settings.ini CASE SENSITIVE (game mode not same as broadcast)

I noticed a funny thing when looking at the details of my dedicated server as a client,

It says Custom ???, ???.

At first I thought this was due to my adding (in the settings.ini):

enable_snapshots = true

enable_autosaver = true

enable_vote_kick = true

pause_when_empty = true

When I check on:http://my.jacklul.com/dstservers/ , it said it was Endless Mode.

The game operated like Survival though, where players could not use jury-rig to respawn.  People were using Touchstones and Telltale Hearts.

> > >

I later look at my settings.ini and noticed:

game_mode = Endless

I changed it to:

game_mode = endless

and when I check the server as a client on another computer, it says Endless, ???, ???.

> > >

Will see later if this proves to be the correct game mode.  At this point, the settings.ini seems to be case sensitive.  Endless is not the same as endless.

Thanks!

@sunzribe, I think what you really mean here is that the game mode name is case-sensitive. Strings are generally case-sensitive. But it would probably be a good idea for them to make game modes not case-sensitive.

In other cases, though, you kind of need the case-sensitivity, such as for server title, description, and password.

Yes, I was mainly pointing to the fact that if you put any upper-case letters into settings-related parameters, it confuses the program. 

I always set my games to Endless Mode, but since I did not use all lower-case, the server instruction got confused, and defaulted to Survival Mode, even though it was being broadcast / displayed as Endless Mode at: http://my.jacklul.com/dstservers/ .

Archived