What... is this!?

Some of these items might have already been added to the inventoryimages.tex file in the previous updates, but the last one made me take a look at it myself and I've found a bunch of items which haven't been posted on the wiki or the speculation/unimplemented items page. And just to make sure, I checked the RoG inventoryimages.tex, and while I have found a couple of other stuff I haven't seen before (the head of a scarecrow, some strange mushrooms and a bag) they already appear on the wiki.

q1Vx7Yf.jpg       y9Eeg9n.jpg       CwohF96.jpg    YSIbkjT.jpg    RMTBCfT.jpg

Oh, and also, gates as inventory images, which pretty much convinced me that they will be a real thing sometime in the future:

wuvOiOw.jpg

@ailailou, The key/lock thing is old, but I got the last patch's inventoryimages from my laptop (which was last updated on december 27th), and the rest are indeed new. Hah, so the unused asset remover thing doesn't protect them from leaks when they're updating a big bundled file like inventoryimages... :grin:

I'm looking at inventoryimages.xml to find their prefab names...

q1Vx7Yf.jpg Is this.... a BONESAWWWW?! ... yup, it actually is "bonesaw". Seth scores again...

y9Eeg9n.jpg This looks like a beat-up hat, to me. "hat_willow_orphan". I guess Willow has more changes in store.

YSIbkjT.jpg Honeycomb gate? ...? I don't know o_o. Apparently this is called "stemcell". ... huh. I'm trying to find the pun here, but it's not coming to me.

RMTBCfT.jpg A scroll, I guess? "treasure_map", apparently. Map sharing!?

The gates have been in inventoryimages forever, though, unfortunately.

Edit: Maybe "stemcell" is a pun on "stencil"? That might make sense if it played into a map sharing system or something. But that seems like a stretch.

Hah, so the unused asset remover thing doesn't protect them from leaks when they're updating a big bundled file like inventoryimages...
I'm actually picturing the Devs going "this new update has lots of new stuff, now let's just put it secretly in the files while we work on it and then officially put in the game in an update and just watch as they all go- nevermind Recibee and aiailou found it again..."

I'm actually picturing the Devs going "this new update has lots of new stuff, now let's just put it secretly in the files while we work on it and then officially put in the game in an update and just watch as they all go- nevermind Recibee and aiailou found it again..."

While this genuinely made me laugh out loud, the next part

Hah, so the unused asset remover thing doesn't protect them from leaks when they're updating a big bundled file like inventoryimages...

... makes me feel a little bit guilty considering that the devs have put effort into making sure no unwanted asset gets leaked between updates, though some compromises still have to be made (such as updating a bundled file like inventoryimages in one go). :( I check the game files thoroughly after every update (and this because I love the game and company behind it very much), but you know what they say, too much of something can be bad. If I'm doing more harm than good with posting my random findings, do let me know, dear Klei.

... makes me feel a little bit guilty considering that the devs have put effort into making sure no unwanted asset gets leaked between updates, though some compromises still have to be made (such as updating a bundled file like inventoryimages in one go). I check the game files thoroughly after every update (and this because I love the game and company behind it very much), but you know what they say, too much of something can be bad. If I'm doing more harm than good with posting my random findings, do let me know, dear Klei.
 Nah, I remember Mark saying something in the stream about those leaks being almost part of the routine now.

Honeycomb gate? ...? I don't know o_o. Apparently this is called "stemcell". ... huh. I'm trying to find the pun here, but it's not coming to me.

So... a cell (prison) made from... saplings? Or does it have something to do with cloning?

The different Versions of Puppets in every other world? O_O

Also, where would these things come from in the game? I mean... do we craft it? Harvest it? From what or whom?

And...

This looks like a beat-up hat, to me. "hat_willow_orphan". I guess Willow has more changes in store.

What? Willow could be the orphan, but with Wilson being her brother and all... they're both orphans then? Wendy probably? So Mr. and Mrs. Jack Carter died somehow? O__O

Is this.... a BONESAWWWW?! ... yup, it actually is "bonesaw". Seth scores again...

So... this is a Wilson being a crazy scientist thing again... will he dissect things or perform surgery? Or is this one just used for the /bonesaw emote?

@ailailou and @rezecib, you guys... now I'll be busy with these mysteries and I have to abandon humanity for a while while I ponder on these findings O__O

Archived