Reign of Giants Coming to DST April 21st

It would be quite bad if they would decide on adding adventure mode to DST, and I hope they won't waste time on it this time around, I never finished adventure mode and I don't even want to play it, for many reasons.

I'm glad you aren't in charge.  <.<

Adventure Mode is what my friends and I have been patiently waiting for all of this time.  The base games, while fun, lack any sort of focused direction or sense of accomplishment in the late game that the Adventure Mode provides.

Also, they really want to experience the story Together.  : )

dst-rog-teaser-750px.png

Reign of Giants will officially be added to Don't Starve Together beginning April 21st.

As a new free expansion; Reign of Giants brings new characters, seasons and creatures. And now, just for Don't Starve Together; meaner, badder giants for you and your friends to... enjoy.

To usher in Reign of Giants we will be inviting streamers for an early look at Reign of Giants later this week! If you are playing Don't Starve Together on Twitch or YouTube, be sure to check back this Thursday for more information on how to get your early invite.

And also this Thursday, we will release our new Twitch mod so your viewers can play along as they determine various events in your world. Viewers can repopulate berry bushes, spawn creatures, or make it rain (frog rain of course). Help or harm, it's in their hands.

See you Thursday!

Download the embiggened version for your wallpapering pleasure: HERE (4.7 MB)

So you guys have any plans for distributing Giants addon on current DST RoG test version before integration update?

Or I only have to focus on Thursday Twitch shows for early invite?

I'm glad you aren't in charge.  <.<

Adventure Mode is what my friends and I have been patiently waiting for all of this time.  The base games, while fun, lack any sort of focused direction or sense of accomplishment in the late game that the Adventure Mode provides.

Also, they really want to experience the story Together.  : )

Here is your whole story:

MAXWELL_ADVENTUREINTROS =    {        LEVEL_1 =        {            ONE = "Oh, you found my portal did you?",            TWO = "You'd think you would have learned your lesson by now.",            --THREE = "Strange machinery hasn't exactly been kind to you in the past.",            THREE = "Hmm. Let's try something a little more challenging, shall we?",            --FIVE = "Let's see if you're so enthusastic when it's fourty below.",        },        LEVEL_2 =        {            ONE = "Well would you look at that, you survived.",            TWO = "One down, four to go!",            --TWO = "Now don't get a big head, you aren't the first.",            --THREE = "Let's see what you're really made of.",            --FOUR = "And by that I mean to say,",            --FIVE = "I will enjoy inspecting your entrails once the Deerclops is done with you.",        },        LEVEL_3 =        {            ONE = "What? You're still here?",            TWO = "Impressive. But you should probably stop while you're ahead.",            --TWO = "Must I do everything myself?",            --THREE = "HOUNDS! DISPOSE OF THIS PEST!",        },        LEVEL_4 =        {            ONE = "Say, pal.",            TWO = "You're really pushing your luck.",            THREE = "Turn back now, or I may have to resort to drastic mesaures.",        },        TWOLANDS =        {            ONE = "Say, pal.",            TWO = "Let's make a deal. You can stay here. Settle down, even.",            THREE = "I'll give you food, gold, pigs, whatever you need.",            FOUR = "All I want in return is a truce.",        },        LEVEL_5 =        {            ONE = "You insolent, pitiful, insignificant ant!",            TWO = "Do not arouse the wrath of the Great Maxwell!",            THREE = "You will regret coming any further...",        },        LEVEL_6 =        {            ONE = "Well, this is it.",            TWO = "You found me. Now, what are you going to do?",            TELEPORTFAIL = "Don't you think I've tried that?",            TELEPORTFAIL2 = "This is the end of the line. We have no escape.",            COMBATFAIL =             {                "Where would be the sport in that?",                "Who do you think allowed you to make that?",            },            CONVERSATION =             {                "Is this what you were expecting?",                "Forgive me if I don't get up.",                "You've been an interesting plaything, but I've grown tired of this game.",                "Or maybe They've grown tired of me.",                "Heh. Took them long enough.",                "They'll show you terrible, beautiful things.",                "It will change you, like it did me.",                "It's best not to fight it.",                "There wasn't much here when I showed up.",                "Just dust. And the void. And Them.",                "I've learned so much since then. I've built so much.",                "But even a King is bound to the board.",                                "You can't change the rules of the game.",                "I don't know what they want. They... they just watch.",                "Unless you get too close. Then...",                "Well, there's a reason I stay so dapper.",                "What year is it out there? Time moves differently here.",                "Go on, stay a while. Keep us company.",                "Or put the key in the box. It's your decision.",                "Either way, you're just delaying the inevitable.",                "Reality is like that, sometimes.",                "I think I've said enough.",                "..."            }        },    },    MAXWELL_ADVENTURE_HEAD =    {        LEVEL_4 =        {            ONE = "Fine. Just remember that you chose this.",        },        LEVEL_6 =        {            ONE = "We're not so different, you and I.",            TWO =             {                ONE = "That's why I brought you here.",                TWO = "That's why I brought all of them here.",            },            THREE =               {                ONE = "Oh, did you think you were the first?",                TWO = "HA!",            },            FOUR =             {                ONE = "It's just that...",                TWO = "I've become accustomed to winning.",            },        },    },    MAXWELL_ADVENTURETHRONE =    {        LEVEL_6 =        {            INTRO =            {                ONE = "Is this how it ends?",            },            HIT =            {                ONE = "The throne won't allow that. I've tried.",            },            NOUNLOCK =            {                ONE = "Ah, I am a fool. I had dared to hope.",            },            PHONOGRAPHON =            {                ONE = "I guess I deserve that.",            },            PHONOGRAPHOFF =            {                ONE = "Thank you. I have been listening to that song for an eternity.",            },        },    },

