Merry Christmas klei people!

Rabbitfist

electronics conflicts with giving gifts and snow? how so?

It doesn't conflict with that part. Me and my brothers have been to busy on the electric brain suckers to talk and spend time with them. So he finally put his foot down and said that on Christmas we're going to put them down and talk to eachother.

Y'know, I personally find the idea of banning electronics in favor of social interaction to be kinda balderdash.

For example, I find that video games are not infrequently a social activity. For practically my whole life, I've bonded with family and friends over video games, whether we're playing a multiplayer game, or just watching each other play. For the former, the interaction is obvious, and in the latter case we're often discussing the game or strategies or just talking about something completely unrelated. For example, my brother and I have been playing through Paper Mario together over the last few days.

What would I do if I wasn't able to use electronics? I can name at least one thing; I'd read a book. That's a completely unsocial activity.

Of course, that's just me. And the issue in question here is about spending time with grandparents, who are probably gonna be less into electronic forms of media and communication.

Wait, that's not what this topic is about at all. Uh. Merry Christmas, folks.

Archived