What... is this!?

Alright, I did some personal digging in the anim folder of dst and found some stuff which I have no idea what they are or what they might be. I did a throughout search of the wiki as well. I can't remember anyone posting these either, and I must say, I've been visiting the forums on a daily basis ever since the beginning.

So,

key
5KPbINY.png

keyholes

1B6rwJQ.png

These 2 don't appear in the in the RoG files.

@LoayzaPaul, yep, I know about those for quite some time now, and I found them on the wiki as well while searching for the keys. :grin: There just might be some correlation between those two. ;)

I just sorted the anim folder by date, and I tried to see the differences between the latest files and the ones from RoG anim folder. What I realized is that Klei pretty much updates stuff from a visual point of view to a higher resolution, making them more sharp and good looking. Some of the many examples:

hat_top updated today for dst

vRsIkBK.png

hat_top in RoG
ARBt9Zr.png

armor_wood updated today for dst
oKIhpgV.png

armor_wood in RoG
RIrsSwG.png

Keep it up Klei!  :loyal:  If any of the devs see this question, any chance to get a resolution bump on the RoG files as well? If not, would simply replacing the RoG anim files with the dst ones do the trick?

For Locked Chests maybe? Aside from the locked doors idea. Hmm... I wonder when they'll incorporate these in-game. Thanks for sharing what you found.

I can see it now

I lock my door, thinking I'll be safe when a willow comes along with a hammer/lighter and just hammers the wall segment next to the door, or lights the whole place on fire.

Wooden Doors were in the game files for a very long time, way before dst was even announced but I remember them being just drafts of a form of implementation of enclosing... something, but the idea was let off. The fact that we now have Moonrock Doors in the game files and a different version of the wooden ones pretty much confirms that at one point or another we will have gates in the game.

I found rocks that ive never seen in game before and i think these are new.

Ah yeah! A lot of those look new, though one of them I recognize as moonrocks that are in the game. Maybe they're just expanding the resource?

Also, that new creature is ADORABLE.  

one of them I recognize as moonrocks that are in the game

These are slightly diffrent from current moonrock boulders. Rocks from my post are listed in game as rock1-rock6, while rock7 is current version of moonrock boulder. Probably these rocks are alternative from current moonrock boulders. My favourite is the one that looks like current but is lighter and rocks inside are more black. (this is the one that you mentioned as current) 

Archived