Sign in to follow this  
CaptKnuckles

Ideas for Some Musical Items

mobius187    30

I thought of some items that would be cool in this game. First are instruments (note that you wouldn't be able to use them); a drum, a tuba, a banjo, a fiddle, and a thick tail hair (from the ox things), you would give them to your pig friends, and you guys could make some sweet tunage together, and when you give an instrument to them they don't attack anymore, instead they just follow you around and play music (like a theme song), and the more you have, the better the music comes together.

Not sure how this fits into the idea of survival, but it sure sounds interesting. Yes, that was a pun. :)

And second: a record (could be multiple different records/songs), a brass horn, and a record player. The record and brass horn would be dug up from a grave. To build the record player, you would need the horn, a board, 2 logs, a stick (for the part that is hugged by the center of the record), and a flint. The record player would be to listen to some more music (like different songs)

A Victorian gramaphone and records were discussed before, however I'm not sure if finding records would be too... Minecraft. It was also suggested that instead of a gramaphone and records, it could either be a phonograph and wax phonograph cylinders or a music box with various brass cylinders of music. The general idea was that playing music restored sanity, however it also attracted monsters.

CaptKnuckles    10
:p that was punnyalso music boxes should hurt you, because whenever i use them, i get the urge to touch the little doo-dads on the cylinder, and every time i touch them, they stab my finger by crushing it into the metal brush thingy