Epicness and sense of direction over 9k.

THis game has no story, it never has, there is more story about characters and world on forum and puzzles than in actual game.

Here is your whole 

Epicness and sense of direction over 9k.

THis game has no story, it never has, there is more story about characters and world on forum and puzzles than in actual game.

I am also glad, you are not in charge.

adventure mode was made excatly bc the game didnt has a end or story.

Adding this will only make sense.

They could put some new rewards on the end of the world instead of unlocking champs.

I don't know if you have any ideas how fast this game gets boring without any form for challenge or something adventure.

Even the default plus mode, starting 3 chests gives something else to the game instead of normal server.

Meh. Idk. I might need some harder game mode.

It would be quite bad if they would decide on adding adventure mode to DST, and I hope they won't waste time on it this time around, I never finished adventure mode and I don't even want to play it, for many reasons.

Then... don't play it. Nobody's forcing you to, but you're making it sound as if because of that you don't want anyone else to play Adventure mode in DST. Sounds quite selfish!

Cause gathering the smae junk over 5 levels is so interesting...

They could go and make the actual game interesting and rewarding by adding new content and challanges for the end game instead of some lame adventure mode with minimal story and difficulty level increased in a lame way, here now have eternal winter cause winter is so "HARD".

They wasted weeks on adding it to the base game instead of finishing the base game content, or fixing bugs that are in game to this day, they also wasted much time on adding contnet that is aviable in adventure mode only and is not used in base game or is used in a lame way - pig guardians guarding berry bushes or grass, so logical.

The teleportato is also in the base game worlds and its lame, cause you can't even change your world settings by using it, so there is no real reason to use it. They could easly add next popup dialog asking you if you want to change world settings or not.

Adventure mode worlds itslef are bugged, like two worlds level that could be fun to play has bugs with day/dusk time.

Only 2 adveture levels are somewhat good, Islands and Two Worlds if they would be able to remove time bugs.

No adventure mode needed just add possibility to change world settings after using teleporato for normal worlds and all random button in there, then just travell trough 5 worlds and you have your adventure.

New content for the main game mode (survival), bug fixes, then maybe some new game modes. At least I think that it should be like that, instead of adding lame things like story modes without actual story in them.

