Reign of Giants Coming to DST April 21st

@Spartan7116, RoG in DST is NOT A DLC.

RoG will be more content inside DST, DST will include RoG because it is its own game.

So yes, you will get DST, and you will get the RoG content inside DST.

What you won't get is the RoG dlc for the DS single player game.

DS and DST are two separate games.

Will there be any way to disable ROG in game? I noticed the option isn't in the beta's beta. Though that would have of course negated the test.

There is a preset when creating a server called "No Giants Here".

This is probably the closest you will be able to get to disabling RoG, though the new mechanics (food decaying on crockpots, trapped animals starving, etc) will still be in effect.

There is a preset when creating a server called "No Giants Here".   This is probably the closest you will be able to get to disabling RoG, though the new mechanics (food decaying on crockpots, trapped animals starving, etc) will still be in effect.

That sucks. I like playing Don't Starve together, but haven't really gotten into playing DST: ROG. All the changes make the game a lot tougher then what the people I play with want to handle. I will differently be taking a closer look at the settings when I am forced to play this way later this week. 

Archived