The Three Amigos

Confession: I've never played as Woodie before. Ever.

That said, Maxwell is my favorite DS character, and I've been running the mod to get him into DST but I've noticed his shadows don't play well. Really looking forward to the official version. Also, is it ever confirmed to be Charlie?

If you play as Maxwell you ought to know that he says "Charlie, it's me, Maxwell!" Before she attacks in the dark.

I may be misquoting slightly but that's almost word for word what he says. He mentions Charlie's name specifically. Which is why it was such a thing when we found out who Charlie really was. And why it was so sad :(

Edit: you know if you were diligent and careful it's possible you would have never heard maxwell's stuck in the dark line. My apologies.

Yeah, but just because Maxwell thinks it's Charlie, doesn't mean it absolutely necessarily is. I feel like that's a stretch for some reason.

It has been confirmed that Charlie is the Grue. I don't have the particular link for the confession, but it has been revealed in a long done puzzle, and ever since the devs started calling out the night monster as "Charlie" on their streams.

Yeah, but just because Maxwell thinks it's Charlie, doesn't mean it absolutely necessarily is. I feel like that's a stretch for some reason.

There are lots of clues supporting it.

He says "I'm so sorry Charlie" when examining the book

He says "It's almost time for Charlie to wake up" during dusk (instead of the usual, "It's almost getting dark, I must start a fire" by other chars)

Plus what Dipps said.

Well but you have to take into account that the other devs are not Kevins.

If we took everything a dev says as fact then Webber would be a boy eaten by a frog, swallowed by an umbrella, attached by a cyborg, and incorporated by a spider. BUT WE KNOW THE TRUTH THO.

Maybe Maxwell is in a coma and IT'S ALL A DREAM.

Well but you have to take into account that the other devs are not Kevins.

If we took everything a dev says as fact then Webber would be a boy eaten by a frog, swallowed by an umbrella, attached by a cyborg, and incorporated by a spider. BUT WE KNOW THE TRUTH THO.

Maybe Maxwell is in a coma and IT'S ALL A DREAM.

No. You stop that right now. None of this super Mario 2 crap.

For anyone that didn't hear I'll list the changes to Woodie that were mentioned (None of this is set in stone, this is just what was said in the last stream, of course) 

• Woodie now has his Log Meter badge while in human form.
  • Woodie can now eat Wood based resources while in human form to increase the Log Meter. (The possible effects on other stats from eating Wood wasn't mentioned)
  • When the Log Meter runs out Woodie will transform into the Werebeaver.
  • While in Werebeaver form Woodie will lose sanity. (Implies that the Werebeaver shares Woodies health, hunger & sanity status?)
  • To transform back Woodie must increase his Log Meter. (To 100 or 1, I don't believe a specific amount of Wood consumption was mentioned) 
  • There was no mention of a change to how Woodie reacts to Full Moons. (To my knowledge) 

Keep in mind this is what I remember from a Stream I watched a few days ago. I'm 99.99999999999999% sure that this is what I heard but I may have forgotten something.

Interesting.. I just hope his health wont be affected if he take damage in werebeaver form..... but I dont mind the health/sanity/hunger loss at the end of the transformation.

Some changes I can see for Woodie:

1' Lucy can only be used by woodie (or picked up).

2' Woodie chop trees slower (or only when using Lucy - a small price for a no-durability axe) and no longer transform while chopping trees. (he gets the log meter instead..)

3' While in werebeaver Woodie gets only a small light around him (radius/power would be like willow lighter), maybe from the eyes as someone suggested in this thread.

Either you're a devoted follower of MarkL or him in disguise. Both are equally plausible.

On topic, if they're going to change the Shadow Puppets, I hope they're actually useful. Seriously. In SP I practically never use them because they're not worth it. They spend more time trying not to run into me than they do helping.

Either you're a devoted follower of MarkL or him in disguise. Both are equally plausible.

On topic, if they're going to change the Shadow Puppets, I hope they're actually useful. Seriously. In SP I practically never use them because they're not worth it. They spend more time trying not to run into me than they do helping.

WE are MarkL. Mark isn't a person, it's a hivemind.

The Shadow Puppets used to be good when they were first added but then got nerfed pretty hard. They used to cost only 1 nightmare fuel, less health, and you could have 5 of them out at once. This meant Maxwell could spawn 4 of them at the start of a new world since he started with 4 nightmare fuel. Now he can only spawn 2 at once at the start, up to only 3.

That being said, it's been said Maxwell isn't in the game yet because they don't actually know what to do with him. The shadows are one problem, but then he also starts out the strongest sword in the game, and armor that makes his health penalty irrelevant and soak up more damage than most players until it breaks.

Personally, I think they should scrap the dark sword and night armor (or nerf it into a different form), and then re-work Codex Umbra to do more things. That book supposedly contains all sorts of forbidden magic, Maxwell would likely have more stuff in there than a spell that fragments his mind.

His sanity isn't that big of a deal honestly, it's always been Maxwell's big perk that persists for as long as you play him. It would be cool if he had his own sanity aura I think so other players can leech off of him.

I honestly think Maxwell should have a bit more health, especially if they nerf his starting gear/sanity gain. 

Shadow puppets really don't feel like they'll come into play in multiplayer where you already have the edge of other people to gather resources and fight. A few frail puppets aren't going to help a whole lot more. 

I think maxwell was only given starting weapons as a sort of reward for beating adventure mode. But in the presumptus puzzle we saw maxwell's rose, maybe he'll use that as a special starting item? They should just give him the nightmare fuel and codex umbra, as well as the ability to craft shadowy magic stuff from the start.

I think maxwell was only given starting weapons as a sort of reward for beating adventure mode. But in the presumptus puzzle we saw maxwell's rose, maybe he'll use that as a special starting item? They should just give him the nightmare fuel and codex umbra, as well as the ability to craft shadowy magic stuff from the start.

I had assumed that was Charlie's rose, but if it is actually Maxwell's that might explain why it's absent from this

Archived