The Gloom Beacons

Dannyrulx

Wilbur wakes up and turns to a figure slowly approaching the group. He stood up from the ground and backed away.

"Who are you and what is your name?" He questions.

Wilbur picks up Chester and stands there staring at the figure.

(Screw it, time for rock-ex-machina.)

Meanwhile, in an entirely different section of the cave, a small disturbance occured. It was small and very centralized, but it was enough to dislodge a small stalactite that hit Sharp in the head, "waking him up." In a sense. Technically all it did was dislodge a small birds nest that was until then rresting in his lungs, but it had the same effect. Slowly propping himself up and taking in the view, he realized that he had no idea where he was and what he was looking at. A... large marble... bunker? With plants. Big plants. Sharp, on his feet now, began to look around. The area around him was illuminated by a large hole in the ceiling, yellowed slightly by burning plants, similar in appearance to the ones surrounding him inside. And in the darkness... wait, his infared was broken. Crap, right, Incognita. The damned robot must've scrapped him and sent him here when he ran out of valuable parts. Damage report time. Scanning his body both literally and figuratively, he eventually slowed to a stop when he came to his left arm.

Throughout the entire first level of the cave, the sound of a dial tone mixed with a 40-year-old man's screams was clearly audible.

(Was that forced? That felt forced.)

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

"I got eels!" Mina suddenly called out cheerfully, jogging into the light of the fire pit before plopping down about six freshly caught and killed eels and a nearly dead torch.

She had apparently separated from the group at some point and no one had noticed. Now her hand had quite a few cuts on them, but she didn't even seem to notice.

"I've never tried eel, but it's gotta be better than air biscuts. Say, did anyone else hear a computer scream?"

(I think we should describe how our characters look, just so we can have an accurate mental image of them.)

(Good idea Mina) 

Wilbur was an elderly man where he comes from. 30 is quite old on his planet, and his hairs were graying out slowly. He wore this white headband to keep his hair from falling over his face, so the top of his hair sort of gathered at the top while the rest of the hair flowed at the down to the center of his back. He had a small mustache on his face with slightly bushy eyebrows. He never opened his eyes because he thought it'd be odd to walk around with his eyes wide open and not have an explanation for not seeing things. His blue robe had two small pockets on them. He wore sandals, but they were hidden away under his robe.

Mina stands a little bit taller than most with long legs. She has a greasy mess of short, curly, orangey-red hair and bright green eyes. Her skin has a bit of a tan to it from spending the majority of her time outdoors and in the sun. The clothes she wears are dirty and worn, ripped and torn in a lot of places. Her clothes are varying degrees of age and size, as her denim jacket is a bit too large and she has to roll up the sleeves, her plain green shirt is a little too small, her pants are a tad too short in the legs, and her black fingerless gloves look rather newish and fit quite well. The most peculiar feature of her appearance, however, is an abnormal amount of distinctive scars covering her skin. Her face only has a few, but the rest of her skin has quite a lot of them. It's hard to tell as most of her skin is covered, but if she were to, say, take her jacket off, you could notice that the majority of her scars seem to form an almost runic pattern.

Edward is a young boy who likes geeky and nerdy stuff.He is somewhat short with his spike-like short hair.His shirt is all torn up with a few scratches here and there with his short jeans.He wears nice used to be white shoes that is dirty and dark now.He wears a nice pair of glasses.And he likes to wear backpack.He also have a watch,but somehow it has stopped since he was here a few hours ago.He has a little bit of blood on his forehead because he fell down here.

Edited by Derpime

Wilbur looks at Mina and sneers. 

"Eels? I don't really eat meat all that much," Wilbur says," I'll just eat the food I have in Chesterfield,"

Wilbur takes out some berries and other fruits.  He was going to start eating them when he heard something else. A scream.

"Did anyone else hear that?" He says, standing up shaking slightly.

A few seconds later, the sound of a dial-tone mixes in with it and makes it sound distorted. Wilbur, wanting to avoid danger(but mostly wanting to stay away from the noises) sits down and starts eating to put his mind on something else.

