Don't Stave Together Frontier Pack: Now Available on Steam!

I have been trying all morning to purchase the Frontier Pack as a way to get DST keys for friends at five dollars a key, and I am unable to purchase the Frontier Pack, either for myself, or as a gift.

I have four friends I was planning to buy keys for at 5 dollars per key.  None of those purchases are happening now.

I have seen that the problem with people being unable to purchase DST keys has been 'fixed'.  It hasn't.

Anyone actually know what's going on here?

vOo8Y28.png

I have been trying all morning to purchase the Frontier Pack as a way to get DST keys for friends at five dollars a key, and I am unable to purchase the Frontier Pack, either for myself, or as a gift.

I have four friends I was planning to buy keys for at 5 dollars per key.  None of those purchases are happening now.

I have seen that the problem with people being unable to purchase DST keys has been 'fixed'.  It hasn't.

Anyone actually know what's going on here?

vOo8Y28.png

I think the problem might be because you already own a DST key and used it for that account. If so, you won't be able to purchase Frontier packs :( This is due to the steam policy on loyalty discounts (or something). If this is the case, you can however, you can still purchase the megapacks for keys.

The problem most people were having was the Discounted price was not showing up. Which seems to have been resolved earlier today.

@Toshi, Steam/Valve is bugged out right now, it's showing incorrect prices for some people, while others who ARE seeing the correct prices aren't able to purchase at all. You're not doing anything wrong =)

/i'm experiencing the same sort of problem: I own the game and the frontier pack is $5, but it won't let me buy it or even gift it. any ideas when this might be fixed?

Edit:

just saw the rest of the posts. yes, i already own a key for DST, but i was haping to get keys for my friends. what is this "megapack" of keys and where do i get it?

very disappointing pack, i already own DS, DS:RoG and DST so i'm unable to purchase DST for my friends (that also own DS and RoG) as a gift for holidays...

*sad*

maybe you can release a single DST key available to be gifted right away?

Just wondering I already own DST and DS would that have anyway of excluding me from buying the frontier pack as I want to gift the game and the 2 DST keys to my friend when I try to buy it this text shows up:

1Your account already owns some of the above items, so you can’t purchase them again. You can purchase these items as a gift or adjust the contents of your cart to continue.

"Two Packs" is only available to those who don't already own the game. Once you've completed your transaction, you'll be able to give your extra copy of the game to a friend using the Steam client.

If you'd like to purchase any other games as gifts, please do so in a separate transaction.

The green buttons saying purchase for myself and purchase as a gift or grayed out (unclickable) Please if someone could tell me why it is not working or what I am doing wrong thanks Owen :)

This has to do with a steam policy. So you cant buy the frontier pack for a friend if you already own DS and DST im afraid.

You can however buy and gift the mega pack wich includes DS, RoG and two copies of DST.

Or you can gift the standard dont starve, and your friend can buy DST for $5.

very disappointing pack, i already own DS, DS:RoG and DST so i'm unable to purchase DST for my friends (that also own DS and RoG) as a gift for holidays...

*sad*

maybe you can release a single DST key available to be gifted right away?

@Slynx I'm looking for the exact same thing: a christmas gift for my friends. But since i already own DS and DST it's not really worth it to buy the megapack and receive...the ROG dlc? and 2 copies for my friends. but then what do i do with the SP version? I feel like Klei should come out with a standalone, maybe make it not as good a deal as the frontier pack, but a better deal for users who don't really need to purchase the megapack. I dunno, but if any standalone DST version comes out, I'm buying 4 copies for my friends. It's just not worth it to spend $45 on that though! DST is great, but I don't have that kind of money to spend on Steam.

Hey Denaret, I will try to keep this simple for you. You will get Don't Starve Together when it is "FULLY" Released, If you want to play in "EARLY ACCESS" you must buy the "FRONTIER PACK" :-)

But if you wait you will get Don't Starve Together for FREE When it is finished.

Hope this helps.

PS. If you already own Don't Starve, the frontier pack will be $5. (and you will get 2 keys for DS Together)

If you do NOT own don't starve currently the frontier pack will be $20 and come with a copy of Don't starve for yourself and the 2 DST keys.

