Agents talking to Agents

Sharp and Banks at a cyberlab:

Banks: Alex, you're drooling.

Sharp: Am I? I hadn't noticed, also don't call me by my meat name.

B: *eye rolls* Besides you know how I feel about augs.

S: You're seriously missing out--I think I'm gonna get that drooling thing looked at next time I go under the knife.

B: Under her breath That's not the only thing you need looking at you Scottish cyborg.

S: What did you call me?!

B: Nothing, let's get the hell out of here.

Or something

• Developer

Here's one of the Decker/Nika convos:

D: Do you think you could beat me in a fight? You know, hypothetically.

N: Easily. No question.

D: But I fight dirty. That’s gotta give me some advantage.

N: No, not enough of one.

D: But I fight dirty. That’s gotta give me some advantage.

N: No, not enough of one.

I enjoy reading these, thanks for sharing!

Personally Nika always struck me as a combat pragmatist who would have no compunction fighting dirty too, so no, Decker's not going to have much of an advantage there.

Just a random change.

D: But I fight dirty.

N: I fight sober.

Just a random change.

D: But I fight dirty.

N: I fight sober.

I want this one to go in.  :)

I saw this thread, and just had to make an account purely to ask in the most fanboying manner possible that Sharp's banter lines include a few Bender (Futurama) and Marvin the Paranoid Android (HHG2G) references. E.g.

Internationale:   Minimum casualties, team. These guards are just doing their jobs.

Sharp:  Sure.

Sharp:  Wait, you're serious? Excuse me, I just need to laugh even harder.

Internationale:  ...

Internationale:  These guards have families. Remember that.

Sharp:  Don't try to engage my sympathy, because I haven't got one.

Internationale:  Couldn't get a replacement on the grey market?

I have to say, I do love the banter that's come into the game now. Its just amazing. I'm just now wishing that the rest of the agents had banter as well, since it seems that only Decker and Xu are the only ones that get cross banter with other agents. I really did hope to see some arguing between Shalem and Internationale over keeping the mission non-violent as possible, or what other agents as well.

I got a conversation between Decker and Banks once.

I noticed that Decker and Xu can communicate between almost all (if not all) agents, but there aren't any dialogue pieces to take note of between the others. Though it could probably be modded in if the mechanic is better understood.

Ok, I double checked, and you are right, Decker and Xu are the only ones that can have conversations with others, but I'm sure there will be more in the future, and if not it shouldn't be that hard to mod. I've already had a look at the code.

(I also noticed that there are two dialouges with the id 15, maybe you should have a look at that Kevin)

Sweet, I'm glad y'all are hyped about this. I actually managed to get most of Decker done today, so maybe it won't take as long as I had originally feared.

Poor Decker. Nobody likes him. :(

Archive Decker is the best! He is fast, cool, and you will never see original Decker in detention centre again!

D: Check out that daemon on that safe.

X: See, that's the difference between us, I never check out daemon on safe.

I was wondering if we can dig out more about those KIA agents, three of them is working in HQ in that beginning video. Those surviver surely have some memory about them.

Also looking into contact between Sharp and Xu, they seems working together before based on Xu's document.

I would love Monst3r Dialoge (ofc also Central), especial between these both.

Monst3r: Its dangerouse to go alone (I love him saying this when you buy things. tumblr_static_1wuxzp2a89b4g4wo4k84g4sgc.), take this.

Decker: Yeah, I remember this.

M: Actually, I buyed this phrase from shopcat in a package, but I dont get what it means

D: Its good you dont know, a time consuming medium like this wouldnt be good for your job

M:...

XU: What would you think of selling my programs via your market.

M: I do not know hat to say

Xu: Yeah, it seems like HK doesnt have more good ideas.

Maybe I just keep picking the wrong agents, but nobody I've chosen since the update has had any sort of banter w/ anyone else.

: /

Perhaps it's because I don't take Decker or Shalem?  

Currently only Decker and Xu can have conversations with others. You also won't get a conversation every time, only roughly one in five (I think). However if you have one of those they will be able to have a conversation with anyone, even each other.

However I don't know if you can get one if you have three or more agents, can anyone confirm this?

Currently only Decker and Xu can have conversations with others. You also won't get a conversation every time, only roughly one in five (I think). However if you have one of those they will be able to have a conversation with anyone, even each other.

However I don't know if you can get one if you have three or more agents, can anyone confirm this?

Hrm, this may have something to do w/ it, as I do take Dr. Xu, but not usually until my 3rd or 4th agent.

He hasn't talked to anyone else yet, but if it's only a rare thing then that may explain why I haven't seen it.

Hmmm. The strings.lua and cross_scripts.lua resorts all the conversations into Sharp-format. A script would be useful for modding in additional material, which would converts between the .lua and a human-readable form.

I love the conversations, they really breathe so much more life back into the gameplay. Nika is so mean to both Xu and Decker, lol.

One thing: I think consistently keeping the dialogue boxes on the left would make it easier to follow the conversation. Right now alternating left-right-left like it currently makes it very easy to miss the other agent's response to the the first dialogue box on the left.

My Xu finally stopped being anti-social and made a snarky quip toward Archive Banks before I kicked her off my team!  Huzzah!

I'm not quite sure how snarky it was, as I missed the opening remarks by Banks.  : /

Xu apparently does not like to talk to Prism, though.  Or maybe she just thinks he's a nerd.

This might go unnoticed. But I hope they really improve Xu to be more of a respectable person in the team. I understand that, yeah, a funny interesting group dynamic keeps things quirky and team like. It's kind of like the worldbuilding Marvel did with the Avengers - you can really see how Tony Stark loves giving Captain America **** in the first movie.

However, as an asian american male, I am getting sick of the stereotypical asian EFFEMINATE nerd that seems to be a robot that just ... "does ****". The snippet he had with Decker about boxing...like...why? It's like he's being stuck with the same physically weak only able to do math type of bullshit. I stopped watching Hollywood movies and started watching KDramas simply because I cannot continue consuming all the anti-asian male propaganda of the "perpetual foreigner", math geek, asexual socially awkward numbnut that is always the butt of jokes like Ken Jeong. And yes yes I have heard everyone's counters like "you guys don't have it that bad...look at african americans" or "I have an asian friend that doesn't care" or "it's just a joke relax" (<-- this is the worst because it tries dismissing the issue and tries putting me in a position where I come off as a killjoy..a Donald Trump certified tactic), but UGH it really triggers me to see people so absent mindedly slipping in stuff like this in every facet of american media. It DOES have an effect, Klei, it DOES take part in the socially engineering aspect of society to make asian men the "eunuchs" of the west. Disclaimer: That all being said, I am a 6 foot tall asian male that has a regular social life. However, the reason why I say this is because the first thing that comes to people's mind is "you're just a bitter angry asian dude that can't get any, etc etc" and it's sad that I have to juxtapose this disclaimer in there. It speaks volumes on how the reality really is because of this.

I'm not trying to be all social justice-y, but God help me if there is at some point some asian character I can RESPECT in western media that expands beyond his credentials. Sure, Xu is a professor, we all know he's ******* smart, but I only wish he's more than that and not a social jester that's always the butt of condescending remarks and jokes.

He isn't actually any worse at fighting than any of the other agents (except Nika), though, so AFAICT it's just the other agents being dicks to him. Monst3r is the one who deserves the ridicule, because he boasts about having a personal income higher than a small country's GDP, but still goes coupon-clipping at the nanofabs.

Archived