Reign of Giants public test: Help us out!

Weird bug where when you try to put something in your inventory but all slots are full the item then sticks to the cursor. I tried to drop it and it jumped back onto the cursor. I tried swapping it with something else in the inventory and then THAT item stuck and wouldn't release to the ground. I only solved it when I ate a piece of meat in my inventory that left an open slot. When I tried to reproduce it I couldn't.

Weird bug where when you try to put something in your inventory but all slots are full the item then sticks to the cursor. I tried to drop it and it jumped back onto the cursor. I tried swapping it with something else in the inventory and then THAT item stuck and wouldn't release to the ground. I only solved it when I ate a piece of meat in my inventory that left an open slot. When I tried to reproduce it I couldn't.

Maybe it was caused by bad ping/host? This always happens to me when I have a really bad ping.

I've been hosting a server to play with my friend, and when winter came around he said he could not see the glaciers, nor interact with them. He could also not see the ice I gave him and the slot they were put in bugged out, saying that any item that went into the slot took multiple clicks to work properly.

This happened on my server too. I could see the ice, as the host, but my friend could not. Icebergs, ice, he couldn't see either. 

Speaking of invisible items:(I spawned them in)

Catcoon

Hollow Stump

Dragonfly(You can see him burning stuff, but not him himself)

Glommmer

Ice(?)

Glaciers

Old Bell(Crashes the game)

Luxury Fan(Can't be seen on ground, Can be seen used)

Insulated Pack

I know some of these aren't exactly in the game yet but these are all the items that non-host cannot see.

Also I'm recalling this by memory so I'm not sure how accurate this list is.

Hi

other crash server dedicated:

Could not find anim [transform_out] in bank [tree_leaf]
[string "scripts/components/playerlightningtarget.lu..."]:4: attempt to index global 'ThePlayer' (a nil value)
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
scripts/components/playerlightningtarget.lua:4 in (field) onstrikefn (Lua) <1-22>
inst = 123707 - wolfgang (valid:true)
protected = false
scripts/components/playerlightningtarget.lua:49 in (method) DoStrike (Lua) <47-51>
self =
onstrikefn = function - scripts/components/playerlightningtarget.lua:1
inst = 123707 - wolfgang (valid:true)
hitchance = 0.3
scripts/components/weather.lua:560 in (local) fn (Lua) <534-573>
src = 100015 - forest (valid:true)
pos = (43.92, -0.00, 484.97)
target = 123707 - wolfgang (valid:true)
isrod = false
mindistsq = 61.780408244308
pos0 = (50.04, -0.00, 489.90)
ents = table: 0x11555050
scripts/entityscript.lua:924 in (method) PushEvent (Lua) <918-941>
self (valid:true) =
GUID = 100015
Transform = Transform (0xd2437e8)
inlimbo = false
event_listening = table: 0xd533518
Pathfinder = Pathfinder (0x9ca5940)
actioncomponents = table: 0xd2436f8
worldstatewatching = table: 0xd553058
net = 100019 - world_network (valid:true)
meta = table: 0x9a41148
Map = Map (0x9ca5910)
entity = Entity (0xd243458)
minimap = 100016 - minimap (valid:true)
prefab = forest
updatecomponents = table: 0xd2cf8d0
GroundCreep = GroundCreep (0xd243c60)
PostInit = function - scripts/prefabs/world.lua:140
name = MISSING NAME
persists = false
OnRemoveEntity = function - scripts/prefabs/world.lua:155
pendingtasks = table: 0xd545918
event_listeners = table: 0xd533470
hideminimap = false
state = table: 0xd530718
ismastersim = true
spawntime = 0
WaveComponent = WaveComponent (0xd54b0d0)
replica = table: 0xd243808
topology = table: 0x959da98
components = table: 0xd243690
SoundEmitter = SoundEmitter (0x9ca5928)
event = ms_sendlightningstrike
data = (50.04, -0.00, 489.90)
listeners = table: 0xe227290
entity = 100019 - world_network (valid:true)
fns = table: 0xe2272b8
i = 1
fn = function - scripts/components/weather.lua:534
scripts/components/weather.lua:858 in (method) OnUpdateAboveGround (Lua) <711-869>
self =
OnSave = function - scripts/components/weather.lua:877
inst = 100019 - world_network (valid:true)
OnLoad = function - scripts/components/weather.lua:909
GetDebugString = function - scripts/components/weather.lua:944
LongUpdate = function - scripts/components/weather.lua:703
OnUpdate = function - scripts/components/weather.lua:703
OnUpdateAboveGround = function - scripts/components/weather.lua:711
dt = 0.033333335071802
temperature = 19.192341355825
preciprate = 0.81673312187195
snowlevel = 0
min = 38.167331218719
max = 76.334662437439
targeti = 1
target = 123707 - wolfgang (valid:true)
x = 43.91529083252
y = -1.1920929132714e-08
z = 484.97479248047
radius = 7.8600514148642
theta = 0.67776920425395
pos = (50.04, -0.00, 489.90)
scripts/components/weather.lua:705 in (method) OnUpdate (Lua) <703-709>
self =
OnSave = function - scripts/components/weather.lua:877
inst = 100019 - world_network (valid:true)
OnLoad = function - scripts/components/weather.lua:909
GetDebugString = function - scripts/components/weather.lua:944
LongUpdate = function - scripts/components/weather.lua:703
OnUpdate = function - scripts/components/weather.lua:703
OnUpdateAboveGround = function - scripts/components/weather.lua:711
dt = 0.033333335071802
scripts/update.lua:183 in () ? (Lua) <146-213>
dt = 0.033333335071802
tick = 312906
k = 100019
v = 100019 - world_network (valid:true)
cmp = table: 0xe23f148

