Don't Stave Together Frontier Pack: Now Available on Steam!

@Krypto, No, there is no extra copy of DS in any version of the frontier pack. It is either a $20 pack if you dont own DS. with DS for yourself and two copys of DST.

Or the $5 pack if you do own DS. with two copies of DST.

Yes, that's what I said. I didn't mean there are two copies of DS in the original pack.

Just the one and that's for you since you do not own DS if you are purchasing that pack.

If you already own Don't Starve, then the Frontier pack is 2 copies of DST early access. The discount is applied for already owning Don't Starve, so there is no additional copy of Don't Starve.

dst_steam_checkout.png

I'm pretty frickin confused and pissed, it doesn't check the 20 $ off for me, I have dont starve

Any one else havin this problem?

If you already own Don't Starve, then the Frontier pack is 2 copies of DST early access. The discount is applied for already owning Don't Starve, so there is no additional copy of Don't Starve.

dst_steam_checkout.png

Thank you for first clearing that up. Reading the person who also responded to me seeing as it is stand alone it is understandable.

So if you were to not own Don't Starve currently you would receive 1 copy of the game and 2 DST keys, if I'm reading everything being told correctly.

First issue I'm noticing between my Steam and yours is I am not seeing this support article link now.

Anywhere.

The second issue is, if I try to make a false purchase of that pack, I am not allowed. I'm going to assume this is a Steam side issue though and reset to see if anything changes.

edit: nothing changed on either issue.

On a side note though, if possible, a change in the wording on the Store page might help clear up a lot of issues.

side side note: you should go get a coffee or tea, or anything to help relax :(

Yeah in the other thread we think it has to do with redeeming don't starve on steam as a beta since in your account it doesn't say that we redeemed don't starve it says we redeemed don't starve beta

Yea, I figured that out earlier too. I just hope Klei knows and let Steam know. It is an easier fix than contacting Steam with "People are complaining of problem [X], how do we fix it?". Probably faster to ask, "Please add the Don't Starve Beta License to the discount please."

@Kazekirix, No you do not. And actually, you can't... current DST key-owners cannot buy the Frontier Pack because they already own DST.

The Frontier Pack is being offered for current owners of DS-only, who want to get into the beta before it's given to them for free. A perk of buying it in this early access/beta stage is that they are given a gift copy of DST to pass along to a friend. It's also being offered for non-owners of DS who want both games immediately - those people receive DS and DST in their libraries, along with a DST gift item in their inventory to pass along.

Ok - So I own DS and RoG from GoG.com but DST requires steam to play and there is no alternative on the radar......,

How are Klei supporting their customers that didn't buy the original on steam?  It seems unfair that I have buy the DST on steam for full price (or any price) on launch as it is a free expansion to those who have purchased DS via steam?

I buy Don't Starve about 6-8 month ago and on forum i see what if i own Don't Starve, i will be have Don't Starve together when it will be in Early-Access, but i dont have it why Klei? Whyyyy?                                                                                                                                      P.S My english not cool =P

I buy Don't Starve about 6-8 month ago and on forum i see what if i own Don't Starve, i will be have Don't Starve together when it will be in Early-Access, but i dont have it why Klei? Whyyyy?                                                                                                                                      P.S My english not cool =P

Hey Denaret, I will try to keep this simple for you. You will get Don't Starve Together when it is "FULLY" Released, If you want to play in "EARLY ACCESS" you must buy the "FRONTIER PACK" :-)

But if you wait you will get Don't Starve Together for FREE When it is finished.

Hope this helps.

PS. If you already own Don't Starve, the frontier pack will be $5. (and you will get 2 keys for DS Together)

If you do NOT own don't starve currently the frontier pack will be $20 and come with a copy of Don't starve for yourself and the 2 DST keys.

PS. If you already own Don't Starve, the frontier pack will be $5. (and you will get 2 keys for DS Together)

If you do NOT own don't starve currently the frontier pack will be $20 and come with a copy of Don't starve for yourself and the 2 DST keys.

I bought Don't Starve in Nov. 2012 - as Beta.

Since then I have played it in Chrome.

Now I have used the Steam Key from 2012, but I should pay 19,99 at all. 

Is the problem, that I should have used the Key earlier? 

No, the price should be fixed for everyone who have access to DS in Steam using a key not bought directly from Steam. Check again, and if you are still being charged more than $5, contact the Klei Support using their support e-mail: livesupport[at]kleientertainment.com

*Be sure to include your Steam ID in the e-mail, the numerical unique ID and not your log-in. A fast way to find out your id is to use this site: http://steamidfinder.com/

There was a problem, but it should be fixed now, check the store page in your steam account and see if the price is fixed for you (refresh may or may not be needed). :)

Klei saying Valve confirmed it should be fixed now: https://twitter.com/klei/status/544905280396734466

I bought DST for 4.99$ as i had DS before so i got 2x DST, 1st one was instantly added to my game library and second added to inventory which i gave to friend already, my question is, what will happen if i buy the same pack again?? will i get 2x DST to inventory?

Archived