Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

krwawyxd12

"Error During Initialization"

krwawyxd12    0

Bug Submission

Please choose a category

Crash

Platform

• Steam

Do you use mods?

no
Version Number

Newest

Issue title

"Error During Initialization"

Steps to reproduce

I opened don't starve

Describe your issue

Hi, my problem is when I start Don't Starve i see "Error During Initialization". I tried everything ;c. Help pls.

JanH    6,399

According to the logs, your graphics card is not able to render the game at the current resolution. You'll have to download the latest drivers for your AMD graphics card. 

Also, please provide us your "settings.ini" file - you will find it in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\settings.ini

JanH    6,399
We've modified your settings.ini with more commonly supported resolutions and this will allow your graphics card to run the game. I've included the modified settings.ini file below for your use.

NOTE: Before downloading the modified settings.ini file, please go into your Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve folder and delete your current settings.ini.

Then download the file below and save it in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve; then launch Don't Starve.

JanH    6,399

Alright, there is one more step we can do. I have re-modified the settings.ini file for you. Please download the file below and save it in your Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve folder - then launch the game.

settings.ini