The screams began to get louder and the cave shakes a bit. Wilbur covers his head and tries to think of something to keep his mind off the terror surrounding him. The shaking ground didn't make it easy, however, and he started shaking in fright. It felt like the cave would collapse under that tremor. Whatever was making that noise, it was big and not far from where they were. The thought terrified Wilbur.

*Drop his crab-stick*

"Wait,Wibur,did you hear that?What is it?"......"NOOOOO!!!!"Edward screams

"My crab-stick......Well,at least i still have 2....WAIT!!Chester,did you eat 1???"Edward painfully continues...

"Arghhh...1 crab-stick,how will i have enough energy for the next day???" Edward says

But the sound,it is really loud and it gives some weird feelings.The cave looks absolutely solid,there is no way that it would collapsed.But something,somewhat is making the cave shaking.Rock bits is falling.Weird crystals are falling down.Whatever that thing is.It would be big and has a very big killing ability.

(Guys, I think Dannyrulx is dead...

Also, I highly doubt that Kidney's guys would still be screaming and that his screams would shake the cave.)

As Edward goes to cook his last crab though, he notices that the eels had been tossed on a fire and Mina was gone again, the remains of the torch she had still on the ground. Just when he noticed this and began to wonder where she was, almost as if on cue, Mina came jumping out of the darkness with a shout and landed face side down on the ground lit by the campfire. A hiss resonated from the darkness.

"Ok, lesson learned: listen to the old guy in a robe."

Wilbur turns to Mina and thinks about saying 'I told you so', but it wasn't really like him to do something like that. Shortly after, a hiss is heard and Wilbur flinches.

"No no nooo...." he mumbles under his breath, covering his head again.

"M-Mina? Did you have a torch? You really should not be taking risks like that," He says,"Are you hurt? If you are then let me know,"

"Erm... no, I didn't have a torch." Mina replies as she get's up and dusts herself off. "You told me there was a monster in there but you didn't tell me it was fast! I can outrun almost anything, but it was like this thing was everywhere!" She extends her arms out at a diagonal for emphasis, "Kind of impressive actually."

"I thing I felt-" she sniffed the air. "Ooo! I think the eels are done!" She grabs a stick and starts rolling the roasted eels off the flames, surprisingly cheerful and calm for someone who was apparently in a life or death situation. "Now to just let those cool of a bit... Now, what was I saying? Oh right! I think I felt it grab my leg, but I'm sure it's no biggy." Despite her apparent ignorance, however, there was a long claw mark down the length of her calf. It was somewhat shallow, but still bleeding.

"The only reason I did not say it was fast was because I have never seen it! I tend to stay away from noises like that so...." Wilbur says in defense.

"Erm...Mina...Something smells of copper. Are you bleeding?" Wilbur sniffs the air and sneers.

Wilbur looks around aimlessly before he realizes that Mina's leg was bleeding.

"Um. Mina. Can you not feel that injury? You should at least be wincing or something!" Wilbur frowns.

Wilbur thought a bit about why she never noticed it. Either it was something that only occurred recently or it's been the norm for quite some time now. Either way, he had to do something before she bleeds out or worse...she could di- 

Wilbur stops himself from thinking the last part of that word. He had to have some hope that they'll get out of here. But he had an issue to attend to right now.

"Hm? What injur- oh that one." Mina says as she looks over herself and finds the claw mark on her leg. "Nope! I have a ridiculously high pain tolerance. Pretty nifty, huh?" 

She plops down on the ground and grabs one of the cooked eels, tearing the head off and taking bites out of it. She somehow managed to both eat sloppily and not waste a single drop of food. "It's gets kinda bothersome though," she says, talking with her mouth full," I'm always burning my mouth on food that's too hot because I can't tell I'm getting burned at first. It just feels funny when I take the next bite."

Wilbur begins to fidget.

"High pain tolerance may seem like a blessing, but it can be quite dangerous. For instance, serious injuries may go overlooked and the like...A-Anyway, let me help you out,"

Like last time, Wilbur's hands glow a deep blue color. He lightly puts his hand over the wound and within seconds, it begins to heal itself. What was different this time though, is that after the treatment was done, Wilbur grasps his head in pain. It went away a short while after and Wilbur was back to his usual self.