Hello,

I just wanted to ask, if I were to set up a dedicated DST server through your website, how practical is it to be able to add mods to the server once it is up and running?

Having played the game for so long, I feel there are certain "quality of life" mods that I usually never play without.  Thanks in advance for any info on this!

14 hours ago, NomadGirl said:

Hello,

I just wanted to ask, if I were to set up a dedicated DST server through your website, how practical is it to be able to add mods to the server once it is up and running?

Having played the game for so long, I feel there are certain "quality of life" mods that I usually never play without.  Thanks in advance for any info on this!

Hi NomadGirl, As soon as we receive payment for your server, it's setup by our automated system, adding mods to your server is very easy and we have a detailed guide to show you how to do this and our support team is just a click away if you get stuck. Adding mods only involves copying the workshop id for the mod(s) you want into two files and hey-presto, it's applied and working!

Amazing customer service 

Was sold with a very intelligent individual  with in customer service knowledgeable about the mark and optimal fair treatment of data versus user needs James A

The guides could be a little more expansive maybe have a few hidden panels for specifics 

but with there support tickets response time and klei's dedication to helping users viva forums the problems I had with my mods were quickly fixed

Just save yourself some trouble, shop with these guys. Looked around and others force you to get 10 slots when default is only 6 they also want to charge you for ram ,which is ridiculous citadel servers doesn't try to nickle and dime you

Would recommend to anyone

Absolute wonderful host. Rented a server from them today, absolutely quick and easy. Use guides they have in the knowledgebase. They even have live support!

Special thanks to one of the service reps James A. for all the help with getting a caves server without them trying to rip me off.

The above post is right, they aren't trying to nickle and dime you. Will definitely be using them again for other game servers if I need more!

Hi I dont know will my comment shown on the post.

I dont know if anyone have an experience like me:

bought a server happily one day 1 playing with the configuration and you get support from the live chat

THEN

the live chat never show up again after day 3 or 4 when you were playing on DST or trying to get on it, the server is not there

you tried to contact the support and yes they reply you, but sometimes or often asking you to go to the knowledge base

you dont know if you are anywhere going right or wrong

at the end of the day

1. you spend 3/4 of the time trying to play with the server trying to get it working rather then playing on DST

2. the server suddenly stops when you built a lovely base and the CS ask you to restore your backup

3. you want someone with real help telling you why this is happening

okay thats me and I want help, I wanted to get a cave server like two weeks ago and you guys said no promo on that, and now you get a cave server for free when purchased. this is how I feel:

1. I paid to play with the configuration files

2. I learnt a lot of codes from DST since I bought server with you

3. I want real help, I dont mind waiting but I want to play DST with the same world continuously for more then 24hours

4. I feel like being troll after I saw the free cave server. 

Thank you, 

This is only my comment on the server NOT everyone's 

Hi RabbitM,

The May-June offer of a free cave server specifically states "Order a Don't Starve Together Server with a Dedicated Core ". This dedicated core is an additional paid feature where we put your server onto it's own dedicated core. We do provide a 10% discount on a Caves server, please contact us for more information.

If you are unable to see your server in-game, this is likely the result of a new update to the Game, to update your game you simply click "Steam Update" in our game control panel and it will update to the latest version, this can be scheduled to be checked every day\hour if you would like this to be automatically done for you.

We have a large selection of guides on how to manage, mod and configure your server that have been kept up to date by our team throughout Don't Starve Together's updates and have been tried and tested by the hundreds of clients without issue, if you have any recommendations for improvements on these guides, please contact us and we will implement improvements where we can to be as descriptive and user-friendly as possible.

Our support team is avaliable 24/7, 7 days a week to answer any queries you might have, we do offer live chat, typically 7 days a week however times in which provided vary.

I bought a server from citadel a week ago and I'm really happy with the service so far. They had a summer deal where I got my caves server for free because I bought the server with a dedicated core. Technical support helped me link my caves server when I was having trouble. Overall I'm very satisfied and would definitely recommend

3 hours ago, Luis95R said:

Will there ever be hosting in Los Angeles?

Hi Luis95R,

We offer hosting in Nevada, Las Vegas which is only 4ms difference between Los Angeles and Nevada, so there would be no point us getting nodes there in Los Angeles as Nevada provides better coverage to the whole of the USA than Los Angeles. If you order a Nevada Don't Starve Together server from us you will have fantastic ping if based in the Los Angeles area

On 12/08/2016 at 9:55 AM, Joachim said:

If I pay for an extra player slot, what exactly do I get extra? More bandwidth? More memory? More space? More cores? Or is it just the removal of an artificial limit?

Hi Joachim,

Playerslots = Max players allowed on your server, All servers already have unlimited bandwidth, uncapped memory\HDD space etc.

Does Citadel Servers have any plans to add a server in Asia (preferably Hong Kong)? I've been looking and looking for server rentals for DST in Asia but the only one my friends and I have found is Multiplay and they don't even offer Caves (their system can't link two separate servers together) nor mod support (I tried their Starbound servers and their support was horrendous, I might as well have spoken to a wall since I ended up fixing the problem myself with no help from them).

Please drop me a message if you do open some slots in Hong Kong and I would rent from you, including caves, immediately.

Thanks.

On August 13, 2016 at 3:49 PM, CitadelServers said:

All Don't Starve Together servers with us can be switched to this mode with just one click, it's that simple!

Well, not really. There was not FAQ on how to switch to the beta, so I had to file a support ticket to get that info. (You go into the mods menu for some reason.) I finallyI switched to the beta, but then the server didn't work, and only after I filed a support ticket was i told that the servers needed to be configured again after the switch. Now the master/forest server is working OK (although somewhere along the line the name got changed and I can't figure out how to change it back) and II still can't get the caves server to connect to the master server, despite following the instructional article.

This company might be fine if you have some experience of and knowledge about game servers, but this stuff is new to me, and the user interface/knowledge base articles are not very accessible for  beginners.

I am hosted by Citadel Server for the last month, but I have some complaints:

1- Before contracting the service you will always see the chat channel online, after you have paid you will never see that again. (I ma not the only one complaining about this. You can see similar complains in this tread)

2- You can file a ticket for support team, but you have to be really (and I mena REALLY!!) specific in your question, and only ask one question at a time, because some guys seems to answer you only the first question.

3- I am trying to download my world to play offline, but I was told that is not possible. So be aware of that: you will not be albe to play your worl offline on your computer. So don´t get attached to your 1000+ days wolrd.

Archived