SCRIPT ERROR! Showing error screen
QueryServerComplete no callback

Some right-click actions on other players didn't seem to be working with Wigfrid -- I couldn't feed them, and couldn't apply healing items (but I'm not certain that worked before).

Otherwise, I can confirm the same crashes for spoiling crockpot foods, trying to use bedrolls (probably goes for tents too), as well as one for haunting birchnuts -- this might only happen if it makes a treedrake in winter (those were the circumstances).

Also confirming that catcoons and ice (both the item and the boulder) are invisible to clients.

Buzzards didn't seem to ever fight over meat, either. They'd land near it, but fly away when attacked.

Also, the full moon occurs on day 11 and day 33, but not day 22. According to:

Full moon has been retuned to 1 night every 11 days.
it sounded like it should occur on day 22. As it stands right now it's a reduction in both the frequency and the total time that it occurs... by quite a bit. (before it was 2 nights every 16 days, now it's 1 night every 22 days). Currently it has moon phase lengths determined like so:
local MOON_PHASE_LENGTHS ={    new = 1,    quarter = 3,    half = 3,    threequarter = 3,    full = 1,}

Since the game normally starts on the first day of a new moon, it goes new -> quarter -> half -> threequarter -> full, which takes 11 days to get to the full, but then it has to do full -> threequarter -> half -> quarter -> new and repeat, meaning it takes 22 days to get to the next one.

If it's actually supposed to be every N days, with the first occurrence on the Nth day, then the start day would need to be changed to right after a full moon (instead of the first day of a new moon as it is now). If the phase lengths were changed to 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, then we'd get a full moon every 10 days. Alternatively, 2, 1, 2, 1, 1 would make it every 11, with the new moon lasting two nights (which is a little asymmetric, but it doesn't have any gameplay meaning, so...). Personally I think every 10 days is pretty neat, though, and it would be closer to the single-player time share (1/8).

Bug: glommer's flower doesn't despawn when day starts.

What is hilarious is that this happened to me porting Glommer to DST. The exact thing.

The reason? Discussed here: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/48797-in-watchworldstate-bug-or-intended/

Don't use isfullmoon and isday, isfullmoon gets executed after isday because the next day, there isn't a fullmoon, therefore the value in world state changes (as well as the isday value), therefore the flower despawns and spawns again when the night finishes.

When dusk arrives, because isfullmoon is false and stays false, nothing happens, but isday changes from true to false, therefore the function watching triggers.

Use startnight and startday or phase, please. :loyal:  @V2C, I take you didn't write this one. :razz:

Also, another bug: withered things don't restore back to normal in autumn. You need to fertilize them.

When it would be an interesting challenge for long term worlds, in wilderness, when you spawn and all berry bushes and grass and saplings are withered, you are done.

