admin commands

When I'm not a Ghost, god mode works. And speed is not working...

Godmode doesn't work when you're a ghost, because you don't have any stats to modify.

And speed doesn't work on DST because the server interprets your fast moving as lag, so it slings you back.

Godmode doesn't work when you're a ghost, because you don't have any stats to modify.

And speed doesn't work on DST because the server interprets you're fast moving as lag, so it slings you back.

thank you. And are there any tools for server administration?

• Developer

Hello,  as @DarkXero has already mentioned.   Any command you run in console usually runs locally, if you want to execute it remotely on your server you must cress CTRL first to make the blue "remote:" text appear.  And then you will be rocking and rolling :D

Hello,  as @DarkXero has already mentioned.   Any command you run in console usually runs locally, if you want to execute it remotely on your server you must cress CTRL first to make the blue "remote:" text appear.  And then you will be rocking and rolling :grin:

I forgot about( Fashion popnoname not run(

When I'm not a Ghost, god mode works. And speed is not working...

Speed will work on dedicated server (well it does for my server at least), you just have to run the command locally and then remotely, so both the server and the client are aware of the speed increase, and they wont disagree and think its lag. Example, run c_speed(10) in console, hit enter, then repeat the command, and press CNTL to run remote, then press enter again.

@grapetape, Hmm... Let me see if I can develop one... 3 mins later...

I think this might work:

TheWorld.components.hounded:OnUpdate(TheWorld.components.hounded:GetTimeToAttack())

It should be telling the hounded component that the amount of time it set before the next hound attack has just passed.

Do you think it's possible to begin the whole sequence starting with the warning for the hounds? 

Oops, can't edit response.

For some reason when I try 

TheWorld.components.hounded:OnUpdate(TheWorld.components.hounded:GetWarning())

I get the error attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'dt' (a boolean value)

@grapetape, Because OnUpdate takes the argument dt, or "delta", the time difference it's updating based on. (e.g dt = 3, 3 seconds have passed since the last update). GetWarning() returns true/false, so it tries to do number math with it and fails.

It doesn't look like there's a way to get at the precise warn duration, but you could have it update less time and it should do some of the warning, at least. For example:

TheWorld.components.hounded:OnUpdate(TheWorld.components.hounded:GetTimeToAttack()-30)

@grapetape, Because OnUpdate takes the argument dt, or "delta", the time difference it's updating based on. (e.g dt = 3, 3 seconds have passed since the last update). GetWarning() returns true/false, so it tries to do number math with it and fails.

It doesn't look like there's a way to get at the precise warn duration, but you could have it update less time and it should do some of the warning, at least. For example:

TheWorld.components.hounded:OnUpdate(TheWorld.components.hounded:GetTimeToAttack()-30)

thanks, rezecib that's exactly what i was looking for

To input commands, you have to press the Ctrl key to activate remote inputs.

Open console, press ctrl, see a "remote: " appear to the left of the bar, insert command.

c_godmode() revives you if you are a ghost.

I was not able to see the blue "remote :" on the console as described here after pressing ~ to open console then pressing Ctrl. I am using normal (US) keyboard layout, and also tried dedicated hosts as well as non-dedicated hosts. I am playing as client, and am not sure if I am admin (guess not, since I came from DS to DST today, and fairly new).

Oh, so only the host or the admin can go to the "remote :" mode by pressing Ctrl, and no one else can? @DarkXero previously said:

Only clients of a server can make the "remote" appear. Only people playing via "Host Game" don't have the "remote". If you have a dedicated server, and you connect via LAN from your machine, you still have the "remote".

I know a lot about servers (have several VPS of my own, hosting and maintaining websites for others, and do some fun stuff), but it seems the context is different here. What exactly do we mean by "client", "server", and "Host Game" here? I am starting to feel like the game is trying to do the sane thing: if you don't own the game, you are not allowed to mess around with it. But knowing how these apply would be great.

Oh, so only the host or the admin can go to the "remote :" mode by pressing Ctrl, and no one else can? @DarkXero previously said:

Correct.

In the past, non-admins had the remote, but it did nothing because the server wouldn't authorize them to run the code received via remote.

What exactly do we mean by "client", "server", and "Host Game" here?

Client, open game, join a server via Browse Games, join.

Your game instance will send RPCs to the server and you will receive results and information.

You will be admin here if your klei id is on a adminlist.txt in the save folder of the server.

Server, run the nullrenderer exe from the Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server tools from Steam, this launches a console.

No game instance to play with directly, you just have a world simulation running on a port, that you can join via LAN or via the server list with your game.

You will be admin here if your klei id is on a adminlist.txt in the save folder of the server, or if you launched the server on the same computer that you will use to join.

Host Game, open game, click Host Game, then Generate or Resume game.

Your game instance is the world simulation and you interact directly with it.

You are admin here.

if you don't own the game, you are not allowed to mess around with it. But knowing how these apply would be great.

You can be a third party with access to the server console opened via the nullrenderer. You can input code on the console. And you don't need to own the game.

Archived