The Orchestra

CloakofCrow

(I guess Quiet only writes cool stories if other characters in stories will say something entertaining afterwards. Not because it's a cool story that others want to hear, but because he wants a reaction that isn't how a character in the story would react.)

We have a winner, folks!

But seriously, your character's reactions are the only idea I can have of your reactions without an OOC part. 

(Meanwhile in a place Disparel isn't...)

Ethel grabs the book, looking at the cover.

"Another book? Wait... I think I saw Holly carrying this... Maybe it has something in it?"

Ethel opens the book, nervous as to what he'd find inside.

(Woo-hoo, something is happening now! Do I get a cookie?)

"Fine.  You want to hear the details.  Here you go."

The Kavaedras raises Jakob into the air, holding his legs off the ground so the last of his blood can drain down its throat.  Jakob's expression is one of horror as the last of his life begins to slip away.  The heat of the venom continues to increase until it feels like an inferno - then, through the dancing spots in front of his eyes, he sees why.  A wave of pure fire slices downwards out of the dark, slicing clean through several of the Kavaedra's tongues.  It makes an unnatural groan of pain, and looks around for the attacker.  Its third arm taps rapidly on the stone.  Suddenly, a dark figure hurtles downwards and slams his fist into its head with a brutal crack.  A supernova of flames erupts from his hand, blowing Jakob clear across the room and out of the circle of light. 

The Figure lands with a roll twenty feet away from the monster.  He quickly turns around, and his arms become engulfed in flame.  He stares at the Kavaedras.  Two of its eyes have popped like balloons, and are leaking a thin, dark yellow liquid.  The rest of them cast a baleful gaze upon him.

"You are one ugly motherf*cker."  (if only)  "Time to rid the world of your hideous visage."  Says The Figure.  The creature runs at him, moaning in its unnatural way.  He stands completely still until it is right on top of him - then, he pulls a massive scythelike weapon out of thin air, and hits the dirt.  The blade sticks straight up, and the Kavaedras runs straight into it.  Almost all the monstrosity's left side is cut away, providing Jakob with a detailed view of the beast's inner workings.  Somehow, it still lives, writhing and screaming and tapping furiously.  The figure calmly approaches it, and summons a globe of fire.

"Enjoy your last meal."  He says, shoving it down the monster's throat.  Its struggles in agony as its organs literally light up with a fiery light - then it explodes in a massive fireball as its insides split apart, blasting its remnants to ash.

Shana is so elated that Jakob-senpi decided to grace them with more of his tale that she jumps up and hugs him.

"So then what happened?" Shana asks, tired of Jakob stopping constantly in the middle of his story telling forgetting her shyness and her food in her state of awe.

The page Ethel turned to had a large black circle with 3 rings in the upper half, and at the bottom were 3 rows of 4 hieroglyphs, and the corner of each page had triangles with a leaf pattern. The center of the circle glowed a light green that grew and shrunk periodically. 

Meanwhile, Holly still struggled against the beast that kidnapped her. 

The Figure brushes a bit of dust off his shoulder, straightens his vest, and then walks towards Jakob.  He throws his scythe away; the instant it leaves his hands, it disintegrates.

"Still alive, are we?"  He says, putting his fingers under Jakob's chin and lifting his head up.  "Impressive.  Not many get half their blood sucked out and continue on with their lives."

He thinks for a couple seconds.  "Of course, you have me to thank for your survival...but still, impressive.  I could use someone like you."

Jakob looks up at The Figure weakly.  He leans down close to him, his face covered with a dark mask.  It is like a face, but without any features except for two glowing slits where the eyes should be.

"Forget everything you've ever known.  Forget the life you had.  They will be nothing more than burdens where you're headed..."

Ethel stares at the page, utterly clueless as to what it meant.

"What... what is this? Does my book say anything about this?"

Ethel pulls out his tome, and holds the two side by side. They looked different in every way, be it text, cover, or even the age of the tomes.

"This book has power, just like mine. I can feel it. That's enough messing around, though. We need to find Holly, guys. She could be lost, or hurt. It isn't safe here on your own, especially when it gets dark."

Disparel claps loudly, "Bravo, bravo. Now that's what's supposed to happen at the dinner table! Good stories and good food." At that, the servants brought out large platters of frog legs, potatoes, and all sorts of other things to eat. The steamy smell of everything could make anything go crazy with hunger. Each servant walked around with their own platter, displaying the food to each person and asking how much of it they wanted. Other servants went around refilling drinks and asking if they needed anything else.

"Finally..." Bengie mumbled as he poured food all over his plate.

The sky was beginning to get dark up above, so it is starting to get harder to see where Holly could have possibly gone...

"What??" Disparel questioned, drinking the rest of his wine so the servants could refill it before they left. "Old and hospitable?! Bah!" The demon shoved a morsel in his mouth and masticated it thoroughly, "Well, go ahead. What's up with the southern person?"