admin commands

Correct.

In the past, non-admins had the remote, but it did nothing because the server wouldn't authorize them to run the code received via remote.

Client, open game, join a server via Browse Games, join.

Your game instance will send RPCs to the server and you will receive results and information.

You will be admin here if your klei id is on a adminlist.txt in the save folder of the server.

Server, run the nullrenderer exe from the Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server tools from Steam, this launches a console.

No game instance to play with directly, you just have a world simulation running on a port, that you can join via LAN or via the server list with your game.

You will be admin here if your klei id is on a adminlist.txt in the save folder of the server, or if you launched the server on the same computer that you will use to join.

Host Game, open game, click Host Game, then Generate or Resume game.

Your game instance is the world simulation and you interact directly with it.

You are admin here.

You can be a third party with access to the server console opened via the nullrenderer. You can input code on the console. And you don't need to own the game.

OK, thanks! I tested out the last one, host game: open steam, open game, host, generate world. In the tab list, i have the star, and therefore admin in that world. But I sill could not switch to the remote mode. Is that normal?

i have the star, and therefore admin in that world. But I sill could not switch to the remote mode. Is that normal?

Yes. As I said, in this case your game instance is the world simulation and you interact directly with it.

No remote input needed, it's like writing on the server console.

Archived