@_Q_: Are you joking??? You sound like a boss of Klei. If you can decide what is waste about what others are doing, then I can say that your postings are also waste. Same right for everybody. If you are mad, because there is no story in DS, then you can create a mod. Shouldn't be so difficult at all. I would like a multiplayer adventure mode in DST. And guarding berry bushes by pigs is a very good idea!!! XD

No adventure mode needed just add possibility to change world settings after using teleporato for normal worlds and all random button in there, then just travell trough 5 worlds and you have your adventure.

Except the world generation for Adventure maps is different, with unique barriers, bridges and set pieces, not to mention conditions. I get that you don't like adventure mode, but plenty of people do- and if it had problems, they're worth addressing rather than just scrapping the whole thing.

I think one of the problems with the current model of Adventure mode is that multiple players would be able to collect pieces too quickly. Even in a larger DST world this might prove too easy. If they do adventure mode content then a different objective might be neat. 

Sure. Lets add adventure mode, then lets add whack a mole mode then other stupid game modes, and leave the all old bugs unfixed, and not add new contnent or finish and polish the existing contnent cause there is no time left for that. Logic much.

Many bugs is still unfixed in base game, but hey we can forget about base game cause we have new and shiny DST.

DST gets boring fast? No problem lets add more game modes cause who needs more content and things to do its already perfect.

And adventure mode is only small addition to the game not the main game and should not get as much attention and time as it got.

Tallbirds got fixed in DST and are at last raising smallbirds, so far one good thing that happened.

Maybe Bearger will be able to steal the meat that is not dried yet from drying racks this time around, and maybe buzzards stucking in their fight animation forever on the ground will get fixed to, and hundreds of other bigger and smaller bugs that the bug tracker is full of.

DST will get boring fast, cause there is 4 - 6 players building the base and gathering stuff so you can have all things needed to survive 4 to 6 times faster than usual, adventure mode will not fix that in any way.

But then again expecting finished and polished product in this time and era is pure madness.

Cause gathering the smae junk over 5 levels is so interesting...

Adventure mode is optional. Read the wiki if you're short on time.

They could go and make the actual game interesting and rewarding by adding new content and challanges for the end game instead of some lame adventure mode with minimal story and difficulty level increased in a lame way, here now have eternal winter cause winter is so "HARD".

It's good Klei skipped the whole thing about achievements and rewards, I'm fed up with that crap. You set your own goals in a survival game like this, it's designed for re-playability. But I do admit it would be nice with a story mode of some kind. A lot of DS players are terrible at paying attention to lore found outside the game and EVEN inside the game in the form of character quotes.

They wasted weeks on adding it to the base game instead of finishing the base game content, or fixing bugs that are in game to this day, they also wasted much time on adding contnet that is aviable in adventure mode only and is not used in base game or is used in a lame way - pig guardians guarding berry bushes or grass, so logical.

Strange, I encounter that exact structure in survival- as well as adventure mode despite you claiming the opposite. Those structures are indeed illogical compared to real life but this game isn't real life. Fighting off angry pigs to get a huge stack of berries or grass is a rewarding challenge, it has saved my depleting resources many times.

The teleportato is also in the base game worlds and its lame, cause you can't even change your world settings by using it, so there is no real reason to use it. They could easly add next popup dialog asking you if you want to change world settings or not.

You have the option to start a new world from the menu.

Adventure mode worlds itslef are bugged, like two worlds level that could be fun to play has bugs with day/dusk time.

Only 2 adveture levels are somewhat good, Islands and Two Worlds if they would be able to remove time bugs.

Certain Adventure mode levels have the "time bug". It's supposed to be there for the sake of challenge. Consider reading the DS wiki regarding Adventure mode levels.

That would make the game much shorter than before and it would probably not work in multiplayer.

New content for the main game mode (survival), bug fixes, then maybe some new game modes. At least I think that it should be like that, instead of adding lame things like story modes without actual story in them.

Klei is probably reading all response and planning to do the exact opposite just to make this game as terrible as you describe it.

gendo.jpg

Adventure mode is optional. Read the wiki if you're short on time.

