[Windows] Server shows bad host while it is not? & Item Spawning Issue.

• Developer

@M00t

After looking at your screencap of your task manager I think I see what's going on on your system (and why it's performing significantly worse than my i5). The game mostly uses one core, but your system says 33% used (with 10 cores?...I thought it had 8) so other stuff processes may be trashing the cache. What else is running on the server if I may ask? Also, is hyperthreading enabled?

Also, network bandwidth (within reason) and memory will not cause nor alleviate the performance issue. There's a loop in the profile that directly correlates to the size of the world and I created a world with 50% more entities than yours but it takes about half the time on my machine. Also, mods can definitely affect performance negatively. With the size of world and number of entities your world has mods could cause various amounts of overhead depending on how they are coded. But, as I said, your baseline seems slower than comparable machines, so something else seems to be interfering.

@M00t

After looking at your screencap of your task manager I think I see what's going on on your system (and why it's performing significantly worse than my i5). The game mostly uses one core, but your system says 33% used (with 10 cores?...I thought it had 8) so other stuff processes may be trashing the cache. What else is running on the server if I may ask? Also, is hyperthreading enabled?

Also, network bandwidth (within reason) and memory will not cause nor alleviate the performance issue. There's a loop in the profile that directly correlates to the size of the world and I created a world with 50% more entities than yours but it takes about half the time on my machine. Also, mods can definitely affect performance negatively. With the size of world and number of entities your world has mods could cause various amounts of overhead depending on how they are coded. But, as I said, your baseline seems slower than comparable machines, so something else seems to be interfering.

@bizziboi

I do use less mods than before now due to this issue and when I started my DST server I was able to upgrade my server for less money than I used to pay for it since there were spring sales so I now have 10 CPU cores and 10GB RAM.

And that is the whole problem that it only uses one core, I am running three other Terraria servers alongside with it (And I used to host a DST RoG server but it was barely visited so I took that down for now). But all these servers have set their affinity to not use the first core as the DST server runs on it. And I am not entirely sure that hyperthreading is enabled and I don't know where I am able to check that.

I've also tried to set the DST server it's priority but this made no changes. This is why multithreading would come in very handy or I would need to set up some weird setup to make it work properly.

My steam on the machine is closed.

6c234447648148c03c4efa869facd691.png

b7c5a13cf23cc676206c964d2d7c56a0.png

@Screamer21,

I understand that you don't see issues, but if you run at a smooth 60 your friend should be fine too, given that it works fine for  him at 60 and 15. Can you ask your friend to capture a profile at 30 perhaps? 

dont worry about that, next time Ill tell them, can they create a profile from client side?? 

Archived