Frequent crashes on iPad mini 2

Jensvd

Frequent crashes make it difficult to play Don't Starve on my iPad mini 2. This appears to occur at random times, but seems to be correlated with running around to the border of the portion that's visible on the screen. The game crashes every 2-3 in-game days which make it very hard to play. My workaround is often saving and quitting, but I'm not sure if I can continue playing like that - continuously losing part of your progress is highly annoying in the first place.

Is this a known issue - something that's been currently looked into?

I have the same problem (iPad Air A1474). In my case it crashes during the autosave but also randomly during gameplay or when I try to save the game myself and quit (that's how I tried to avoid losing my progress, but it does not seem to work either). I have already tried everything that we are advised to do in the troubleshooting instructions (restart iPad, quit other applications etc.). That's a very good game but this bug makes it unplayable.

Archived