Sign in to follow this  

Lolinder    10

Chrome web store says that my computer is not supported, and therefore will not allow install.

"This application is not supported on this computer. Installation has been disabled."

Edited by Lolinder
added quote

Syd    233

I had gifted one of my Steam copies to a friend that runs Linux, but I haven't heard from him whether it runs with Wine or not.

Unfortunately, he's offline at the moment but I'll ask him about it when I see him back online.

Syd    233

My Linux buddy is online, and will be able to test it the Steam version out with Wine later on.

In the meantime, have you tried running the Chrome demo with NaCl? I've heard that the Chrome version of Don't Starve runs just fine with NaCl.

Lolinder    10

The setup instructions are for if you actually want to write such programs. Do I run through the same process to install it just for running?

Syd    233

I honestly don't know. I'm just going off of what I've heard on the internet. I run Windows myself, though I know quite a few Linux users.

Lolinder    10

It looks like Native Client should be automatically used for running purposes. Anyone know what makes Google Chrome say that my computer isn't supported? I know others have gotten Ubuntu to work, and Mint is hardly different.

Syd    233

Ah, good. If you get it all set up, let me know how it runs.

I think it'd be great if Don't Starve got official Linux support. I know that Klei has plans for a Mac version of the Steam client (and the Chrome version already supports Mac), and it's (usually) not a very big leap to go from Mac to Linux. Plus, the Linux version of Steam is coming Soon.