Per-Instance Mod Config on Dedicated

Hello Klei!

I'm wondering if there is a way to define a specific list of mods on a per-instance basis.  Currently I need to modify two files in the root install directory, which unfortunately applies those mod settings globally.  Is there a way to define a specific config for each instance you may be running?

Thank you!

@dgall, I don't believe there is a nice way to do it. It might make more sense for them to move modsettings and/or modoverride into the config directory, as that would easily allow this sort of thing.

I believe you can edit modsettings/modoverride between launches of your dedicated instances, and have the different mod configurations apply. For easier editing you can use something like this (what I'm using in my modsettings.lua):

local dedicatedwilderness = truelocal dedicatedmaxwell = falseif dedicatedwilderness then	ForceEnableMod("workshop-356833566") -- DST RoG Characters	ForceEnableMod("workshop-354415247") -- Throwable Spears	ForceEnableMod("workshop-343762271") -- More DST Characters	ForceEnableMod("workshop-369588618") -- Renewable World	ForceEnableMod("workshop-378160973") -- Global Positionselseif dedicatedmaxwell then 	ForceEnableMod("DirectorMaxwell")	ForceEnableMod("workshop-343762271") -- More DST Characters	ForceEnableMod("workshop-369588618") -- Renewable Worldelse	-- ForceEnableMod("dst-rog-characters")	-- ForceEnableMod("dummymod")	-- ForceEnableMod("workshop-356833566") --dst-rog-characters	-- ForceEnableMod("workshop-354415247") --Throwable Spears	-- ForceEnableMod("websworth")	-- ForceEnableMod("MenuColors")	-- ForceEnableMod("Klei_Bailey")	-- ForceEnableMod("ExtendedIndicators")	-- ForceEnableMod("FireworksAndMeteors")	-- ForceEnableMod("GestureWheel")	-- ForceEnableMod("alwaysonstatus")end

Archived