The Orchestra

CloakofCrow

(@Halved? @Will? Blazingice26? Hellooooo?)

Holly ran over to the unconcious female, and crouched beside her. She checked for a pulse, and was glad when she found a faint one.

Upon exiting the cellar it was much darker than it was before, Opal lies upon the dirt, still unconscious (don't wake up until I say). It was a starless night, and an ominous cold settled upon the town.

Disparel steals the fire from a candle and spins it around his finger, "Sorry about your life Shana." He looks back up at her and opens his palm, making the flame flash a bright white while making an explosion sound with his mouth. He leaned back in his chair and did random things to keep himself occupied while Shana ate her cake.

Shana burst into a coughing fit, nearly choking on a bite of cake. Wether it was caused by Disparel's little mini explosion, his comment, or both you couldn't tell.

"Y-you mean you believe me? That I didn't intend to help them?" She asked, looking up at him when she recovered.

Shana nodded. "They made a surprisingly good case. Both mine and their versions didn't contradict any of the evidence. The reasoning they gave was that I was trying to get back at my parents for abuse of all things, and then afterwards claimed my parents paid off the judge to prevent further investigation and keep up their reputation. I guess if something is reported in the media and further twisted by rumour people are more inclined to believe it."

"Humans..." Disparel scoffed, "Too bored to do anything productive with their lives and they blame it on other people." He took a bite out of his cake, "This place here, this is a reality check. You are here for a reason, somebody thought it was for the best, so find out why."

Holly shook her head.

"No, but we can't just leave her there... Cmon, help me lift her up." Holly ordered. She then started pulling at the girls arms, looking at Ethel to lift her by the legs.

Edited by wxps350

Holly brought them into what appeared to be an inn. The room was clean, the lights were ablaze, and nothing looked like it were out of place or ruined. There was even a small basket of fruit on the counter.

(When night comes ;) But for now, boringness until people actually do stuff and eventually sleep *cough* people on the surface *cough*)

"Well I'm gonna go now. Be here in the morning." Disparel said to Shana in a commanding tone. He left and the servants cleaned up his setting and left Shana alone.

Edited by CloakofCrow

Ethel quickly places the mysterious girl on the bed, and then runs out to get the machine. He drags Turner through the door, and lays it down in the middle of the floor.

"Alright, so this is what we got from those creatures. It looked pretty important."

Ethel looks around the inn for some food, until he grabbed an apple from a fruit basket.

"I think it's some sort of robot. If we can get it working again, we might learn something. Hopefully those things didn't take too much from it..."

Ethel squats down to look at Turner, until he finds an on switch.

"Ah, here we go."

Ethel flips the switch, and backs up slightly.

(Ethel would have been too weak to drag him but for the sake of things taking too long to happen on the surface...)

To Ethel's surprise, it actually did something. The machine buzzed a little and a spark flung out here and there but it remained stable. An extremely robotic female voice, different from the one they heard before entering the town began speaking, "SYSTEMS ONLINE. MALFUNCTION, MISSING 80% OF ALL SYSTEMS. FULL OPERATION IS UNAVAILABLE. INFORMATION?"

Edited by CloakofCrow

"Okay, so it works... Where are we? And what happened to the people of this village?"

Ethel quickly looks around for something to write on in case the machine's audio sensors had been taken as well.

Wunan yawed idly as Ethel questioned the robot... Or, what was left of it, anyway. That Wunan was then tapped on the shoulder by another Wunan, and the former dissipated into clouds as the latter sat on the ground, watching Ethel with minimal interest.