Reign of Giants public test: March 23rd Update

While it was raining, I put on an umbrella. The rate at which I gained wetness was noticeably less when looking at the actual numbers on the HUD, but the arrow indication wetness growth remained at a high level, while in single player it would have become smaller. I believe this is the issue our friend is seeing.

Crops which are planted in farms during summer which turn into withered plants, yet state they are not ready to be harvested can be fertilized. When fertilized they turn into a small crop, but will not grow past that stage. Not even Wickerbottom's book can make it grow past that stage.

@DarkXero, that makes sense. However, I still think fires should still help reduce wetness growth even while raining. 

Could the crops in farm be grown in summer in single DS-RoG? I don't guess so. They always get dried and withered as small bud stage in summertime and can't be growth-boosted too, according to my memory. Also Wickerbottom's magic cannot do boost in summer as well as in winter.

While it was raining, I put on an umbrella. The rate at which I gained wetness was noticeably less when looking at the actual numbers on the HUD, but the arrow indication wetness growth remained at a high level, while in single player it would have become smaller. I believe this is the issue our friend is seeing.

Yeah, the HUD arrow is strangely big. But I also agree with his statements that humidity meter looks weird or malfunctioning somehow, though cannot pick out exact reasons.

Could the crops in farm be grown in summer in single DS-RoG? I don't guess so. They always get dried and withered as small bud stage in summertime and can't be growth-boosted too, according to my memory. Also Wickerbottom's magic cannot do boost in summer as well as in winter.

Actually in DST the mechanics have changed. Wickerbottom's book does in fact work in Summer and it's like a 33% chance or based on the temperature of the ground that they can be planted properly. I had a bunch of farms with crops in them and actually was able to get them to grow to fruition with Wickerbottom's magic.

Actually in DST the mechanics have changed. Wickerbottom's book does in fact work in Summer and it's like a 33% chance or based on the temperature of the ground that they can be planted properly. I had a bunch of farms with crops in them and actually was able to get them to grow to fruition with Wickerbottom's magic.

Oh, I should check about it. There's also a possibility that game mechanics weren't changed, but my memory was. Thanks for info.

@Avanyali, @Zinglon, it is because what I said about moisture.

The client updates the moisture meter arrow based on moisture deltas.

What is a moisture delta? The difference between a new moisture and the moisture the client currently has stored.

The moisture netvar is a ushortint: 0, 1, 2, 3, ...100.

Therefore, the new moistures will be 0, 1, 2, 3, ...100.

There is no way you can substract two integers and obtain a decimal, and you get the large arrow since moisture delta is either 0, 1, 2, 3, ...100. And 1, 2, 3, ...100 are all bigger than 0.3.

Only hosts get the proper rate.

@Zinglon, it's not necessary to use a float, they can use net_ushortint if they pull a sanity stunt. :-) They add moisturerate to classified, multiply the rate for 1000. And send a number from 1 to 3000. We will see, for now, the rate isn't properly sent from host to client. Or maybe with net_byte is enough? I need to do the math.

Fertilization is acting weirdly.

Diggable Reeds mod was ported over from DS: RoG where it worked flawlessly in DST until DST: RoG branch came out. Now whenever you plant the reeds and try to fertilize them it will say "I can't do that" and simply ignores the usage of fertilization. If you reset the world using c_reset(true) or c_shutdown(true); the next time you start the server they will appear as they've been fertilized.

I believe that this might be related to the bug with the farms which when you try to fertilize them it will say "I can't do that" yet, still uses the fertilizer.

No im pretty sure its out for good. Too devastating and its a griefer's paradise. Imagine dude runs into center of camp rings it and laughs as he runs away

Why? A lot of people play co-op with friends like me at least should be an option to disable old bell or not. Also uou can make it harder to craft, per example: 5x flower and 5x wings, thats 50 days just to get one (full moons are one in 11days)

Why? A lot of people play co-op with friends like me at least should be an option to disable old bell or not. Also uou can make it harder to craft, per example: 5x flower and 5x wings, thats 50 days just to get one (full moons are one in 11days)

+1

it should be an option

I am actually having a weird audio bug that is cropping up of late, after an extended amount of play as a host of a server. Around thirteen to fifteen days all of a sudden the audio start sounding like it's has stuttering lag to it. Originally I thought it might be one of the mods I had installed so I created a new world without the mods. However it happened it happened again. The only way to seem to get rid of it is by restarting DS:T altogether. Once that is done and I load up the world it will take another 13 to 15 days before it crops again. The odd thing is the game does not lag, locks up, or crash.

Not sure what information I can provide in order to solve this issue other then what streamed last night on twitch. Plus I have not actually tried to see if this happens to me client side. Since everyone who joins me usually tells me it does not happen to them. I will have to do some more testing before I can figure out the cause of it. However it is pretty dam annoying.

Here is a highlight video link to the bug occurring while I was playing: http://www.twitch.tv/sindexm/c/6397091

And this is the link to the entire last night stream:http://www.twitch.tv/sindexm/b/641213114

(The bug does go away after I restart the game at about 2 hours and 10 minutes in.)

One final thing that also has cropped up is even though I don't have a controller plugged in sometime the game will tell me otherwise. It's only when I start up the game, and of course I click on the option that I don't have one installed.

So I haven't really spelunked alot since I've mainly been playing DST vs vanilla DS, but I encountered a Depth Worm for the first time today in the Marsh.  It was quite the surprise.

From reading however, aren't they are only supposed to spawn in Caves and Ruins? 

I thought it was something I did because I had a bunch of moleworms die on me in my inventory, so I thought it maybe was a spawn mechanic like Krampus to make it show up.

Anyway, looks like a bug.

Archived