hmmm, I thought that if I add path "stuff/*.png", for example, that will do the job, I'll test it again then) 

Yeah, I trying to add new ones, without replacements:

at agentdefs.lua I trying to make

team_select_img = { "drpedler/team_select_1_pedler.png", } 

work.

Main.lua had 

KLEIResourceMgr.MountPackage( "drpedler.kwad", "data" )

and log shows that drpedler.kwad loaded successfully, but still nothing.

My problem is solved by using default paths!! :yaypigs:

MadDoctor5813 YOU SAVE MY DAY NIGHT!

post-448854-0-91199800-1433524334_thumb.

That's not really cool (I mean that's not that I was expect from picture) but it's more than nothing.

And shows that channel swapping not intended (I thought that maybe, for some reason).

Looks thrashy, but maybe there could be Cold-Fusion Pedler too then (and it makes my suffering with augment/item decision easier).

no, you need to "build" kanim by yorself :razz:

my temp version for now is:

kanim_cyborg_engineer ={wireframe ={--"data/anims/characters/agents/overlay_agent_sharp.abld",},build = { "data/anims/characters/agents/engineer.abld","data/anims/characters/anims_male/shared_hits_01.abld", "data/anims/characters/anims_male/shared_attacks_a_01.abld",   },grp_build = {"data/anims/characters/agents/engineer.abld",},grp_anims = commonanims.male.grp_anims,anims = commonanims.male.default_anims_unarmed,anims_1h = util.tconcat({"data/anims/characters/anims_male/shared_basic_b_01.adef"},commonanims.male.anims_1h,commonanims.male.anims,commonanims.male.attacks_1h,commonanims.male.tech,{"data/anims/characters/anims_male/tech_basic_a_03.adef"}),anims_2h = commonanims.male.default_anims_2h,animMap = AGENT_ANIMS,symbol = "character",anim = "idle",shouldFlip = true,scale = 0.25,layer = Layer.Unit,boundType = BoundType.Character,boundTypeOverrides = { {anim="idle_ko" ,boundType= BoundType.CharacterFloor},{anim="dead" ,boundType= BoundType.CharacterFloor},}, peekBranchSet = 1, },

I didn't use wireframes at all (but Tony's could be better that Sharp's, if you need it, it's not time for this small things yet, maybe it's ok to create new one later, dunno)  

it's a mix of Tony's and Sharp's anims, yes.

Two of three (or four, If dreaming about huge splash screen for campaign generation) wanted pics for now:

post-448854-0-29885000-1433542971.png post-448854-0-73080300-1433543002.png

@MadDoctor5813, did you tried to transform .abld and .adef files to .xml? Those especially interesting in question of possible Internationale scarf for animated portrait (and archive recolours).

I'll go Andy Warhole then

post-448854-0-75405400-1433545706.pngpost-448854-0-98419500-1433545719.pngpost-448854-0-54107000-1433545740.png

post-448854-0-47855900-1433545777.pngpost-448854-0-64669300-1433545793.pngpost-448854-0-83680200-1433546564.png

post-448854-0-93336900-1433545804.pngpost-448854-0-26954800-1433546397.pngpost-448854-0-09331900-1433547209.png

Maybe toothless variant could be fun for an new character (there was ideas about Incognita as agent for example)

also release candidate for now:

post-448854-0-23891600-1433551211.png
I agree, I should go with it to some other thread already >_<

I tried this today and I have the same problem as sonicgarbage. It seems that the program thinks that a file it is trying to access is being used by another program, but I tried closing everything before running the program and it didn't help.

@Cyberboy2000 and @sonicgarbage, I believe the problem lies in a multithreading issue, where the program will basically compete with itself for a file. I haven't had much time to work on it the last week, and I guess to you it seems like I just gave up, but I am working on it. Slowly.

Good to hear you are still working on it.

That was what I thought aswell. I'm not an expert programmer, the only language I know is GML, but that's the way it seemed to me.

I have a question. When I have edited a file, how to I repack it into a .kwad? I see a few people have already done it, but I'm not quite sure I understand how to do it.

There is a tool, 3 or 4 pages back in the thread called builder. Now, there are two versions, the 32 bit and the 64 bit. The 32 bit version I was told didn't actually work all that well, though I'm not sure who's using it so I can't ask them. If you're planning to replace a file with your own, you can just pack it into its own file, and put it in the game folder. Then load it in the main.lua, and it will overwrite the games version, if it is loaded after the original one. There is a gotcha: When you download the builder, it comes with a directory called stuff, to put the files in. However, it will be included in the path when the .kwad is built. You have to rename the folder to suit the path, and change the enclosed lua file to use that folder instead. For example: if the path to the original was GUI/images/button.png, then you'd have to rename stuff/ to GUI/, and make the lua file load GUI/ instead of stuff/. If you need any more help, just ask.

My idea for those icons was to replace them all with Matt Damon's face. Get it?

In more important news, I believe our next step towards full modding after the extractor would be something akin to MinecraftForge, which would hook into the game's lua, and allow us to poke at its internals, and add new agents and items and such without directly modifying scripts.zip, which I feel is just asking for conflicts, at least after more than two mods have been built. Hopefully, because lua is more open than conventional game programming languages, it will be less complicated than it otherwise could have been. Or, I could be completely overcomplicating the modding scene for this game. Thoughts?

I'm now working on .adef files, and I've run into a bit of problem that I hope that @Strelock could help me with, as he made the full .kwad specification. I think I have a handle on how to convert everything save the frames dimensions. Each frame in the animation.xml specifies a width, height, x, and a y, and I can't seem to find these anywhere in the format. Would you have any insights on how to get them?

I'm now working on .adef files, and I've run into a bit of problem that I hope that @Strelock could help me with, as he made the full .kwad specification. I think I have a handle on how to convert everything save the frames dimensions. Each frame in the animation.xml specifies a width, height, x, and a y, and I can't seem to find these anywhere in the format. Would you have any insights on how to get them?

Frame's "w", "h", "x" and "y" is not present in the KWAD. Packaging two "anim" files with different attributes for animation.xml "frame" element produces the same KWAD (at least with the current build configuration and example anim file. There is still some logic in the builder that checks for existence of those attributes and some combination of values will produce an error).

Just a reminder that those files are intermediate KLEI files. The production pipeline is probably like this:

Adobe Flash project files (.fla) -> (converter) -> Intermediate KLEI files (.anim) -> (packager/converter) -> KWAD

Archived