Don't Stave Together Frontier Pack: Now Available on Steam!

@1337bignose, I'll try to break this down a bit. But first, I'm only a moderator of on theese forums, and not one of the game developers. So this is just information I have gathered by reading most of the forums, listening to devcasts, talking to game devs and redaing newsletters, twitter and so on.

The frontier pack can be bought only for yourself since there is a loyalty discount attached to it. You get a discount for owning DS and therefore you cant gift it, since there is no way of controilling that the person you gift it to also have that same loyalty discount.

You can how ever gift the extra copy of DST wich is included in the pack and part of the deal.

The devs do not have any plans of releasing a giftable version of only DST at the moment. They have their reasons, but I dont have any details on it.

Exactly why the mega pack is giftable and the frontier pack isn't I could only guess. But it also has to do with Steam policys. I would assume that the total prising of the Mega pack is different and does not include the same loyalty discount. But thats just a guess.

And they are not trying to push the Mega pack. It is simply an "all in one" deal. Where you get all DS related products. The main release here is the frontier pack wich is meant to go directly to the player who does the purchase and one more person that recieves the giftable copy.

The initial plan wasnt even to sell DST at all, it is something they decided on due to an overwelming demand and crazy trades going on in the forums. So we should be happy that we can even get access at this moment.

Also, due to this demand they somehow needed to restrict the amount of people getting in to DST. Otherwise the servers would probably collaps. Not releasing it for free at this moment, not having cheap giftable versions; and the Steam limits working the way they are. Are all helping with keeping the players at a managable rate.

I hope this clears some things up

The easient way for you to play with your friends, is that one of them buys the frontier pack. then that person will get two keys, one for himself and one for the other friend. You could even gift the standard DS to one of them, then he will have access to the $5 loyalty discount.

@1337bignose, I'll try to break this down a bit. But first, I'm only a moderator of on theese forums, and not one of the game developers. So this is just information I have gathered by reading most of the forums, listening to devcasts, talking to game devs and redaing newsletters, twitter and so on.

The frontier pack can be bought only for yourself since there is a loyalty discount attached to it. You get a discount for owning DS and therefore you cant gift it, since there is no way of controilling that the person you gift it to also have that same loyalty discount.

You can how ever gift the extra copy of DST wich is included in the pack and part of the deal.

The devs do not have any plans of releasing a giftable version of only DST at the moment. They have their reasons, but I dont have any details on it.

Exactly why the mega pack is giftable and the frontier pack isn't I could only guess. But it also has to do with Steam policys. I would assume that the total prising of the Mega pack is different and does not include the same loyalty discount. But thats just a guess.

And they are not trying to push the Mega pack. It is simply an "all in one" deal. Where you get all DS related products. The main release here is the frontier pack wich is meant to go directly to the player who does the purchase and one more person that recieves the giftable copy.

The initial plan wasnt even to sell DST at all, it is something they decided on due to an overwelming demand and crazy trades going on in the forums. So we should be happy that we can even get access at this moment.

Also, due to this demand they somehow needed to restrict the amount of people getting in to DST. Otherwise the servers would probably collaps. Not releasing it for free at this moment, not having cheap giftable versions; and the Steam limits working the way they are. Are all helping with keeping the players at a managable rate.

I hope this clears some things up

The easient way for you to play with your friends, is that one of them buys the frontier pack. then that person will get two keys, one for himself and one for the other friend. You could even gift the standard DS to one of them, then he will have access to the $5 loyalty discount.

DS 9$ + DST(from FP, non dst user only purchaseable) 5$ = 14$

DS + DST (from MP, dst user purchaseable) = 17.25$ (RoG is  useless, unwanted)

NtcCjzl.png

Megapack could be a 5$+5$+3.35$=13.35$

but in steam pages, each loyalty discount price 13.35$ is turn in to 17.35$ on package price.

it's not a loyalty discount. that's why i'm saying it just showen like fraud.

so, you have to deliver this issue to relevant department.

Megapack could be a 5$+5$+3.35$=13.35$ but in steam pages, each loyalty discount price 13.35$ is turn in to 17.35$ on package price.
 Your math is wrong. The $5 price on the Frontier Pack that you're quoting does not include a copy of Don't Starve. Only the $20 version includes that, so it should be $5+$20+$3.35=$28.35

Archived