The Orchestra

CloakofCrow

Jakob looks at the two other versions of himself, mentally devastated and all that dramatic stuff.  Finally, he decides.  "Neither of you have it right.  I won't give up my powers.  But I won't be used as a pawn.  That is final."

The two clones shake their heads.  "You will pay with your decision, then."  They say in unison.  Then, they vanish,

Holly stood up, and turned to the green woman. "I know what to do." said Holly. "I'll give my life for this world's, but you have to do something for me." The woman turned her head in confusion. Holly grasped the womans hand, and put a seed in her palm. "I want you to send this back to my world, as proof that I existed." The woman nodded, opened a green rift, and tossed the seed through it. "Very well." Holly put her hands onto the mound, and began channeling her vita into the soil. Almost instantly, the sapling began to straighten, and all signs of corruption began disappearing. But as the plant healed, her heart-rate began slowing. As the sapling began to glow a verdant green, Holly's vision blurred, her legs weakened, and she fell over. But for her, it was alright. The seed would grow into a plant, and it would stand as proof of what she did. The green woman looked somberly down at her, as her eyes closed, and drew her last breath.

Footsteps. The echo of three pairs of footsteps was all that penetrated the eerie silence of the empty, white backdrop Shana found herself walking in behind her parents, who stood proud and tall with their chins up and their wide, sure strides hiting the ground in sync. Not much could be seen of Shana herself, as a black cloak was wrapped around her form, concealing her; separating her from her bleak surroundings.

"You're a Fawnsworth, Shana," her mother began in an authoritative tone, "People expect the best from us. You can show no flaw; no weakness. Anything less than perfection is unacceptable."

Shana became suddenly aware of what she was walking on. It was a wide, elevated pathway, flanked on both sides by an endless crowded of vaguely humanoid black silhouettes that followed her every movement with red, unblinking eyes; their presence greatly unnerving the young girl.

Jakob is left in darkness for awhile. Then, the phantom that greeted them appeared, Jakob was within a barred prison. "Finished, are we? You've done very well so far, but your decision is flawed. You cannot simply keep your powers AND be freed from the fireward."

Jakob could see through the bars. The grotesque creature sat in the middle of a circle of cages. Each one consisting of a member of the group, unconscious.

"At least now you know that you've been used as a pawn by the Fireward... So I guess you're finished... Now, to answer your previous questions. I am not an executioner, I am here to make you, and everyone else, improved. I enjoy watching others struggle with things they aren't prepared, or expecting to face. If they don't have the willpower to do it, so be it. I don't care whether or not they wake up again. It's just more for me to watch. Wouldn't you find it entertaining as well?"

Edited by CloakofCrow

(Ethel came to understand that he has to find balance with the three states of being, which are light, dark, and neutral. He uses all three to defeat what happens if he goes too far in any direction.)

Consciousness seeped back into Holly, and she found herself lying on dark, cold stone. She rose to her feet, and felt a chill on her left hand. She took a look at her hand, and noticed it was once again flesh, not withered tree bark. She could hardly see in the darkness, and took a step forward. Immediately, she bumped into the bars of the cage, and staggered back.

"We're all done? That's a shame. The night isn't over..." The cages dissolve and everyone drops to the cold, black floor. "I hope you guys like it here because you'll be here again. Have fun with the rest of your sleep!" 

(You guys can either wake up or continue dreaming. It's around 3 A.M. and you can do whatever you want while dreaming. You're all still in the same room but the creature is gone.)

Edited by CloakofCrow

Disparel lounged back in a leather office chair, the mechanisms allowing him to lean back creaking as he shifted. The roaring flames of the furnaces that kept his stronghold heated brought him a sense of safety and homeliness. He kicked his feet up on his desk and lit a cigar, inhaling the smoke deeply into his lungs. Closing his eyes, he tried to empty his mind.

He wasn't able to hold it for long though, as always. He was a busy creature. There was always a problem to attend to with a position like his. "Sire." A voice in his head caught his attention. "May I enter?"

"Yes." He opened his eyes, smoke had accumulated from his cigar and clouded the room. One of the telepathic creatures entered the room, "What."

"Our guests are all sleeping."

"Is that so?"

"It would appear as if Oneiroi has taken hold of their minds."

Disparel rubbed head, seemingly aggravated, "Well take them out of it!"

"As you wish."

.....................................................................................................................................................

The fabric that held Shana and Jakob in the nightmare realm suddenly began tearing apart. Everything they saw in the nightmare realm began ripping apart and flying through the air like a vacuum into space. The nightmare realm warped around them until their minds rejected it and forced them out of their dream into reality.

(Meaning you wake up. Shana lost a lot of sanity while Jakob didn't lose too much.) 

Jakob awakens, feeling mostly normal beside the discovery that his order is corrupt and controlled him for half his life.

"Eh, we can deal with that later.  Let's go find Disparel and challenge him to a rematch!"

Okay, maybe not entirely normal...

"Deal with what later?" Solortus questioned as Jakob spoke to himself, "Ohh, and more fights!" The sword vibrated with excitement upon hearing he was going to get to feel flesh across its blade again.

"Are you alright?" A voice said inside Shana's head.

(People sleeping? Hellooo.)