Invisible, Inc. Pre-Release - NOW AVAILABLE

So far, so AWESOME. Love the tactics mode, though it seems to have been stuck on when I first started. May have been because I alt-tabbed away from the window, though. Tapping Alt again made it toggleable again.

Internationale got shot, and 3 turns later she stood up. She had been on overwatch, and so when she got up she grabbed the guard next to her and took him down. It was quite amusing, but were both of those things supposed to happen? I was all "Gots to get me some med gel" but nooooooo.

• Developer

@shirsh we indeed removed the random events -- we felt they distracted and added randomness that wasn't that great to the experience. It was a hard decision because in a lot of ways we liked them, but in the end we decided they weren't quite working.

So I just got my hands on Brimstone and OH GOD IS IT THE BEST THING EVER. Finally, a way to take the Corp's greatest strength and make it a weakness.

I <3 Brimstone.

Just finished my first run. I'd have won too, if Shalem (who had the med-gel that would have revived a certain critical member of the squad) hadn't gotten completely boxed in while he was cloaked (He... uh... "borrowed" the cloak from Decker while he was... uh... sleeping). Stupid Shalem. I'd have never told him to go into that corner. I don't know why he did it all on his own*.

Oh, and I LOVE the new "flashbang"s. Still dangerous, but much less likely to insta-end a run in turn 1.

*Shalem may or may not have done that on his own. He can't tell his side of the story so all you have is mine.

I want to play more and more, but I think I'll wait until I'm ready to record.

So, I just clicked on the credits, and I will say one thing. Even though the old style of Incognita/ Alpha Invisible, Inc. may no longer be with us, the memory of it still remains. And I love the music at least appearing somewhat again. Thank you, Klei, for bringing that back in some form.

I just beat the game on experienced. Got lucky with the 2 objective spawns being right next to each other. Man that new ending mission is awesome though, very tense and very fun. Didn't expect that ending either xD 

Great experience that's for sure, already started another on Expert now, got Wrench 2 and Banks on the 2nd mission. Very excited. 

I'm on the final mission now on my first run (on Experienced), but I don't think I'm going to survive it because of some nasty level design and a real lack of armor-piercing on my team.

So many nice quality of life improvements and little details, including new art and music — and the narrative, obviously. Really superb.

Also, were guards able to kick down doors before this release? That scared the hell out of me when it first happened.

@shirsh we indeed removed the random events -- we felt they distracted and added randomness that wasn't that great to the experience. It was a hard decision because in a lot of ways we liked them, but in the end we decided they weren't quite working.

I <3 Brimstone.

I'm glad, honestly. They got repetitive quickly, and the game feels "purer" without them.

Goodnight sweet r4ttlesnke :(

I will miss some random things like pwr trading with unknown hacker, reading memes and especially - trapped safes (there's never enough smoke grenades anywhere), world feel slightly emptier and more artificial/player-centric without them (About story mode I'm wrong: there's more tense and suspence without them for sure. I think they was good for endless though)

Distress signals didn't make their way to helicopter too? (but yeah, Friendly Conversations and Insomniacs was mostly irritating in endless) But maybe Courier still in game somewhere (for sake of variety etc)?

I'd wish for DLC expansion for endless mode with all ideas you had (base meta-game, random events, disstress signals or paid contracts) someday (and with Ghost Division, and consumable shield-barrier and scarf for International and <endless list of everything>)

I <3 Brimstone.

I think that is a good move. I never liked them and was annoyed about the random component.

Played a little and love the final came. It's soo intense...  :)

The toolbox of the guards seems to be much broader. The hacker drive me crazy (in a good way), the scanning grenades etc

Really silly request: would it be possible to add an option to replay the opening cinematic again? Nika was just too awesome there!

Yeah! For a character who I never expected to really become super amazing, Nika was super amazing in that opening cutscene! That alone turned her into an amazing character. Truly a bodyguard who can't be stopped. Kinda makes me want to do runs with Nika now... and the perfect other character to go with her.

• Developer

Awesome, finally able to play the game.

Just one question: will there be mod support? I think this type of game can benefit greatly from mod support, but I wanted to wait to the final release before asking.

Alas, no mod support for Invisible, Inc.

I'm glad, honestly. They got repetitive quickly, and the game feels "purer" without them.

Agreed. I enjoyed them when they were there but I prefer them gone.

• Developer

So who are the voice actors? In-house or out sourced?

Plus, any chance of an Invisible Inc poster avaliable?

It's a mix -- Central / Monst3r are local actors who come into our studio sound booth to record. Incognita is Kelly Graham who is also an awesome artist, and we also had a variety of other devs / local actors do the guards / Nika / Deckard.

We'd love to have a poster made available -- maybe after the launch madness dies down a bit :)

It's a mix -- Central / Monst3r are local actors who come into our studio sound booth to record. Incognita is Kelly Graham who is also an awesome artist, and we also had a variety of other devs / local actors do the guards / Nika / Deckard.

We'd love to have a poster made available -- maybe after the launch madness dies down a bit :-)

I'll keep your word on that Bigfoot; I need one to join the one you gave me last time :D

Crossposting this from NeoGAF, because I don't feel like writing a second variation of it:

Just finished for the first time (on my very first run, on Experienced, which I wasn't necessarily expecting despite 40+ hours put into it during Early Access).

The final mission was probably the single best procedural experience I have had that I can remember. I spent half of the level on alarm level 6 and every one of my team survived. That depended on adaptive, on-the-fly planning in response to A Lot of Bad **** Happening (and, on one occasion, gritting my teeth and making Bad **** Happen on purpose), as well as using every tool that I had earned over the course of the game (the star, as if often the case in InvisInc, was a well-placed shock trap). The whole mission was tense enough, close enough to failure at every moment, that it could have been perfectly scripted. But it wasn't. It was a complex unfolding of a random number generator, my choices, and Klei's impeccable design. It made me feel like a tactical genius (I am not). It was a turn-based thrill ride.

This game is a masterpiece. There is literally nothing like it out there. How often do you get to say that about a game?

If you're reading this, you're interested enough to buy it, and you should. It is better than [insert Almost Any Game Here], I promise you.

Archived