So... How did you die?

I died on my 31st day in a battle between two Tree Guards, my 10 pig army which half turned to werepigs, a spider queen and 6 tier 3 spider nests. I was on my way back from the pig village and the little pig huts nearby with my new recruits and decided to get some wood for a fire as it was just about evening. the pigs decided to go a little further and chop down the rest of the small forest, spawning two Tree Guards. While my pigs fought the Tree Guards, I built a fire as it turned to dusk and suddenly I noticed a TON of spiders coming in my direction. I helped out my pigs a bit and 2 remained. BOTH turned to werepigs so I had to kill them, and by the time i had finished with them my football helmet was destroyed and my logsuit was on low. The spiders arrived, i killed maybe 3/4 of them when my tentacle spike and logsuit broke. They quickly finished me off... I was annoyed too because I JUST finished making my camp self sufficient. 20 berry bushes, 75 patches of grass, 100 or so saplings, 5 bee houses, 4 spider nests (got the eggs and moved them for meat), 5 crock pots, 8 turbo far patches and my camp overlapped a beefalo field. I had just built a few tents so i could switch to wilson for my first meat effigy and 4 pig houses for my body guards. I'll be taking a break from this game now lol.

My most recent death was due to me not catching on that when there's a lot of items randomly laying about in a swamp I should probably assume there's a tentacle or 4 there.My first death was eating cooked monster meat.

Well, I'm on day 250ish at this point, and i've died around 6 times getting them. Thanks devs for amulets and effigies! Previous saves saw many deaths to hounds and bees and pigs, etc etc, before finally getting the hang of things.

Anyways, some of the more memorable deaths: tame 5 pigs on the way to spider farming. Make a fire, yada yada... suddenly they turn into werepigs. I had a flute. I was to surprised to use it, and by the time i remembered I was already doing circles around the campfire.

Another time, I had 3 pigs killing a tentacle. One pig goes down, and I think "Hey, I should grab this meat before the pigs eat it!" Turns out... tentacles hate people casually strolling by more than pigmen that are hitting it.

A really funny (read: stupid) death was when I was standing in the camp next to my campfire. Grass biome, so no fireflies were around. Anyways, I was looking at something in a chest in the evening, when it starts going to night. I think, hey, no problem, I have wood. I grab the wood, and as i'm trying to click the campfire..... it goes completely dark. As it turns out, after this happens, there's no way to start that fire. Of course, I had no grass to start a real fire, or even a torch. I had lots of honey and armor I equipped... but it wasn't enough. Ten Grue hits later, I had died.

Edited by Kraizee

The last true death I suffered because I built a fire to spend the night in a spider infested swamp only to have one of the little vermin come too close. I found out the hard way that spiders lose their fear of the light when stabbed.I have suffered an uber-death, day 35~ and I tried to get Wilson to enjoy a hearty meal at the exact same time the game was trying to save, crashed the game, crashed steam and royally screwed the save file.

I'm seeing a pattern here.. People are least expecting were-pigs, spiders, and tentacles.. Some people are far too confident, taking risks by trying to survive the night without a camp fire.. Accidents from attacking neutral mobs, or eating poisonous products.. PS. I'm still laughingpost-6300-13764590070231_thumb.jpg

my most recent death was on my 64th night, for me it was a hound night, but the day before i was cutting down trees near a spiders nest and with 1 hour of full light left it turned into a queen at started attacking me, i was able to evade it till day so it was easier to take on, but then two hounds and a fire hound come running at me...... i died in an instant

I was looking at this thread, and decided to go do some dangerous things. I went to go find a tentacle, but it was so far away I got lazy and decided to go back. Just happened to come across a Tallbird attacking the spider queen. I ran away, and they chased me. When I had lost/killed some I had to also kill another Tallbird. I ate up on my seeds and went around, but a pack of spiders found me at dusk. It just so happened that I didn't notice my Log Suit breaking, and Abigail appeared and killed me.

The hounds came when I wasn't prepared and chewed my face off. I respawned at my effigy, and went back to pick up my things, hoping the hounds had gotten distracted by something else. They had; I was greeted by several hound corpses and five spider queens. They were slow enough to allow me to collect most of my things, and I began to fight using fire darts...I didn't burn to death, but neither did they, and it was only a matter of time before I was cornered against the ocean. I didn't last too long, but damn it, I went out in style.

The last time I died was on day 4 :p. I was just minding my own business walking through a small rocky area when suddenly three tallbirds charged at me from all sides. I tried to fight them, and I managed to kill two then the last one sneaked up on me.I had been delaying making a logsuit as I didn't see it as necessary so early on, now I realise how foolish I was. I survived to day 42 on my first play through and then died on day 7, then 4, then 7 again, then 4 again :/.P.S. Hi everyone, this is my first post on these forums. I have owned Don't Starve for a few weeks, and have long been a lurker on these forums, but I decided it was time to finally join in.

I was doing a research on pigs for a wiki and hit one, then all the villages started chasing me and eventually, I don't know how one of them managed to hit me and due to the stun, all of them killed me. I did have meat effigys but, I saved and quit before I resurected and died completely (this was prior to the long live the queen update).

Earlier today, in a moment of recklessness, I decided to go after Mommy Spider. Just me and my tentacle spike. I attacked, and then ran with the intention of luring Mommy Spider into the nearest community of Tallbirds, hoping to spark a fight between them. But it took an eternity of running around in circles! Just as they started to fight, night fell, and the Hounds came. Let's just say I died in the epic 3-way battle very horribly and very suddenly. I don't even know who delivered the killing blow. :-D

Interesting story there:After I died by sudden tentacles (always watch your surrounding when fishing) I respawned at my only meat effigy and was going to recollect my things.Since I had pig friends they ate most of my meat. Night was starting to rise and I made a quick camp. All my pigs died, only one brave soul survived the sudden hentai tentacle attack. As my camp was set up I was like "Hey look at that moon"... since it was only one pig though, that wasn't too hard. I then thought full moon only stays for one night.I started hearing the hound noises - which always creep me out - and hurried to the next pig village to find help and eventually to bribe some pigs with meat to follow me. Night fell. Hounds came. Didn't pay attention to the moon. Instead of helping me, the pigs helped the hounds to tear my limbs off and ate me. :/

How my poor Willow died, i was fighting a tallbird then armor broke i didnt have a reserved one so i ran but my health as really low. I ran across the bridge but there was one hellhound stuck on the bridge but got loose as i was passing by and bit me once and i died. If only that tallbird stopped chasing me i could have survived.

After the naughty and nice update i was so happy that i could get small birds that i spent all of my time trying to raise an army, i was so preoccupied with this that i forgot to farm thinking that i had all the food i needed in chests. After going through all my food the hunger got me. I spent my last moments frantically searching my nearby chests for any source of food.

I havent read all the comments, but its funny that you're the first one to actually have starved to death in a game called Don't Starve, where everyone else dies from "monsters". Sorry that you died, but it made me chuckle.