Sign in to follow this  
Codyy

Great Game, Few Suggestions...

Codyy    10

I've been playing this game non-stop for the past few days and I find it incredibly addicting, but at this point, I'm kind of getting bored. I find the game getting kind of easy. I understand you're constantly updating the game and that's incredible and I appreciate it because not many games actually continue to update their game, let alone release it in the beta stage. One of the few suggestions I had was implementing a difficulty system, something that gave the enemies more health, and more damage, the higher the difficulty. I also feel like maybe there needs to be stronger enemies and more of a variety of weapons. It'd also be nice if rocks could be used for more things, maybe stone armor that made you move slower when wearing it, but offered more protection? These are just a few ideas I had. I'd love to hear some developer input as well as the community's.

mobius187    29
One of the few suggestions I had was implementing a difficulty system, something that gave the enemies more health, and more damage, the higher the difficulty.

Other players have made similar suggestions, as some would like the game to be more difficult, while others would like it to be easier. While I haven't heard anything official on this topic we can all hope something is implemented to address this need for the players.

I also feel like maybe there needs to be stronger enemies and more of a variety of weapons.

Well I'm sure the Devs are planning to add in more items, maybe not necessarily more "powerful" weapons, but at the very least ones that allow for new tactics. And as for stronger enemies... have you seen the teaser trailer with the Spider Queen?!? I think that fits exactly with what you're requesting.

It'd also be nice if rocks could be used for more things, maybe stone armor that made you move slower when wearing it, but offered more protection? These are just a few ideas I had. I'd love to hear some developer input as well as the community's.

Well historically we both know human civilization never invented stone armor with very good reason... it would weigh too damn much. :p

However there's always the need for more inventions that use existing resources, like stone. The Devs hinted that walls will eventually be added... maybe one type of wall might be made from stone?

Codyy    10

I'd really like to see a difficulty system implemented, you could say the game itself is at an "Easy" or "Normal" level. You could definitely add in a "Very Easy", "Hard", and "Very Hard" difficulty into the game without even adjusting any of the base values of the health or damage of the enemies. They could just increase it by a scale like 1.5x for the next difficulty and then 2.0x for the one after. As for my weapon suggestion, I wasn't talking about more powerful ones, I feel like the tentacle weapon is powerful enough in its own right, but it'd be nice to have some variety with weapons that had different drawbacks and advantages. I haven't seen the Spider Queen teaser trailer, where can I find it? Lastly, this game isn't exactly realistic... Stone armor could be added in without people really questioning it because I don't think any civilization has encountered swamp monsters. :p

mobius187    29
That's the only thing you chose to reply to? :/

Well if you prefer...

I'd really like to see a difficulty system implemented, you could say the game itself is at an "Easy" or "Normal" level. You could definitely add in a "Very Easy", "Hard", and "Very Hard" difficulty into the game without even adjusting any of the base values of the health or damage of the enemies.

Yes, this is similar to past suggestions. I know that some forum members have suggested more in-depth balancing for the difficult levels, ranging from increased/decreased hunger rate, increased/decreased enemy damage, increased/decreased number/rate of hounds, increased/decreased spawn rate for spiders from nests, how fast berry bushes respawn, how fast other resources respawn, and so on. The guiding rule being that in "Hard" difficulty the player's life became slightly harder each day, until it reached an inevitable point of failure (i.e. you died). Thus you could use this mode to gauge your true survival mastery. For "Easy" mode players wanted fewer random dangers, like the hounds, and few issues with resources. They wanted a non-stress atmosphere.

They could just increase it by a scale like 1.5x for the next difficulty and then 2.0x for the one after.

I think it would be best to either go with a system the enabled/disabled features or had specific settings for its modes, so "Hard" would always mean the same thing. This would make it easier to discuss with fellow players rather than needing to go into details about the specifics.

As for my weapon suggestion, I wasn't talking about more powerful ones, I feel like the tentacle weapon is powerful enough in its own right, but it'd be nice to have some variety with weapons that had different drawbacks and advantages.

Agreed.

Lastly, this game isn't exactly realistic... Stone armor could be added in without people really questioning it because I don't think any civilization has encountered swamp monsters. :p

True, but while I do want more uses for resources I didn't want to create anything that might be perceived as a linear tech tree. If a new armor were released I would hope it would bring something more to the table than just greater durability. It's the same issue as with adding new weapons. I just want there to be more to it.