What... is this!?

@ailailou, Unfortunately I have bad news... Those builds had been in the game from the start of the beta (I'm guessing the artists just did all of the ghosts at the same time, since it was probably easier to do it that way from a design standpoint). They recently implemented a system that removes unused assets from the game files before updates get pushed, to avoid further leaks like the Slipstor. They added skeleton Wigfrid and Webber prefabs to try to keep their assets in, but forgot to reference the ghost builds, so they got temporarily removed. (this caused a pretty catastrophic bug with DST RoG Characters where the client could get stuck in a state of crashing on launch until you deleted the mod folder, which is one major reason why they brought the ghost builds back in)

So no more leaks in the future I guess.  :livid: I just realized that the mods adding the RoG characters were on the workshop since way back, including the ghosts. 

I am sure we will get our fancy puzzles or teasers showing us monsters and things we don't understand yet. So maybe this isn't so bad.

I always assumed they weren't leaks but purposeful previews for those looking as there hasn't been a trailer in a while.

However, if this thing is a real thing, looking at its similarity to a slurper, I would assume it's an above ground variation. It's too bright for the darkness of the caves. Red and whiteness might imply a new Winter creature. And the animation seems to be missing a frame from the spinning into the swelling, so I'm going to say, referencing other creatures unique abilities (ie, Slurper hunger draining, treeguard chance spawn, catcoon furballs), this one might be one that fuses together. This would explain the little biting motion in the beginning, and, if you layer three of three or four of the beginning frames, it would cover that sort of random swell.

This would also mean A) The little form is neutral B) The large form is probably hostile [Just like the tallbird...] as given by its wavy arm taunt, which further supports the theory of combination/fusion with its wavy movements like it's being "bigger" than the player. As an update, as the DLC gave giants, caves gave hard defense monsters, ruins brought nightmares and friendly rook, this in an update would perhaps add a variety of monsters that come together and, as stated at some point, that might be able to be made. Monsters that can be made. Weird. Well.... Wickerbottom and Maxwell technically already do that, I suppose.

Of course, I could also be completely off.

So there's my late theory.

Also, they might've accidentally let it slip... stor.

PS: I could never do those fancy puzzles. Ever.

I always assumed they weren't leaks but purposeful previews for those looking as there hasn't been a trailer in a while.

However, if this thing is a real thing, looking at its similarity to a slurper, I would assume it's an above ground variation. It's too bright for the darkness of the caves. Red and whiteness might imply a new Winter creature. And the animation seems to be missing a frame from the spinning into the swelling, so I'm going to say, referencing other creatures unique abilities (ie, Slurper hunger draining, treeguard chance spawn, catcoon furballs), this one might be one that fuses together. This would explain the little biting motion in the beginning, and, if you layer three of three or four of the beginning frames, it would cover that sort of random swell.

This would also mean A) The little form is neutral B) The large form is probably hostile [Just like the tallbird...] as given by its wavy arm taunt, which further supports the theory of combination/fusion with its wavy movements like it's being "bigger" than the player. As an update, as the DLC gave giants, caves gave hard defense monsters, ruins brought nightmares and friendly rook, this in an update would perhaps add a variety of monsters that come together and, as stated at some point, that might be able to be made. Monsters that can be made. Weird. Well.... Wickerbottom and Maxwell technically already do that, I suppose.

Of course, I could also be completely off.

So there's my late theory.

Also, they might've accidentally let it slip... stor.

PS: I could never do those fancy puzzles. Ever.

It seems like the slip/slipstor could be something like tallbird. Not sure if it would be hostile or not. It looks quite friendly tbh. For a moment I thought mayb be slipstop is slip and another creature combining together to form slipstor. But then again it's most likely just an evolving system. It would be awesome to have a creature turn from two creatures uniting together... Sounds a bit pokemon, but then again, pokemon has put its name in way too much stuff -.-

Silly idea: What if the slip wraps itself around a player, possessing them and turning them both into the slipstor?

I just got a horrible image of Wilson as Split face from The Thing. Who knew something adorable could be horrifying?

I always assumed they weren't leaks but purposeful previews for those looking as there hasn't been a trailer in a while.   However, if this thing is a real thing, looking at its similarity to a slurper, I would assume it's an above ground variation. It's too bright for the darkness of the caves. Red and whiteness might imply a new Winter creature. And the animation seems to be missing a frame from the spinning into the swelling, so I'm going to say, referencing other creatures unique abilities (ie, Slurper hunger draining, treeguard chance spawn, catcoon furballs), this one might be one that fuses together. This would explain the little biting motion in the beginning, and, if you layer three of three or four of the beginning frames, it would cover that sort of random swell.   This would also mean A) The little form is neutral B) The large form is probably hostile [Just like the tallbird...] as given by its wavy arm taunt, which further supports the theory of combination/fusion with its wavy movements like it's being "bigger" than the player. As an update, as the DLC gave giants, caves gave hard defense monsters, ruins brought nightmares and friendly rook, this in an update would perhaps add a variety of monsters that come together and, as stated at some point, that might be able to be made. Monsters that can be made. Weird. Well.... Wickerbottom and Maxwell technically already do that, I suppose.   Of course, I could also be completely off.   So there's my late theory.   Also, they might've accidentally let it slip... stor.   PS: I could never do those fancy puzzles. Ever.

hahaha!

XD that's (similar to) what I said :-)

@rezecib,    #$%^&*()IUHGRR%^&*()IJHGT^&*   my brain^   OK, theories/thoughts  (1) A mob related to the Depths Worm and/or Slurper (2)A new follower much like chester or glommer (3)A neutral/hostile mob that can be raised much like the tall bird (4)Is it just me, or does the slipstor(?)'s death animation look like it was betrayed (by the player? see #3^) or something? (5)Reminds me of a tree guard for some reason... (6)Why Slip(s) and Slipstor? (probably... hmm... see #1^) Spoiler   You have done this countr- er... forum-community a great service by finding this gem of a mystery

Now I know I'm not the only one :)

Archived