Food Stats

Smissen

Hello i was alittle bit bored so i decided to get stats on all the health items and i think got them all just post if you see something you would wan't to change :).

So here is the list sorted by hunger lowest to highest.

Petals: Hunger +0 Health +1

Mandrake: Hunger +0 Health +61(Could be more since i only had one and it healed me to full from 39 health.)

Seeds: Hunger +4 Health +1

Carrots: Hunger +10 Health +5

Berries: Hunger +10 Health +5

Honey: Hunger +10 Health +30

Monster Meat: Hunger +15 Health -10

Cooked Monster Meat: Hunger +20 Health -5

Morsel: Hunger +20 Health +5

Cooked Morsel: Hunger +30 Health +10

Meat: Hunger +30 Health +10

Cooked Meat: Hunger +50 Health +25

Hunger we all need it, here is how much you need each day to Don't Starve.

You have lost 45 when you get to the evening.

You have lost 54 when the evening starts.

You have lost 72 when the new day begins.

So this means you lose 4,5 hunger each 1/16 of the clock :).

You lose 3.7 health per second when you are at 0 hunger, so it takes just 27 seconds to reach zero.

Also note that the hunger you need is not affected by activities.

That would be all if i am correct, if you guys could check out that mandrake and see how low u can go it would be glad but i suspect it heals you to full :)

Edit 1: Edited so it was easier to distinguish the negative and higher healing numbers

Edit 2: Added some info about how much hunger it takes each day.

Edit 3: Added how long it takes to die when your at 0 hunger. Thanks Excess for that :).

Edited by Smissen
Editing...

Your welcome.Also updated with some basic hunger info so now you can see how much you need each day.1 Cooked Meat, 1 Carrot and 3 Seeds will land you at a healthy hunger every day and will probably be what i eat every day since it is not that hard to stack them, but i guess 1 Cooked Meat and 1 Morsel will work better in forms of stacking :).

Edited by Smissen

1 Cooked Meat, 1 Carrot and 3 Seeds will land you at a healthy hunger every day [...]

Now THAT'S what I call a healthy diet.

But be aware that doing stuff like running, chopping wood, attacking and that sort of activity makes you hungrier faster. You measured that hunger through a day of sitting still or doing stuff?

DERRRRRRRRRRP!

Edited by Excess
Smissen is right, activities don't affect hunger

I made that hunger just running around exploring all my islands so hmm i guess the facts are flaud then :/Are you sure that running and stuff of that nature increases the hunger? I will most certanly check this out.EDIT: Argh you made me scared my experiments were wrong why you do this ^^.Just to be serious running around does not affect hunger. It might seem like it but hunger is in fact not affected by activities.

Edited by Smissen

Damn, my senses failed me. I can indeed testify that activities DOESN'T affect digestion. I spent a whole day chopping wood (just to probe me wrong. [AND I SUCCEEDED!{Always Look on the Bright Side of Life¹}]).So, Smissen, in order to repay you for your troubles, I submitted myself to near death in the name of statistics. BEHOLD!:It takes only 27 seconds to DIE of starvation, once your hunger goes down to 0. That's as much as 3.7 health points per second.PS: Also, just to feed my OCD (please, don't feed the OCD), you start complaining of hunger at %33.

Edited by Excess
¹Let's see if you catch that one, Toaster Fu :D

Whats an ocd?

OCD would be planting the cones in a grid-like display so it looks tidy and is more efficient to chop down; or trying to align perfectly 3 farms in a horizontal manner, unsuccessfully, thus, starting over the game; or burning down all the grass around before setting up a camp so it doesn't grow over your things...PS: No, I haven't done all these things, they just happened to came to my mind. STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT! Edited by Excess
OR, editing your post because you found a typo.

Damn, my senses failed me. I can indeed testify that activities DOESN'T affect digestion. I spent a whole day chopping wood (just to probe me wrong. [AND I SUCCEEDED!{Always Look on the Bright Side of Life¹}]).So, Smissen, in order to repay you for your troubles, I submitted myself to near death in the name of statistics. BEHOLD!:It takes only 27 seconds to DIE of starvation, once your hunger goes down to 0. That's as much as 3.7 health points per second.

Yeah i mean most games do make you lose more hunger/stamina/whatever when your doing activities but this one does not :).Also thanks for the info on how long it takes to die:)

• Developer

...I do have actual reasons, though! The existing food items have to become a bit less powerful/plentiful over the next couple of updates to pave the way for [sOMETHING I'D RATHER NOT TALK ABOUT YET].