Ty Krypto you open my eyes on true =P

Hey Denaret, I will try to keep this simple for you. You will get Don't Starve Together when it is "FULLY" Released, If you want to play in "EARLY ACCESS" you must buy the "FRONTIER PACK" :-)

But if you wait you will get Don't Starve Together for FREE When it is finished.

Hope this helps.

PS. If you already own Don't Starve, the frontier pack will be $5. (and you will get 2 keys for DS Together)

If you do NOT own don't starve currently the frontier pack will be $20 and come with a copy of Don't starve for yourself and the 2 DST keys.

Ty Krypto you open my eyes on true =P

@yakman3, Im sure there will be additional bundled prices witd DST after release as well. And I dont want to speculate in those since I have no idea about it. But yes, since the mega pack is giftable at discounted price right now. That doesnt sound like a bad option to me.

@LeChuck, The only official statement right now is that there currently is no mac support. But im sure they are working on it.

So, my brother and I already had the base Don't Starve.  I realize we both get DST for free when it fully comes out.

BUT.... my brother was confused and just bought the frontier pack and gifted me the second copy.  So now here are my three questions:

If I wait for DST to be fully released and do not claim the gift copy now, will I have DST for myself for free, plus that gift copy I can re-gift to a third friend?

What happens if I claim the gift copy now?  Will I get another copy of DST when it comes out fully (my "free" copy because I purchased it earlier?)

Since my brother went ahead and bought it without waiting, does he get a second DST copy when it comes out fully?

Basically I'm trying to decide whether it's worth it to claim the gift now or hold on to it so my third friend doesn't have to pay $20 when it comes out for real.

cptCalavera, just ask something.

i got all DS, ROG, DST(from CB email).

and i don't care about discount or not.

i just want to buy frontierpack and play dst with 2 friends.

but seems i can't buy DS Megapack or Frontier pack in steam either.

mUEBPeC.png

i already chrage steam wallet to my account, but it's quite disappointing.

it's too confuse with announcement. if discount & steam policy is problem, just don't do the  discount things, and just sell it.

it's totally block the method to play DST with friends.

and if you want fullprice 20$ x 2 = 40$ to i play DST with friends, just make it to even we can purchase the game.

after this problem, i can't even gift original DS to friend for future official DST release.

this discount paradox is totally can't understand & unacceptable.

Well. The current discount system is a steam thing so Klei cant do anything about the current sityation. But once DST is fully released you will be able to gift that. And you can always gift the money, and let people buy the packs for themselves.

But are you sure you cant buy the mega pack as a gift? Cos you are supposed to be able to do that.

Well. The current discount system is a steam thing so Klei cant do anything about the current sityation. But once DST is fully released you will be able to gift that. And you can always gift the money, and let people buy the packs for themselves.

But are you sure you cant buy the mega pack as a gift? Cos you are supposed to be able to do that.

oh.. single DS & Mega Pack can buy for gift only.

i see the Klei's plan.. useless/confuse 75% discount is just bait.

steam policy talk is just justification.

you're want to just sales promotion to DS & Megapack :/

these.. are just make me still confused.

if you guyz sell DST from own store or other distributor?

when the friends already got DS or DS+RoG. it's totally insane with megapack(overwrite DS+RoG and money blow!) for just DST. @_@

it's for somekind of DST launderer or smuggler? it's honestly need it?

i just want to tell is.. it's unintended from Klei's plan, 75% discount is becoming lie in Steam's policy.

and showen like klei pressure megapack to the customers-already got DST and like it and want to recommend to others-. (i know it's not klei's purpose, just give an example)

i've disapointed to klei once, when klei suddenly shutdown the Multiplayer mod and notice a 'no multiplayer code, Never!' to purchaser. (at that time, i just buy DS for playing with friends -_-)

gift the money

Calavera, you can't gift steam wallet, and we can't easily gift money to opposite side of the earth.

hello~

-_- now silenced?

acknowledge or ignoring?

if you guyz want keep give one excuse about steam system, then explain the DS discount Gift and Megapack discount Gift.

if it's all steam's system problem, then why those 2 package are can discount and giftable?

it's contradictory. so it's all lie for just Fraudulent sales promotion?

then why not sell the DST only without discount?

why keep pressure megapack to customers?

and impose overwrite DS/RoG to gift receivers?

Archived