Dragon Wolf Leo

[Tutorial] Using Extended Sample Character Template

Clopen    11
On 2/8/2019 at 8:07 AM, Topaz_Chaz said:

Hey, would someone be willing to help me? I'm modding for DST, but it crashes as it loads the world. I have no idea what to do. I'm stuck. Here's the client_log file. Thanks!

client_log.txt

"[00:04:46]: [string "scripts/util.lua"]:550: Could not find an asset matching images/avatars/avatar_phelps.tex in any of the search paths."

You're missing that file.
Check that you have an image called "avatar_phelps.png" in images\avatars and make sure you let the autocompiler run its course.
You should be able to see it say that it's processing that file, I think.

As a general tip, whenever you encounter a crash, search the log file for the first time the word "error" appears and look around there.
The line I just copied appears one line above the first time "error" shows in the file.

BubaDuba    0

Hey, I'm having trouble figuring out by what you mean by "Downloading a mod". I want to make a mod from scratch, and I have virtually no coding skills. Is there any way you can help me with that? Thanks.

HiddenRealm    0

So, I've come to notice an issue when using GIMP to edit the face files, (And other pngs), where it seems to not like the exported images, despite having opened the original sample ones, editing over top of it, never cropping or changing it's literal dimensions, and exporting over top of the file again, it seems to not like this at all.

I'm just not sure if there's any other way to edit these pngs without somehow causing it to not want to be compiled?

Here's what the compiler says when attempting this:
image.thumb.png.1ab9125875c98ec44d1375fe51decd27.png
The last part, where it successfully compiles, is where I replaced all of the images I had edited, and of course it works fine then.

thekrocker    0

Hey guys. Is this still working? I need to create a new character but i read that it is not working anymore? 

Anyone did lately? 

HiddenRealm    0
9 hours ago, thekrocker said:

Hey guys. Is this still working? I need to create a new character but i read that it is not working anymore? 

Anyone did lately? 

It should still be working.

20 hours ago, HiddenRealm said:

So, I've come to notice an issue when using GIMP to edit the face files, (And other pngs), where it seems to not like the exported images, despite having opened the original sample ones, editing over top of it, never cropping or changing it's literal dimensions, and exporting over top of the file again, it seems to not like this at all.

I'm just not sure if there's any other way to edit these pngs without somehow causing it to not want to be compiled?

Also regarding my issue earlier, I basically just took all of the edited images into Paint.net and then saved them from that, and now everything is working, so something about how GIMP exports png might cause issues with the compiler.

Is there a video walkthrough for the DST edition one, or do I just follow the same way the older walthrough does?

I've been having issues in making my mod, it won't explain to me why the mod does not work, and even the logs don't say anything, I really hope there will be an up-to-date video, though! ;-;

Enderia    0

When I'm following everything it replaces esctemplate with charactername in 71 files, not 33.

The first time it worked normally but when I tried to do second mod everything went wrong in both mods, I don't know what happened, I've done everything in the same way.

TheFlorifant    11
Posted (edited)

hmm, how would we go about implementing pigtails? like Willow has?

EDIT: figured it out

Edited by TheFlorifant

Logan601    0

Hi, Thanks for the tutorial. I just have one problem though,
Whenever I try to start up a world with the mod enabled, it will crash, I checked the logs and one of the lines it has confuses me. It would say:
"error loading module 'speech_Logan' from file '../mods/Logan the Tech-Savvy\scripts\speech_Logan.lua':"
and
"[string "cannot OLDFILEACCESSMETHOD @../mods/Logan the Tech-Savvy\script..."]:392: unexpected symbol near '/'"
Do you know any way to fix this?

MimPlays    0

I followed the video, and the text guide. It says it found 21 instances and 1 instance of esctemplate to change to my character name. Then i save and open the modmain and everything still says esctemplate :( When I run the search again it says 0 instances of esctemplate are found but they are still in the modmain file. Did all the other steps and cant open the compiler :/

FoXgalletaS    0

For each new person, I would like to tell you the following:

1.- Although this template is outdated, it works perfectly in DS (I still haven't tried anything in DST)

2.- If you have problems, this link could help you 

3.- And if you're done with art and want to add special objects or features to your character, this other link will help you 

4.- And in addition to being updated (supposed), this guide will also help you if you are modifying in MAC 

This is the best I could rescue after reading each comment for hours. I hope it serves.