Items that SHOULD be in Don't Starve Together

Whenever I play Don't Starve I realize that some items need to be in the game. 

Within this post leave suggestions on what the game should have. Include the problem and stats if possible.

Klei please read this topic...

A blowgun dropped by MacTusk.

I know that the game already has blow darts however, I never understood the reason to make a new barrel (out of two cut reeds) every time to fire a dart. Of course the blowgun will have durability otherwise it would be kinda OP. 

Here are some stats for the item:

%25 drop chance from MacTusk

Uses %5 durability per shot

Does 75 damage. 

Uses any dart as ammo

And can fire stingers.

20 stingers fired, 1500 damage total, not crafted, drop. Like a single target old bell and a half.

Given how much health everything has and how much stingers are useless, maybe this blowgun would be nice?

An item or building similar in effect to a lighthouse for ships. Marks the location of where it is built on the map for new joining players, even if it is in unexplored fog of war.

(IMO the mod Global Positions should just be implemented into the base game, with an option to turn it off (e.g. for PvP))

Other Essentials:

• A way to repair Armour just like how Sewing Kit repairs insulated clothing? Or perhaps too OP?
  • A portable fire extinguisher. Left on the ground, Activates once a fire is detected nearby, then disappears after use. Can be turned off. (Or can be hand-held?)
  • Some kind of reusable Magic item that does AoE damage (like an Arcane Staff), so that access to AoE is not only restricted to Wendy/Abigail. 
  • Walls that actually cost the amount they are worth. Right now they tend to be more of an aesthetics item, usually built in late-game when your food situation has been stabilized. Usually can't get good enough returns for them when built early because they cost too much.
  • A target dummy that acts as a decoy absorbing attention from for you so you can manage large hordes of attackers more easily. (kind of like what Chester does accidentally)
  • A weapon specifically designed to target shadow creatures and cannot be used to attack any other creatures?

Thought of other stuff but not essentials.
Some more fancy ideas unrelated to OP's topic:

• More ways to craft and customize your base (outside of just walls and turfs), and a way for your base design to actually have a impact on its effectiveness. The Ice Flingomatic was an interesting idea, it does certainly change the shape of the base you are required to have, and puts restrictions on the people who like crafting fancy bases.
  • More craftable decorations also be a welcome. Perhaps a Watchtower that lets you climb up to see further out into the map. Or buildable statues that's there to look good (and maybe regen a tiny bit of sanity)
  • A Jukebox that plays different preset music to all players nearby.
  • Also would not mind another economical way to deal damage to creatures that is NOT boring old melee. Like bow and arrow. But you would need to rebalance enemy creatures to be fiercer with more abilities that close in on the player faster. The combat atm is hardly exciting. 

Another possible item that they could add (as the caves update is soon) is a mine able cave or a quarry system to dig out a cave near you instead of searching for one. It will be craft-able at the Alchemy Engine and it requires, 2 electric dooddads, 5 rope and a golden shovel. This is not the best suggestion to be able to mine towards caves but it's only a idea.

dig out a cave near you instead of searching for one

Unless you can have multiple sinkholes leading to the same cave world (which I doubt, unless Klei is planning to make the overworld and the caves world interact in more meaningful ways), this is terrible. You can't give players the ability to generate new worlds infinitely.

Anyone could go and craft tons of sinkholes, enter and exit them, and put unnecessary strain in the hosting computer.

I still think that Anti-Ghost/Ghost calling turf/totem that was discussed in an older thread some time back would still be pretty useful.

THIS WOULD BE SO COOL.

And useful.

I'd love it both from a story standpoint and gameplay.

also when I saw your name here I totally thought you'd be suggesting potato cup. 

The ability to make drinks, like hot chocolate which would purely get your warmth up in winter and maybe give you a bit of sanity, or like a cold drink (maybe a milkshake) to cool you down in summer and also sanity. I think that would be super cool. It would maybe need a new device (like a mixer or a blender or whatever). Just a thought...

