Don't Starve Together: Floodgates are Opening Soon!

After June 3, will new purchases of Don’t Starve get Don’t Starve Together for free?

No, we will only be gifting a free copy of Don’t Starve Together on June 3rd;This means that June 2nd, will be the last day to qualify to receive Don’t Starve Together by purchasing Don’t Starve. After this date, there will no longer be a loyalty discount to upgrade to Don’t Starve Together as well.

So. if we purchasing  don't starve before 2 june, does we get don't starve together?

So. if we purchasing  don't starve before 2 june, does we get don't starve together?

Yes :excitement:

What are you waiting for? Buy now, for you and all your friends and family a copy each! Regardless of whether they have one already!

EDIT: Guys, I think I'm onto something!

This will reveal so much lore if we can figure it out!

post-390644-0-40209900-1430550252_thumb.

CSI XYZ JK

EDIT2: Okay you know what, why not have some atmospheric music?

Hi, what if I already have DST (gift from friend with frontier pack). Am I supposed to get another gift copy of DST on 3.6. (That I can gift to someone else)?

I think this would be fair because that copy I have I had to get on my own and free copy of DST for owners was promised.

Thank you for your answer :)

Make Through the Ages for standard game it can have a price tag on it, I don't mind paying for more DS content.

Through the Ages is supposed to be focused on multiplayer content.

Why on earth would they make it for single player DS?  <.<

Especially if you'd pay for it anyway, why not just shell out the 5 bucks for DST (which you prolly have already) and just... y'know, not play w/ other people?

Through the Ages is supposed to be focused on multiplayer content.

Why on earth would they make it for single player DS?  <.<

Especially if you'd pay for it anyway, why not just shell out the 5 bucks for DST (which you prolly have already) and just... y'know, not play w/ other people?

Casue I hate other people.

The game won't work without Steam. Regular DS was different, but seeing as in DST you play with other Steam users,  you have to be on Steam to play.  Has nothing to do with $$$ :razz:

lol you obviously know nothing of coding, 

DST can be made steam free (very easily), but it is not, because the standalone is such a small fraction of the user base of DS (now), ,even though the original supporters of DS were non Steam users, so it does come down to $, why spend resources on a small fraction when you can make the majority happy?

My point was that it was stated,  "all DS owners" , it should be available for those that supported this project without having to use DRM in order to play it.

It took us a year , yes a year, to get the standalone updater fixed (thank to Peter for fixing it), the standalone users have been ignored pretty much since it was launched on Steam.

lol you obviously know nothing of coding, 

DST can be made steam free (very easily), but it is not, because the standalone is such a small fraction of the user base of DS (now), ,even though the original supporters of DS were non Steam users, so it does come down to $, why spend resources on a small fraction when you can make the majority happy?

My point was that it was stated,  "all DS owners" , it should be available for those that supported this project without having to use DRM in order to play it.

It took us a year , yes a year, to get the standalone updater fixed (thank to Peter for fixing it), the standalone users have been ignored pretty much since it was launched on Steam.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure that DST is mostly on steam because of Early Acess. I would honestly be flabberghasted if it turned out that once DST launched out of Beta they had no plans to make a standalone launcher. When DST is made standalone, you should still have it for free (since, like someone said earlier, steam keys and original keys are interchangable).

I bought Don't Starve over Steam, but was delighted to find out I could use the keys Steam stored to download and keep a standalone version. Don't Starve Together should get the same treatment... it's just a tad out of order.

They aren't ignoring the playerbase that wants to play DRM free completely.. at least I hope not. They are just putting DRM free on hold, I believe. Everybody with Don't Starve by June 2nd will get keys, whether they have steam or not. You just might have to wait a bit to use them....

Thanks. Don't Starve has come a long way since I joined from buying the 2for1 beta of the original singelplayer beta in steam. I'm glad I'm still here and still interested. Klei does so many things right, and your games are always high quality.

Keep making games. You're great at it.

...that's why I said "not play w/ other people".  : P

Don't Starve Together has so many rebalances, it's hardly the same game. It's like if I want to use RoG characters on a non-RoG world, I can't just mess around with the world generation because there's still the Wetness meter instead of direct sanity loss, things start smoking instead of erupting into flames, most things inflammable being flammable, etc

:snarlingspider:

Don't Starve Together has so many rebalances, it's hardly the same game. It's like if I want to use RoG characters on a non-RoG world, I can't just mess around with the world generation because there's still the Wetness meter instead of direct sanity loss, things start smoking instead of erupting into flames, most things inflammable being flammable, etc

:snarlingspider:

Well, the Through the Ages update is, again, focused almost on the multi-player aspect of DST.

It doesn't really make any sense to me why someone would care about this stuff while playing single-player.

If they just want to play Through the Ages single-player, making a DST server by yourself is most likely going to be the best option.

Cannot wait to see how you guys figure to implement the caves/ruins. I am sure that that will be quite tough to figure out since the caves and ruins are pretty much the same size of the top layer map. I am wondering if it would be possible to have it like normal DS, but I can only imagine how hard it would be to run a server that has all of the layers included.

I'm a little confused by the wording of this post and the steam page. They seem conflicting.

I don't currently own Don't Starve. If I buy it before June 3rd, will I also get gifted Don't Starve Together on June 3rd? On the steam page it makes it sound like if I don't already own it, it doesn't apply to me.

If I do get DST on June 3rd for free, then I will absolutely buy it today or tomorrow, but if not, I am not interested. Can anyone here clarify?

Thanks

@DukeMana Anybody who owns Don't Starve on Steam before June 3rd, who does not already have Don't Starve Together, will be gifted DST for free on June 3rd.

If you buy Don't Starve today or tomorrow, and you don't own Don't Starve Together, then you will get DST Wednesday.

Can you point me to the description that was unclear? I would like to make sure I correct any issues there.

Archived