It's good Klei skipped the whole thing about achievements and rewards, I'm fed up with that crap. You set your own goals in a survival game like this, it's designed for re-playability. But I do admit it would be nice with a story mode of some kind. A lot of DS players are terrible at paying attention to lore found outside the game and EVEN inside the game in the form of character quotes.

Strange, I encounter that exact structure in survival- as well as adventure mode despite you claiming the opposite. Those structures are indeed illogical compared to real life but this game isn't real life. Fighting off angry pigs to get a huge stack of berries or grass is a rewarding challenge, it has saved my depleting resources many times.

You have the option to start a new world from the menu.

Certain Adventure mode levels have the "time bug". It's supposed to be there for the sake of challenge. Consider reading the DS wiki regarding Adventure mode levels.

That would make the game much shorter than before and it would probably not work in multiplayer.

Klei is probably reading all response and planning to do the exact opposite just to make this game as terrible as you describe it.

gendo.jpg

They are reading and then they don't care much.

You know the clothing items like hats and other stuff were much harder to craft, you needed much more materials to craft them and it was fine, then they added durability to clothing items and forum storm started that durability is bad, game is to hard etc, so they lowered crafting cost of all clothing items, but it was not enough for people and they were still raging over the forums, so they added Sewing Kit ending forum raging more or less. I asked about increasing the cost of clothing items to more reasonable levels since now you can fix them, but as you can see they never did that. Final result? All clothing items are easy to craft, some of them are not even worth a use of Sewing Kit. It all ends like that, and the game is no way close to Uncompromising Wilderness Survival.

I think Adventure mode, while should stay, for probable story reasons and for multiplier reasons should be completely different. This is what would make the biggest difference between the single player game and multiplier game, meaning that playing single player game would still be a reason to play Don't Starve single player, just for the experience and story beginning, while multiplier would continue the story onward from the single player, meaning that adventure mode would be completely different if implemented.

All clothing items are easy to craft, some of them are not even worth a use of Sewing Kit. It all ends like that, and the game is no way close to Uncompromising Wilderness Survival.

You don't need to be so grumpy and egoistic old pro-player, if it's became too easy for your skills it doesn't became too easy for all.
And don't you think, not everyone likes endless sandboxes? It's really cool to have option to stop just surviving for surviving and have a try to escape from game-world by adventure mode, even if it's open-ended (and revealed as unsuccesful as way to escape when you finish it) it's a story none the less for me. I'm a bit curious, what elements you'd like to had in something to call it a story?

You don't need to be so grumpy and egoistic old pro-player, if it's became too easy for your skills it doesn't became too easy for all.
And don't you think, not everyone likes endless sandboxes? It's really cool to have option to stop just surviving for surviving and have a try to escape from game-world by adventure mode, even if it's open-ended (and revealed as unsuccesful as way to escape when you finish it) it's a story none the less for me. I'm a bit curious, what elements you'd like to had in something to call it a story?

What pro player? I don't even...

You have problems with using mouse and keyboard?

Cause using mouse nad keyboard is all you need to play and survive in this game, brain is not required but its nice to have it around.

You need to be real pro with 10 years of expirinece to get 15 silk instead of 6 to craft the damn hat.
So, that's thing that hurt you so much, and you will be happy and totally satified person when everyone will need to get 15 silk instead of 6 to craft the dapper hat, because game will be totally balanced and awesome experience for whole world then?

Probably it's not a hardest thing, to make mod that's change those recipe numbers and will make everyone happy

So, that's thing that hurt you so much, and you will be happy and totally satified person when everyone will need to get 15 silk instead of 6 to craft the dapper hat, because game will be totally balanced and awesome experience for whole world then?

Probably it's not a hardest thing, to make mod that's change those recipe numbers and will make everyone happy

Maybe you go and make a mod for yourself and others of your type. So one spider will drop 1000 silk.

Sewing Kit is not worth to use for anything else than hats and clothes crafted from giants drops, you can get all items way to fast so the game gets boring quite fast.

Alos game dosen't balance itself cause there is more players in one world, even after cutting hunger values of all food items in half you will be able to fed more than 10 players without any problems.

Archived