What... is this!?

My point is that WX-78 is like that.

A looney with a pierced can on the head and metal tubes on the body.

No, WX is completely different from that.

You can tell because The Solider (Jane Doe), Ms. Pauling, and The Heavy (Misha) used them as disguises to inflitrate the Robot HQ.

Plus, WX uses metal parts in his' Character Picture (seriously, look. at. it.).

No, WX is completely different from that.

You can tell because The Solider (Jane Doe), Ms. Pauling, and The Heavy (Misha) used them as disguises to inflitrate the Robot HQ.

Plus, WX uses metal parts in his' Character Picture (seriously, look. at. it.).

And this http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2010/237/b/1/Ironman_cosplay_3_by_SHIZUKE1984.jpg is Iron Man. And this http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/340/2/7/medieval_knight_strokes_hound_by_melesmeles_faber-d6wwm4m.jpg is a knight.

You can definitely cover yourself in metal.

WX-78 has bones, WX-78 has a skeleton, WX-78 has a soul, WX-78 has knowledge and creativity akin to a human's.

It is a very valid possibility that WX-78 is a human wearing metal.

or just a post-singularity robot who decided to make an skeleton-like structure to sustain itself, along with developing an intelect similar to humans by interacting too much with them. And who is to say that robots don't have souls? Or that humans have them, for that matter. For all we know, he could be a Horcrux made by Maxwell.

Or I'm just trying to incite some great discussion and falling flat because I'm the only one defending WX's robotness...

Or I'm just trying to incite some great discussion and falling flat because I'm the only one defending WX's robotness...

WX-78 can also be like an animatronic, with an internal skeleton made of something, in this case something disturbing like real bones, or maybe plastic bones. Maybe a robot puppet made by Maxwell, like the rooks and bishops, to complete Adventure Mode, rescue Maxwell, and be stuck in the Throne for the rest of eternity.

I expected something like that instead of "lol no ur dumb, ur metaphor is nothing because WX-78 is not spying into a robotic factory, ppl with metal on outside cant be ppl, just look the picture lol".

But that Wendy being an orphan thing is just my own speculation... is there any evidence otherwise?

I thought Wendy and Abigal were "hinted" in one of the Willaim Carter puzzles, not sure which one though. Anyways they were hinted through a letter from William's brother (I think) when he states "I can't believe you still haven't seen the twins." (Something like that) And when Wendy examines Maxwell she says something about "feeling a kinship with him" (Or something like that), not sure if this counts as proof agianst Wendy as an orphan or not, of if this is even relevant to what you said so I'll leave that to you...

And this http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2010/237/b/1/Ironman_cosplay_3_by_SHIZUKE1984.jpg is Iron Man. And this http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/340/2/7/medieval_knight_strokes_hound_by_melesmeles_faber-d6wwm4m.jpg is a knight.

You can definitely cover yourself in metal.

WX-78 has bones, WX-78 has a skeleton, WX-78 has a soul, WX-78 has knowledge and creativity akin to a human's.

2013-02-06_00007.jpg

Seriously, look at this picture. This is why WX is a robot. It has no heart, no brain, no other internal organs. There is no endoskeleton, there is no human body inside it.

>:c

P.S: I give up, this is my point. Seriously, I honestly don't need to provide evidence if you'll be all "WX is human" on me, WX is as robot in a cartoonish world.

There is no endoskeleton, there is no human body inside it.

WX-78_lightning_strike.png

No, I AM the one giving up, because clearly, Webber is a monster spider, and not a children swallowed by it, because I saw the image of Webber and there was no way something was inside, Webber is just a monster like a pigman. It is better to look at a cartoon piece of paper schematic instead of the cartoon character itself.

Of course, the schematic with no heart absolutely means no internal organs, and soulless people is a term that only applies to people without a soul, not people considered evil.

And I am not trying to prove that WX IS NOT a robot, I am saying that WX CAN be a human inside a robot, and that it would make sense.

2013-02-06_00007.jpg

Seriously, look at this picture. This is why WX is a robot. It has no heart, no brain, no other internal organs. There is no endoskeleton, there is no human body inside it.

P.S: I give up, this is my point. Seriously, I honestly don't need to provide evidence if you'll be all "WX is human" on me, WX is as robot in a cartoonish world.

^ This proves WX can not possibly be a human in a suit. "Soulless automaton", you can ignore the soul part because someone 'soulless' could just be referencing someone without emotions, which based on WX's quotes it fits that bill. The part that proves it is the word automaton. Automaton equates to automatic man, or a robot that can run by itself without human control, generally in the form of a human. That means no human controller can be responsible for WX's actions.