And: you can't fertilize one thing many times in quick succession with rot or any fertilizer. Mostly irrelevant for poop, but relevant for rot, that takes 1-3 to have the same effect as poop.

• Developer

And we're back from a good night's rest, ready to fix more bugs! There will be an update to this branch coming out sometime today, but you all have done a really good job of finding bugs so we're not going to get these all in one go. Keep them coming, though!

We've recorded everything you've mentioned so far, but just a few things I'd like to call out on:

First, thanks everyone for reporting all the "invisible" items and creatures. There is a small but important step that's easy to miss when bringing over the RoG items that we obviously missed on a bunch of these, so please keep your eyes peeled for other invisible items after today's update.

Second, @rezecib regarding Wigfrid, do you mean you couldn't perform these actions as Wigfrid, or on another Wigfrid? We'll have a look in both cases, but just in case we have trouble reproducing it.

My game crashed, and I believe the server subsequently crashed, when I witnessed a character killed by an angry birchnut. My game then went to a black screen after the error message. There were 3 mods running on the dedicated server - not sure how much influence (if any) that might have had.

newer.jpg

OK, I played a bit and here are some things I came across:
-I found a pond in a decidious forest. They aren't supposed to spawn there, did you change that?
-I'm unable to pick up things in the darkness when pressing space
-Not sure if this applies to Wigfrid too, but Webber will say "Where did the spider parts go?" when examining player skeletons
  (like he does in singleplayer)
-Like Clownbaby said, burnt birchnut trees have a chance to drop two charcoals
-When examining RoG characters spawned via console, the character will say "It's...a thing.", Instead of something like "It's Webber!" Not sure if this applies to players tough.
-I found a herd of 17 volt goats. They can be hunted easily and give a lot of meat. I think hunger is one of the bigger problems in multiplayer, so I think they should drop less meat.
-There's still the chance to find a panflute next to glommer's statue, so you should either bring back  mandrakes or remove the chance for the panflute to spawn
-I was unable to place a tree at a spot with nothing nearby, so it was probably blocked by something invisible:

post-561197-0-75010000-1426695524_thumb.

-I found a huge amount of tumbleweeds in one spot(I used c_gonext"buzzardspaner" to find some buzzards, so the tumbleweeds were probably supposed to spread while I'm approaching

post-561197-0-84143400-1426695489_thumb.

I was the host of the server.

Also what does this mean???(I don't know much about the console)

post-561197-0-31139800-1426695469_thumb.

Hello.

Pine cones from burnt trees are replaced by charcoals, so one burnt tree generates 2 charcoals, as already somebody has reported.

Oh yes...I burnt trees, some of which dropped charcoal before chopping (like they used to drop pinecones). I subsequently got 2 charcoal from each of the trees when I chopped them.

-I'm unable to pick up things in the darkness when pressing space

This was deliberately changed. You also can't attack things in the dark, either. You now need to be able to see the item/character/mob to automatically interact with it.

Hi Klei great job.

One suggestion. Instead of removing old bell and big foot, why don't make it harder to craft. Example, instead of x1 Glommer Wings and Glommer Flower, it could be x3 or x5 Gloomer Wings and Flower. That way you would need to wait 3, 4 or 5 full moons, it's a lot of days. I think it wouldn't be so destructive. 

The other idea would be to have an option for the host to choose if they enable or disable Old Bell and Big Foot. What do you guys think?

I explored a big rock biome today and noticed Buzzards shadows and one of them landed. I don't think there should be any Buzzards in a rock biome.

Buzzards should spawn in open areas; desert/rock biomes.  They are scavengers and perfer open areas to scour for carcasses. 

The other idea would be to have an option for the host to choose if they enable or disable Old Bell and Big Foot. What do you guys think?

I agree by far, would be really cool to show friends and make tree farms :p

When it was raining, I had no protection as Wickerbottom, but the wetness indicator was rising super slow despite the arrow being at maximum size. After the rain was over, I was only at 2 wetness without rainprotection, so that's definitely bugged.

Ok, I can confirm that Wigfrid/Webber will say their singleplayer quote for skeletons.
More stuff I came across:
-Webber's and Wigfrid's ghosts don't have voices
-The dragonfly isn't invisible for me while some people
  here say its invisible for them

Archived