[Gameplay] - Another Case of "A Guard shot my agent without giving me chance!" bug

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Platform: PC

Issue Title: Another Case of "A Guard shot my agent without giving me chance!" bug

Issue Description: Some actions can make a guard in hunting mode shoot your agent without warning(Overwatch mode).

Steps to Reproduce: 1. Place 2 agents, 1 guard, door, cover like this:(D: Door, C: Cover, A: Agent, G: Guard, -: empty)

- - - - - - - - - A

- - - - AD- - - - -

G - - - C C - - - -

So, if an agent next to the door opens the door, another agent will be visible to the guard and thereby a guard will enter overwatch mode.(Don't open the door yet)

2. Instead of opening the door, move the agent next to the door within the guard's sight range, opening the door. Like this:

Before moving:

- - - - - - - - - A

- - - - AD- - - - -

G - - - C C - - - -

After moving:

- - - - - - - - - A

- - - - -D- A - - -

G - - - C C - - - -

3. When you issue that command, that guard will enter overwatch mode because of another agent - but the agent you've issued an order will keep moving, so he will be shot.

p.s. I don't remember this situation exactly, so 1-2 tiles might be wrong. However, if you meet all these conditions(Another agent visible after opening the door, commanded agent moves inside that guard's warning area), you'll not get a chance before your agent is shot.

I think that's just too bad. it's not really a bug, that's Overwatch working as intended and you just needed to think of this possibility before making your move. It's not too hard to spot either, noticing that the guard has vision of the door should have tipped you off. Or alternatively you should be in the habit of opening doors first before running through them.

I think that's just too bad. it's not really a bug, that's Overwatch working as intended and you just needed to think of this possibility before making your move. It's not too hard to spot either, noticing that the guard has vision of the door should have tipped you off. Or alternatively you should be in the habit of opening doors first before running through them.

I mean, that guard shooting my agent is completely okay - I think the game should have paused my move after opening the door.

You know, if you try to pass through guard's warning area then the agent's move stops right after he steps inside warning area.

Hmm I suppose that's fair.

This sort of stems from the problem that the game allows you to run through a closed door in 1 action which is a little misleading; the "open door" and "step through" aren't done at the same time which has gotten me caught once before when I thought otherwise. If the game didn't allow you to do this then none of this would be a problem but at the same time I know I'd be annoyed having to manually open doors non-stop when I know for sure there's no guard in the next room.

Archived