Mandrake unravelled

LadyD

I found three mandrakes with the same generation in the same area, there was a path in a forest biome going up so I went up there was a circle of plains with a flower and a mandrake, go up a circle of plains with a flower and a mandrake, go up again and a circle of plains with a flower and a mandrake. Very cool it kind of sucks that the updates coming so I'll make a new world, and it will be lost.

Some important notes on the mandrake that I don't see in this post that I discovered during my toying with my three mandrakes. 1. Cooking a dead mandrake over a campfire will give you a cooked mandrake, but will also knock you unconscious. This will cause you to wake up at night, if you cooked the mandrake during the day, or wake up at dawn, if you cooked the mandrake at night.2. Putting a mandrake with fillers into a crock pot gives you mandrake soup.

I had 2 mandrakes following me to my camp, I was hoping they're reproduce... I think if you get 2 mandrakes together they should make baby mandrakes every few days if you pull them at night to ... you know... let them play! It's unfair we only get 3-4 per map and they don't respawn!

I had 2 mandrakes following me to my camp, I was hoping they're reproduce... I think if you get 2 mandrakes together they should make baby mandrakes every few days if you pull them at night to ... you know... let them play! It's unfair we only get 3-4 per map and they don't respawn!

About that...The wiki states...

that mandrakes, cooked, put into soup, or eaten raw, restore health by 100 and hunger by 100. That is your entire health and hunger bar unless you are playing as Wolfgang. Allowing players to in effect farm mandrakes would be pretty effin' OP.

Finite resources are never fun in my opinion. A small chance of new Mandrakes reappearing or a sophisticated (and dangerous) way to make this happen would be interesting. It would also encourage exploration - always a good thing. Just make them available to find only at night to encourage high risk - high reward night time expeditions.