Anyone could go and craft tons of sinkholes,

I guess that could be exploited however there can be a option to cap the amount of sinkholes, so it could be like 1 sinkhole per person or maybe when someone digs a sinkhole it replaces one randomly on the map. And it will lead to the same cave.

The ability to make drinks, like hot chocolate which would purely get your warmth up in winter and maybe give you a bit of sanity, or like a cold drink (maybe a milkshake) to cool you down in summer and also sanity. I think that would be super cool. It would maybe need a new device (like a mixer or a blender or whatever). Just a thought...

This feature could be immensely useful, however the crock pot recipe needs to be balanced and just a thought  to be added:

50 Hunger

10 Sanity

1-5 Health?

And prevents freezing or overheating (depending on the drink)

I seriously just want a crossbow, or riding a dragonfly.

Any ideas on the crafting recipe for the crossbow? 

PS, riding a dragonfly seems to not relate to the point of don't starve and it sounds really op, however riding a beefalo sounds more realistic for the game.

riding a dragonfly seems to not relate to the point of don't starve

*cough cough* Through the Ages *cough cough* Mounts *cough cough*

Any ideas on the crafting recipe for the crossbow? 

I just got one.

10 Gold

6 Silk

5 Flint

Then the bolts are just 2 rocks and 1 flint.

This feature could be immensely useful, however the crock pot recipe needs to be balanced and just a thought  to be added:

50 Hunger

10 Sanity

1-5 Health?

And prevents freezing or overheating (depending on the drink)

If it does give you hunger then it should be slightly harder to make, cause then it would be made for purely food purposes. But it makes sense that you get up a fair bit of sanity cause after all it is very relaxing have a cup of hot chocolate on a cold night in winter. 

Maybe a turret, like the houndius shootius but weaker. Like a clockwork catapelt (spelled purposefully)? It could be made with 3 gears, 4 electrical doodads, and 6 cat tails. It would have to be fueled with logs and such and would do the same damage as a boomerang.

@Bonzi, Maybe they could explore seasonal foods/drinks? idk with the addition of Bernie my mind has been expanded to new heights of mechanical wonders so roll with me on this.

Say you can drink a Milkshake in Summer for 30 Hunger, 40 Sanity, 15 Health and lowers your temperature by 20 degrees.

HOWEVER, If you drink it in Autumn it gives you 30 Hunger, 15 Sanity, 5 Health and doesn't change your temperature.

Then during Winter it could be 30 Hunger, -20 Sanity, -10 Health and lowers your temperature by 20 degrees.

And finally Spring. 30 Hunger, -10 Sanity, 0 Health.

SEASONAL FOODS! There's a bunch of food you could already sort into this system. It's a lot more to remember.. But it seems fun. 

Maybe a turret, like the houndius shootius but weaker. Like a clockwork catapelt (spelled purposefully)? It could be made with 3 gears, 4 electrical doodads, and 6 cat tails. It would have to be fueled with logs and such and would do the same damage as a boomerang.

Shut up and take my money!

@Bonzi, Maybe they could explore seasonal foods/drinks? idk with the addition of Bernie my mind has been expanded to new heights of mechanical wonders so roll with me on this.

Say you can drink a Milkshake in Summer for 30 Hunger, 40 Sanity, 15 Health and lowers your temperature by 20 degrees.

HOWEVER, If you drink it in Autumn it gives you 30 Hunger, 15 Sanity, 5 Health and doesn't change your temperature.

Then during Winter it could be 30 Hunger, -20 Sanity, -10 Health and lowers your temperature by 20 degrees.

And finally Spring. 30 Hunger, -10 Sanity, 0 Health.

SEASONAL FOODS! There's a bunch of food you could already sort into this system. It's a lot more to remember.. But it seems fun. 

That could be really good actually, but obviously a much wider range of drinks (and maybe foods(maybe not actually)) But after all its just an idea i had and i have no way of making it a reality so who ever *hint* makes it one day *hint* can make it how they like.

This would be incredibly useful, but what will the projectile be?

Archived