Sign in to follow this  
thunderstar100

How to heal and how to farm and tree guards?

Hi everyone, I am low on health, and I'm pretty sure that eating food gives you health, but what if I am full with hunger, 100 percent, and if I eat more, wont I faint or explode or something? How can I heal myself?

Also, I built the second farm, the one that takes 4 poop, how do I use it?

Lastly, I recently encountered a treeguard and it is sleeping now, if it somehow wakes up, will it kill me or will it wander around and help me kill bad monsters?

Please help, thanks!

Enchanter    15

I don't think you will explode if you eat too much, but that gave me a slight chuckle :)

You can heal from Honey, or if you have a Crock Pot you can put 2 Morsels and 2 Sticks to get Kebobs which heal about 40 health!

To use farms, you need to plant seeds in it. After a lot of use on a farm, you need to re-fertilize it with more poop.

If a treeguard goes to sleep, it will not kill you when it wakes up again and it will kill most bad guys for you.

BUT! If you chop a tree when the treeguard is close-by, he will get angry and try to kill you again. You can calm him down though by planting a few pine cones.

Hope this helped!

Ora    10

Some foods will restore health and hunger, while other foods will only resore hunger. As of now, there is no penalty in this game for over-eating. I regularly eat handful upon handful of toasted seeds when I am not hungry to regain health in emergencies. As for something that really specializes in healing, that would be honey. Honey restores one hunger point and I think like... fifty or so health points?

Now, to use a farm, all you have to do is drag an uncooked seed onto the farm and drop it. It should say "plant". When you plant the seed, you will have a brand new sprout. After a time, the sprout will grow into a plant and give you a crop. It does not require watering or anything like that, but after extended use it will require fertilizing which is as easy as finding some manure and dropping it on the farm plot. The game will let you know when your farm is in need of fertilization by having your character say something along the lines of "I think it needs fertilizing." when you examine the farm and of course the inability to plant a seed in an unfertilized farm plot. The plot that you built starts fertilized, so you don't need to fertilize it first to get started.

As for the sleeping treeguard, if you wake it up by either hitting it or cutting down too many trees without replanting, it will try to kill you. But if something else wakes it up by attacking it, like a hound for example, it will attack the hound and then wander around aimlessly. Now whether or not a sleeping treeguard can be attacked by something other than the player is beyond me. I only know this because once I had hounds and a treeguard attack me at the same time. The hounds and the treeguard ended up fighting. The treeguard won, and then did not come after me after the hounds were dead and proceeded to wander around without any particular direction. I then killed it. I would personally recommend finding a way to kill your treeguard.

Edited by Ora

Someguy123    10

An easy way to kill the treeguard is to surround it with trees, and then over-charge a campfire, or light a tree with a torch. It'll burn the treeguard. If he doesn't wake up and die after burning him, just hit him a few times with a spear or tentacle and he'll die easily.

As for healing: There's no penalty for overeating. If you really need specialized healing: Pumpkins and carrots heal only hunger, and honey heals only health (and a lot of it), so if your hunger/health is full and you only need to heal one or the other, you can use those foods for that.

Other than that, meats and seeds give you both health and hunger.

Anyway, don't be afraid of fainting or overeating, it's not possible... yet... the most that can happen is you waste a few hunger points, i.e. if you're at 90 hunger and you eat an carrot, it'll take you to 100 hunger, and you'll have "wasted" the extra 5 hunger points it could've given you, as it usually feeds ~15.