Sign in to follow this  
Mosby

Newb FAQ

Mosby    10

Hi, I'm new to the game. Having lots of fun so far.

Got a couple basic questions - is there a beginner's guide anywhere?

Is there any way to recover anything after dying? I see that I get to keep my researched recipes, but that's it. I saw the Import button, but I have no idea what that does.

It is a bit frustrating to get 1-hit by something, and lose everything. I'm sure I'll get tired of starting over eventually heh.

Thanks!

Ora    10

Dying and starting over is the name of the game. If you build meat effigies, you can respawn at it, but it's a one-time use structure and you will have to run back to where you died and recover your lost items. If you have an amulet equipped when you die it will ressurect you on the spot and allow you to recover your items with the downside that whatever killed you might just kill you again. Other than that, you lose everything when you die.

Jay667b    10

1.Unsure myself, search function might aid you in that.

2. If you have a meat effigy or amulet you are able to go to where you died and pick up your items, if not you're forced to start from scratch.

3. Nothing is capable of doing 100 damage, so you're not being one hit. Logsuit and Football helmet reduce damage though, maybe invest in those and keep a closer eye on your health. Honey is good for health regen.

xeezy    11

Petals are kind of useless except for feeding them to pigmen so you can get manure. You're not being one hit at all, unless you have low health then yes. This is why you should invent in getting a logsuit and then get some pig skin for a football helmet. These will lower the damage you take HEAVILY. Infact, you barely loose any health untill they get broken.

The only thing you keep over worlds is indeed research points and things you researched.

There is not a FAQ, but there are a few fan-made guides and there is a wiki where you can look stuff up on.

DrChron    10

From one newb to another- that logsuit helps A LOT! And honey for health heals! Though you may want to research/build a bee-house before destroying 'natural' beehives, as they don't respawn. At least I don't think they do.. I avoid wikis...