WX can get hurt because a robot can be hurt. If you've seen those robot fight pits or a car wreck you should know that much. For hunger WX could be running on a bio-fuel engine, and the 'monster' foods that hurts it are simply incompatible with the engine. For sanity, WX has to run off some form of AI. An AI can be damaged, scared, or otherwise driven off into what can be called sanity in the same ways a human can if it was designed that way. Just look at Cortana from Halo, she gets glitched to hell and back towards the end of the series. Or even the robots from Megaman, they were all driven away from their purpose and into some form of hatred-based insanity because they were programmed to have free will, which WX has as well. Sleeping gives WX's processors time to reboot and recollect themselves, regaining sanity, good fuels such as dragonpies could boost it by allowing the processes to function more quickly and efficiently, and the hats take the edge off the artificial fears that have been put into WX about monsters and darkness.

For the lightning strike, look at WX's design. A large portion of what is visible is metal plating, presumably to protect the gears and wires inside the frame. It's possible that the frame was built in one of two ways. One, the frame could be made to resemble a human bone structure, to further reinforce that it's supposed to be human-like in nature. If you look at the arms in the lightning picture you can still see the coils in the arms where it's connected, and the supporting bone structure could simply be made of a material other than metal which would show when the lightning hit (because everyone knows lightning makes metal and flesh see-through...). Alternately, the more macabre solution is that WX was built as a sort of Lazarus project. The bones could be the rotted remains of someone that was supposed to be revived by the metal suit and given full movement, but the personality was poorly transferred and became soulless and empty, eventually becoming an automaton carrying around a bunch of rattling bones on the inside as a reminder of someone who used to exist.

Either way, there isn't an actual person in there. WX wouldn't be an automaton if there was. The real question is whether he was built with a bone structure inherent within, or if there's actually someone's rotted body just sitting there inside like one of Freddy's henchmen. Probably the former, either that or none of the other characters have a sense of smell anymore since nobody complains about it.

Automaton (google):

1) a moving mechanical device made in imitation of a human being.

2) a machine that performs a function according to a predetermined set of coded instructions, especially one capable of a range of programmed responses to different circumstances.

3) used in similes and comparisons to refer to a person who seems to act in a mechanical or unemotional way.

Automaton (Merriam-Webster):

1) a mechanism that is relatively self-operating (robot).

2) a machine or control mechanism designed to follow automatically a predetermined sequence of operations or respond to encoded instructions.

3) an individual who acts in a mechanical fashion.

WX is an automaton because it's a delusional human with disdain for living things.

Have you never met anybody that would make you say "you are like a robot, XD"?

I certainly understand why WX, if assumed robot, can work, after all, why wouldn't it? It is introduced as a robot to us.

But your core point, "automaton", is flawed. I'm not denying that robots can be implemented or incorporated or exist or whatever, because it can be explained by reasons like you gave, or since there is a damn metal potato that makes you travel through space and time. I cannot fathom why the hell my idea can't even be considered. You just assumed way more than I did, even bringing stuff from other universes and fictions.

Since Webber exists, the possibility of having a guy with a plated piece of scrap on the chest is not illuminati conspiracy tier.

I'm not asking to consider WX a human oficially. Just let it be as an idea. A possibility.

No need for "ITS OBVIOS ITS ROBOT ONLY".

No, I haven't met anyone that I would call a robot. There's flaws in the human element to where a human can't eat spoiled food and be perfectly fine. I never said him being human wasn't an idea, hell there's probably going to be a skin for it with the upcoming feature for that. But in the vanilla game there just isn't any real reason to believe it is a person. (even in the game file's there's a third gender for 'it' specifically for WX since it's an automaton)

Also news flash: Automatons aren't particularly apparent in current generation technology. So no **** I'll be referencing other works of fiction. The fact still stands that you could potentially program a robot to function as a person which would include things that would affect it's apparent sanity. "used in similes and comparisons to refer to a person..." In similes and comparisons, not actually defined as the person. An automaton is a robot that is self-operating through commands coded into it, and not by someone controlling it. A factory machine that welds together car doors counts as an automaton, the only input it accepts is to turn on, and turn off. Otherwise it runs itself. Not a particularly exciting example, nor one particularly 'intelligent' enough to have a perceived sanity. So I wasn't just bringing **** in from other universes, I was relating concepts others have come up with about AI and how they work. I could've just gave you some random factory bot example and used that, but it's hard to see those as particularly intelligent since they aren't. They're made to do one task, and only that task. But they do it on their own which makes them an automaton.

I was saying that in regards to the vanilla game itself, WX is not a human in metal plating. Webber is literally a kid wearing a spider, the same basic taming effect happens when anyone wears a spider hat, and the silk beard is just from the spider not the kid. As to why the spider just lets itself be carried around, that's a question. Still no ideas on that one. "...or Webber, a young boy who lives inside the spider who tried to eat him long ago." - Straight from Klei via the RoG DLC description. http://store.steampowered.com/app/282470

Also, I never said that a guy in a metal suit was illuminati. Pretty sure you're the first.

Archived