The Orchestra

CloakofCrow

(What level of brain shrivel is Shana having to deal with now exactly? Just so I know how crazy to make her.)

Shana nods weakly in response to the voice as she tried to piece together what happened. How was she awake? She hadn't fixed anything, had she?

What was she thinking. It was just any other night. She had a dream and woke up, even if it was rather vivid. That was all.

Ok, just to let everyone know where we are.

Ethel, Holly, Bonnie, and Wunan are in the nightmare realm. If you don't want to do the dream thing, tell me and we'll move on. Once you've finished the dream thing, you can either wake up (it's around 4 A.M) or have yourself a random dream. If everyone is done dreaming and you want it to be day, tell me and we'll progress further.

Jakob and Mena have been forced out of their dreams and are awake inside Disparel's lair like normal.

Everyone is free to do whatever they want and it is up to you guys to progress the roleplay. If you want to wake up and frolic around the town finding Turner's pieces. Do it. Don't let your dreams be dreams. Just do it! If you want to leave your room and punch Disparel in the face... Just... Do it! Yesterday you said tomorrow. Make your dreams come true. Just do it! 34924_54_pages_05_18170_588x448.jpg

(For some reason, that always get's people to do things. Even my stubborn friend did something he was supposed to when I played this video for him.)

"Hey! Hey! Where are we?" Holly shouted at the abomination on the other side of the jail cell, shaking the bars violently.

The aberration shifted its attention towards Holly, "Why haven't I said already? You are having a nightmare, as is everyone else here. Isn't it nice?" The creature transformed into a more human-like form and walked towards her cell. It flicked its fingers, causing it to dissipate and drop Holly to the ground in front of him. His cold hand reached for her face as he lifted it towards his. "What do you fear, my dear Holly?"

.......................................................................................................

An impish creature scuffled towards Shana and motioned her to follow.

"B-But death doesn't always have to happen! It says right here!" Holly fished the Vitanomicon(Supposing she had it in the Nightmare World) out of her dress pocket, and began flipping through pages. Along each of them were various sigils and unknown markings. "It's in here somewhere, I know it!" Holly explained.

"Let me show you something." It grabs her hand and a gust of wind blows into her face. They were moving, but everything was pitch black so it wasn't visually noticeable. They approach a lone figure, but it doesn't seem to notice them. "'The Phantom Hiraeth', we call him. He's been in this nightmare for a whole forty years, for he can't figure out how to end it. He can't die here, and his physical body is in a state of rest. Soulless and unaging through the passing of time. He is doomed to 'die' here in this plane of existence. Even though he will never truly 'die' in the sense you humans understand."

The lone phantom, stared into the emptiness of the nightmare realm when an orb of light appeared. He grasped it in his hands longingly, studying its unnatural luminescence. "Do you want to interact with him Holly? Learn the true meaning of death?"

Edited by CloakofCrow

(shia pls)

Ethel's eyes open to find he was in a void of darkness.

"Oh, great. Fantastic, still in this beautiful place."

Ethel tries to look for his flashlight, but it seems it has disappeared.

"Welp, there goes being able to see clearly. Maybe my book can help with this..."

Ethel tries to look at the pages in the tome, but it is too dark. He can barely see that the tome is open.

"Okay, guess I'm just going to have to walk slowly or something."

(School just started so yeah.)

"As you wish Holly." The phantom shifts his hollow stare to Holly, the eyes behind his cold metal mask sparking a sense of familiarity in Holly. Before anything could happen, the aberration took her out of the dream and placed her soul back in her physical body within the inn where she was sleeping. "Good luck out there."

The imp took Shana into the sun room and locked her in a cage. She could feel the unnatural heat of the orb within its obsidian container before it was even opened. One of the overseers asked Shana if she was ready telepathically.

The ground beneath Ethel squirmed as he placed his foot down. His tome glowed brightly compared to the darkness his eyes adjusted to, revealing thousands of shadowy snakes on the ground around him. He appeared to be within a catacomb of some sorts as the walls and ceiling were made of mossy bricks.

It is around 5 A.M now and the purple smoke that enveloped the town of Dent has dissipated. Which means you can wake up at anytime you want now.

(@Blazingice26, @Quiet, @Halved, @Blewcheese. Where are you guys? I know you just posted Quiet, but you need to do more before I have something I can work with. Actively seek out Disparel or something. As for the rest of you, you haven't posted all summer...)

(IIIIIII don't like where this is going. Brace yourself Shana.)

All she remembered from this place was a warm, comforting feeling. No pain, no suffering, just rejuvenation. So why was her heart pounding? Why did this place make her uneasy; fearful? She didn't know. She couldn't know. Reluctantly, Shana nodded in reply.

Edited by MenaAthena

Although Shana couldn't see the orb, she could feel it pass through her soul. The obsidian casing shattered into pieces so the light would flood the room and not be focused on a single place. Something tugged at her bones, refusing to be let free. Her heart pulsed ferociously and her blood flowed through her veins like magma. She could feel the darkness creep deeper into her brain to gain refuge until she lost consciousness.

"Disparel believes he can rid the world from darkness. He is partaking a fools errand, fighting a battle he cannot win. The only thing he wants is to gain more power for himself. Don't believe anything he says. You are a pawn, as is the rest of the world under his control. Use the fire he provides to see within the darkness of your mind, and find me."

Shana regained consciousness as the obsidian shards rebuilt themselves around the orb. She could feel the darkness creep back into her bones as the light was closed off. She felt sickly, but fire still flowed through her veins, giving her physical strength. The blindfold was taken off, revealing Disparel.   

Holly woke up with a gasp. She checked her surroundings, and saw that she was right where she was before she fainted. In the village looking for parts to Turner, with Bonnie, Ethel, and... Whoever that monkey guy was.

Edited by wxps350