Sign in to follow this  
antso

How does the bee/flower/butterfly system work?

antso    10

Do anyone know how the system works?

I got around 20-30 flowers planted from butterflies around my beeboxes. But still I see bee´s flying away far away, so i Pick up the flowers so they´ll stay near the first flowers.

But is there a system which means a flower can only be used by a bee once a day or so? I was wondering, also if butterflies can spawn from my newly accuired planted flowers?

If so the system will be stabile and honey will be flourishing like the honey is already being made faster but I´m still unsure on these 2 things.

If anyone knows or has gone this much in-depth it would be highly appreciated.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn´t find any answer on these exact questions

Zind    10
I was wondering, also if butterflies can spawn from my newly accuired planted flowers?

I can only answer that : yes, they do.

About the bees, I have no idea what's the logic behind their behavior. I have 2 bee boxes and planted around 50 flowers around them (which should way more than enough since there's only 6 bees per box), and yet some bees still wander very far away to harvest other flowers.

I also tried to remove all the unwanted flowers around my base, but they seem to respawn naturally.

poulaillere    10

Hi,

Bees seems to fly randomly from flowers to flowers. That being said, from time to time they fly so far away they get lost and dont come back to the beebox.

Like @Zind said, you need to plant flowers near your beebox, and to avoid loosing bees, plant them in 3/4 differents spots (say 15 flowers /spot) with a bit of distance between them.

That way bees fly from spot to spot.