Sign in to follow this  
Filosifer

Adventure Farmer and Crock pot made easy

Filosifer    10

Currently the pathway to a farmer is way too easy with seeds practically thrown at your feet wherever you go.

Why not have the plants grow in the wild and you have to search and collect the fruit to harvest the seeds or dig up the plant and plop it in your farm. The wild plants grow as if they were on turbo farms so you wouldn't want to always dig them up straight away. The wild plants will bear fruit everyday unless an animal has eaten it or it is winter. Dug up plants will only bear fruit as fast as the type of farm they are planted in and must be fertilized as normal while plants grown from seeds will need to be replanted after every harvest. Maybe have a farmer character where all seeds grown don't need to be replanted.

With the crock pot it is tedious to always drag each individual item to the pot. Why not have a drop down menu like science machine of all the recipes you have discovered and with any possible combinations available depending on whats in your inventory.

mobius187    29

I agree that birds drop seeds far too often, and the handicap (i.e. not knowing the type of seed) isn't that severe. I wouldn't mind having to find wild fruits/vegetables and then collecting seeds from them. The problem is, how would it work? I don't want a scenario like in Minecraft where, after you sacrifice a few wild crops for seeds the turnaround from grown crops creates a huge surplus of seeds. Maybe there should simply be fewer birds...? Or further reduce the odds they'll drop seeds?

Also, I have no issue with the crock pot. I like the mystery of discovering cooking formulas for yourself. :)

Filosifer    10

Every time you harvest a plant you get a fruit and a seed, you can also feed the fruit to the caged bird for additional seeds.

With this you can control how many seeds you can get. I reckon the birds should only rarely drop a seed so its more of a valuable loot than pocket stuffing.

With the crock pot you have to discover the formulas first before it is listed and it will only then show up if you have the required ingredients in your inventory.

mobius187    29
Every time you harvest a plant you get a fruit and a seed, you can also feed the fruit to the caged bird for additional seeds.

No, you just get the fruit/vegetable that you harvested. You only get the seeds if you feed them to your pet bird.

With this you can control how many seeds you can get. I reckon the birds should only rarely drop a seed so its more of a valuable loot than pocket stuffing.

Well it should be more of a gamble, like 0-5 seeds, so you risk feeding them a fruit/vegetable and getting nothing in return.

With the crock pot you have to discover the formulas first before it is listed and it will only then show up if you have the required ingredients in your inventory.

This reminds me somewhat of Fallout 3, and how the Survival skill unlocked recipes at the camp fire. :)

Filosifer    10

Sorry I didn't phrase it properly, I meant that the current system should be changed so that you get a fruit and a seed per harvest. Since in real life not all fruits harvested will be edible due to pests etc, so you can still use the seeds from the unusable fruits.

Also I meant that the random birds that appear everywhere should only drop the seeds rarely but feeding the the caged bird will still drop seeds normally.

Ora    10

As it stands, birds drop seeds so often I am constantly using them as fillers in crock pot recipes just to get them out of my inventory and constantly wandering around with a stack of 40 toasted seeds as emergency rations. Seeds drop so damned often that I could probably survive off collecting and roasting seeds alone. Who needs farms and crock pots? So yeah. I totally agree that they really need to dial back on the seeds.