Settings.ini

Hi, I've installed the DST Dedicated server on a 32bit Linux box an everything seems to be fine with the install. Its asking me for a server_token which I've generated via the game, however the problem I'm having is I can't see to find a settings.ini file anywhere in the DST Server folders to enter the key.

I tried settings a forced directory and restarting but still unable to find it, am I being stupid?

I tried settings a forced directory and restarting but still unable to find it, am I being stupid?

No, you're not being stupid, it's not in an obvious place.  :)  Look for a ~/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether directory for the account on which you installed it.

You can just create a settings.ini manually, check this page for options.

As for the server_token, that's in a separate file.  You'll need to generate it on your workstation using the graphical client (instructions also on that page) and then upload it to your server. to the .klei/DoNotStarveTogether directory (or an alternate configuration directory if you're using one).

TL;DR version: Definitely check out that wiki page, as it has detailed instructions on how to get it working.

• Developer

Thanks everyone for providing the relevant help!

A default settings.ini should be be created the first time you run the server.

I know the token stuff is a little confusing right now,  I'll try to put together something more stream lined moving forward.

Thanks everyone for providing the relevant help!

A default settings.ini should be be created the first time you run the server.

I know the token stuff is a little confusing right now,  I'll try to put together something more stream lined moving forward.

Hi Mark,

Just FYI I've launched my server a million times and still haven't seen a settings.ini file get created automatically. I'm running Ubuntu Server 12.04 BTW

Thanks for all your hard work and a great game!

Archived