guys i don't think the devs just pulled the idea of Maxwell out of the blue, and the fact that M upside down is W may be a coincidence or the devs really intended it that way. i googled Maxwell and got some interesting results, Maxwell was a demon in the early 1800's and some other stuff but basically this is what he is:

(mainly gathered the facts that mostly occurred throughout the sites)

Race: Demon

Appearance: Maxwell carries no weapons but uses his powers of manipulation. In human form, he usually is neatly-dressed, fitting whatever fashion is in style. As a demon, Maxwell slightly resembles a ram, standing around 7 feet tall.

Personality: Maxwell's very laid-back in his stays on Earth. His calm personality makes him seem very believable to humans, which makes it easy for Maxwell to manipulate and tempt most people to do whatever he wants. The fact that he is very charming and charismatic as a human makes him all the more terrifying in his demon form.

History: Maxwell was originally a human from London in the late 1800's, a low-profile detective working on the Jack the Ripper case. While searching the streets one night, Maxwell spotted a man suspiciously resembling his subject. He approached the man, only to be led on that the stranger was, in fact, Jack. The man and the detective formed a deal where Maxwell would sell his soul in exchange for becoming famous for solving the case. Only moments later, the stranger formed into a demon, dragging Maxwell back to Hell. Since then, Maxwell has been working with the demons, unable to be released from his deal.

Strength: Brains, the game of Chess, and advanced Sudoku puzzles ( :p lolol)

Weakness: Anything requiring much physical activity

Edited by Wilson
added spoiler

Please keep in mind that Willson is the only canonical character as said by the devs (can't find Kevin's post where he said that), and the other characters are only in free-mode.

Willson's opinion on Maxwell: "I hate that guy," which points towards either Willson simply hating him for trapping him on this island, or Willson knows him.

either way, until we get story mode, we have basically nothing on **** Maxwell.

WARNING I DON'T KNOW HOW TO CREATE A SPOILER SO BE WARNED BEFORE READING ON!

[spoiler]Text[/spoiler] Edited by Sliver

guys i don't think the devs just pulled the idea of Maxwell out of the blue, and the fact that M upside down is W may be a coincidence or the devs really intended it that way. i googled Maxwell and got some interesting results, Maxwell was a demon in the early 1800's and some other stuff but basically this is what he is:

(mainly gathered the facts that mostly occurred throughout the sites)

Race: Demon

Appearance: Maxwell carries no weapons but uses his powers of manipulation. In human form, he usually is neatly-dressed, fitting whatever fashion is in style. As a demon, Maxwell slightly resembles a ram, standing around 7 feet tall.

Personality: Maxwell's very laid-back in his stays on Earth. His calm personality makes him seem very believable to humans, which makes it easy for Maxwell to manipulate and tempt most people to do whatever he wants. The fact that he is very charming and charismatic as a human makes him all the more terrifying in his demon form.

History: Maxwell was originally a human from London in the late 1800's, a low-profile detective working on the Jack the Ripper case. While searching the streets one night, Maxwell spotted a man suspiciously resembling his subject. He approached the man, only to be led on that the stranger was, in fact, Jack. The man and the detective formed a deal where Maxwell would sell his soul in exchange for becoming famous for solving the case. Only moments later, the stranger formed into a demon, dragging Maxwell back to Hell. Since then, Maxwell has been working with the demons, unable to be released from his deal.

Strength: Brains, the game of Chess, and advanced Sudoku puzzles ( :p lolol)

Weakness: Anything requiring much physical activity

Oh god. That seems actually really accurate the way I see it.

the way I see it Maxwell is a demon and the island(s) are a purgatory/hell created by himI figure the characters are dead and are being punished for sins (or for a deal with the devil type scenario) a good clue to this is on the character select screen the small portraits have flames as if they are burning/in hell

Wilson, by the way, you should post some sources on this information you've found, I've tried looking it up myself, but can't find anything that doesn't have anything to do with Maxwell's Demon (a physics theory).

nearly hundreds, i used "maxwell the demon from mythology"

He is the keeper of the door between heaven and hell, But before he can let you enter he will test you and watch until your undeniable demise then he shall cast judgment, Did you work with the land cultivate it let it become beautiful and only take what you need? OR Did your greed consume the wilderness you've been thrown into as you maul your way though the beasts and betray allies to further your survival? Choose wisely my friends Maxwell sees all and judges ALL