[Tutorial] Using Extended Sample Character Template

Dragon Wolf Leo

Hi @butlerkitties, welcome to the forums!

Create a new topic in the DST Modding section posting your code and crash error message so someone can take a look.

Hi @Ellittest, welcome to you too!

Looks like your mod is for DST, so I'd advise you to also post in the DST Modding section.

And welcome to you too, @LetsboxtheFox!

Create a topic with your code and error message in the DS Modding section or DST Modding section accordingly.

untitled_by_lazybluheadquarters-dbfb2ix.Hey! I'm having issues with the prefabs for DST, as far as it mentions here. I am slightly confused and I've tried fixing it myself, but it still works just the same. I'm lost since the folders are where they're supposed to be and are also renamed as the character? Capitalizations I'm pretty sure are correct, since I've checked multiple times.

This is the only problem I've stumbled across and I'm wondering how I could fix it, please?

I've edited inside the prehab, but the only thing I had edited was the sanity max.

I know the guide literally says don't mess with the dimensions, but my character's hair is too large, is there any way to get the hair to be in the right place either by changing the pivot points or some other means(preferably). If not the case, could someone explain how to edit pivot points, I have the equation

"New

Spoiler
Spoiler

There's nothing here I just don't know how to get rid of spoiler tag on mobile.

Pivot = (OldLength*OldPivot((NewLength-OldLength)/2))/NewLength"

How do I find the Old Pivot and how do I add the new pivot to the right place? And would I do the same equation for both Length and Width to get an (x,y) point and make that the new pivot point?

okay so um, everytime I try to check out how the character looks in game, it's just invisible, there's nothing there,  I figured out how to change the character's dialogues, but I just can't see the character in game. It can be attacked and all, idk why it doesn't appear.

On 16/07/2017 at 7:30 AM, FashionablyRin said:

I know the guide literally says don't mess with the dimensions, but my character's hair is too large, is there any way to get the hair to be in the right place either by changing the pivot points or some other means(preferably). If not the case, could someone explain how to edit pivot points, I have the equation

"New

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

There's nothing here I just don't know how to get rid of spoiler tag on mobile.

Pivot = (OldLength*OldPivot((NewLength-OldLength)/2))/NewLength"

How do I find the Old Pivot and how do I add the new pivot to the right place? And would I do the same equation for both Length and Width to get an (x,y) point and make that the new pivot point?

I have the same problem as FashionablyRin there.

I was making a character but I had to change the dimensions of the tail.
Initially I'd tried to make it split up for every segment of the tail as it is in the base mod. and it was going well until one of the standing animations makes the tail uncurl and it all split apart.
Eventually I just ended up making it all one object, the first tail segment.
But of course to make it all fit I had to increase the canvass size to 200x200
31d07a42bca37e0326746724a2135eb0.pnge862c5289aa2cef2e6a637dd38b110c8.png

I use Spriter and I know how to set pivot points in there, I think. But when I click "Overwrite default pivot" it throws off the position of the tail on the other facings, and then in game it never seems to do anything.

Though looking at an old screenshot I must have done something, cus apparently it used to be worse. The problem is that the tail is too low down on the body. It's been a while since I've been trying to fix this issue so I'm a little rusty on some things.

Anyway, I'll attach all the necessary files below as well as some screenshots. Any help would be highly appreciated.
The tail doesn't even look too bad from the back in the lower position, but frontwards it is too low down. And I don't suppose there's any way of placing it differently with different facing positions.

fc5e05e23d018d3c793197c79f55f040.png38d90b53af396640921b37d739a24a84.png00ad85df0bce2f48d28aa9000e00f6dc.png <- too low down see

Strangely the bounding box around it in Spriter is clearly not an exact square. Don't know if that has anything to do with it.
But yeah I don't even begin to understand what that formula means or how or where to implement it. So anything just using spriter or simpler notepad++ editing would be helpful.

Tene.zip

modinfo.lua

modmain.lua

• Like 1

So I renamed all the files, and got the Mod Tools... but when I try the auto-compiler, it doesnt work? It appears and then disappears speedy quick, and the correct files dont reappear in the anim and bigportrait files, etc. The mod appears in my game's list of mods, but it says the creator of the mod is "unknown" (I changed it to my name in the .lua files) and the compatibility is unknown, too. 

Going into the game to select a character, the character doesn't even show up. I really need some help so I can begin drawing the images for my character. 

I am also getting a crash after doing the renaming part of the tutorial (not DST, SW version).

Followed every step, tried it three times. No luck, the moment I click "I Understand" it's dead. People who solved this issue in this topic didn't give solutions, just said "I found it nevermind". Does anyone know what the solution was?

Can replace images without an issue.

Hey guys! So I'm trying to create my OC and I don't want to give up just yet but I can't figure out why it wont work. I changed the headbase/headbase_hat and that was able to be inputed into the game, but when I tried to edit the facial expressions, the template ones keep showing up in the game. When looking at Spriter, you can see the facial expressions that I drew rather than the template's.

Hello! It's my first time doing this and I'm not really sure if I'm doing it right. I changed the shoes and I tried to run the character mod on Don't starve together. The mod pops up under mods as it should but when I am in the character select screen, there's nothing there. I don't know why. :')

image.thumb.png.486aaac44c0727e805764599d61dd5d4.png

image.thumb.png.359711f5c0ced9cd6c607ab7a25b7586.png

Hi everyone) 

I've been working on a mod of my own, for DST, and everything works fine except for one thing: the character name image on the screen which comes right after the character select screen does not show up. 

It seems to have compiled just fine, as i've opened the tex file itself, and it's the name i need. Also, it doesn't show up even in unchanged template. Can anybody please tell me how to make it work? Thanks in advance!